1 2 3 ... 5
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
5/4/21 10:19 a.m.

This car has been the best commuter ever for more than 3.5 years, but I'm ready to move on. 2012 Nissan Leaf SL with 49,000 miles. Shiny paint, no smells, ice cold A/C, clean Carfax, never been in a paintbooth, etc. etc. It had a new drive battery under warranty at 29,000 miles, and the TCU was replaced with updated 3G hardware so the car will pair with the NissanConnect app. 10/12 battery bars remaining; number 11 disappeared on 3/21/21, so you should have plenty of miles left until it loses another. It has the optional quick charge Chademo port. It needs rear tires, as they're past the wear bars. The front tires aren't far behind. The RF upper strut bearing makes a little bit of noise in parking lots, but it hasn't bothered me enough to lubricate or replace it. When you eventually put a set of shocks on it, just grab quick struts to make your life easier and make that noise go away. Other than that it doesn't need anything and has zero issues. Includes the OEM charger in its OEM storage bag, a second set of OEM carpet floor mats that I never used, as well as two key fobs. Spotless rust-free underside.

$6000 OBO, located in Ormond Beach, FL.

You should be able to see a copy of the Autocheck here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1z7bkhykrsq65vw/2012%20Nissan%20Leaf%20Autocheck.pdf?dl=0

mtn
mtn MegaDork
5/4/21 10:38 a.m.

Wow, looks like you get at least 15 extra leaves for free!

GLWS, been happy to hear your thoughts on this through the years. 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/4/21 2:47 p.m.

For those hesitant, the first gen Leaf is really a very useful little car. It's totally fun to drive and is amazingly economical. It even makes a happy noise when you turn it on. I drove a 2015 for three years.

Nice car, hope it sells easily!

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Trade you a Miata + some cash for it :)

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
5/5/21 4:31 a.m.

we're interested.  but we've got to do some research and/or logistics before committing "firmly".  Some of that won't have a chance to get done until ~Tuesday, maybe.

So, if someone chimes up, we're happy to be considered "second" in line.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
5/5/21 11:39 a.m.

With a fully charged battery, what is the range? I assume that is not really an easy question to answer because use of A/C or heat will affect this as well as driving behavior, but how about a rough number?

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
5/5/21 3:25 p.m.

I'm interested. I have to talk to my wife though. What is your real-world economy?

The OEM charger, is that a 120V level 1 charger?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/5/21 6:18 p.m.

I'm pretty sure I've never seen one on the road.  

Tom Suddard
5/5/21 7:00 p.m.

Thanks for the interest, everybody! And sorry for not answering these questions sooner.

First, no trades (sorry). I have too many cars and really need to stop bringing new ones home. That said, I am happy to help out with logistics for a GRMer, and don't mind storing this inside for a month or two once it's paid for.

Real world range depends, but 65-70miles is a safe bet. Less on the highway, more around town. It's plenty for a day of running around Daytona.

The included charger is a level 1, but I have a level 2 GE watt station in the attic if you need a garage charger. I'll throw it in for free if you want it, unless you really beat me down on price. I'd planned to save it for whenever I inevitably buy another electric car. 

Tom Suddard
5/5/21 7:27 p.m.

Oh, and one more note on range: It's wild how quickly you get used to always waking up with a full battery/tank. I drove my Element until the gas light came on a few nights ago, then got in it the next morning running late for breakfast. Turns out it doesn't fill itself up overnight like the Leaf! I had to stop for gas, which was a weird/terrible revelation. 

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
5/6/21 11:39 a.m.

Thanks. Maybe I'll be in touch! It'd be a nice road trip to MI.

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/6/21 12:04 p.m.

I volunteer my level 2 charger in Greenville SC for the ride home if needed. Bring beverages as an exchange.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
5/7/21 6:23 a.m.

Sadly, we cannot make the numbers work. Not the price, but having an EV as an only family vehicle. Double that range, maybe. Sadly, 100 miles at a go doesn't work for us. 

Tom Suddard
5/11/21 8:38 a.m.

Price drop to $6000. Somebody needs a Leaf!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/21 9:03 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

I DO need a leaf, but not a nice one. I need a rolled/wrecked one for about $1000 or less so that I can drivetrain-swap a challenge car. 

sleepyhead the buffalo
5/11/21 11:42 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

This is a heck of a day.  My life got suddenly easier and harder at the same time.  PM being sent.

Anyone want to help deliver a Leaf from GRM to ~SWVA, between now and July 1st?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/11/21 11:47 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

My first thought was that would be a cool adventure.  Then I thought about stopping every 75 miles to charge.  The cool part left my brain.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
5/11/21 12:08 p.m.
Stampie said:

My first thought was that would be a cool adventure.  Then I thought about stopping every 75 miles to charge.  The cool part left my brain.

The final destination is only 114 miles nirtg of Michael's house.  Are you running an empty trailer to Michael's any time soon?  

sleepyhead the buffalo
5/11/21 12:12 p.m.
John Welsh said:
Stampie said:

The final destination is only 114 miles north of Michael's house.  Are you running an empty trailer to Michael's any time soon?  

Yeah, I was figuring on sticking it on someone's trailer, or maybe a dolly.  We'd be happy to find a reasonable rate for dragging it up there.

Stampie
5/11/21 1:39 p.m.
John Welsh said:
Stampie said:

The final destination is only 114 miles nirtg of Michael's house.  Are you running an empty trailer to Michael's any time soon?  

My trailer is still intentionally in broken mode.  That leaves me with way less temptation.

Stampie
5/11/21 3:29 p.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:
Tom Suddard said:

This is a heck of a day.  My life got suddenly easier and harder at the same time.  PM being sent.

Anyone want to help deliver a Leaf from GRM to ~24171, between now and July 1st?

I won't be heading north till at least mid July.  Even then it would be a week trip til I'm close to Michael so renting a trailer wouldn't make sense.

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/11/21 4:59 p.m.

I have a trailer you can use stampie if you need to.

Stampie
5/11/21 5:16 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

I have a trailer you can use stampie if you need to.

That work for you mid to late July?  Guess we should clear it with Michael also.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/11/21 6:07 p.m.

We can do an electric nissan swap at my place.

as long as theres food and fellowship involved!

sleepyhead the buffalo
5/12/21 11:22 a.m.

so, our original plan was to be down in that area end of July.  We're probably going to be "stuck in place" in NoVA through the middle of July, at the earliest... based on our expectation of the travel guidance, and timeline for the sleepykids being allowed to get shots.

hopefully that's all long enough that some of the current issues with fuel and rental cars abates somewhat.

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mP4rErYSKBkFTCLG0R3onVydqMEBXqsYVqR4oY8qbqDiR3M8LEcJZZhiKtmK5WvG