engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
6/7/21 10:31 a.m.

SOLD!

We moved onto a Cayenne Diesel for our softroading fancy overland vehicle (build here https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/project-winecheese-cayenne-diesel-overland/183736/page1/ ) and it's time to let our Pathfinder go!

I bought this in Jan 2020 from GRM Member aklekoz ( https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/community/akylekoz/ ) and put about 10k miles on the truck.  Very fun for its size, the VK56 V8 transforms this soccer mom SUV into something special.  Someone take this and use it well for an offroad build, overlanding, towing, whatever!

GRM  Price $7500, non-GRM $8000

Location: Clarkston, MI - Close to Flint and Detroit airports, I can pick you up!

Contact: via GRM "PM" system (if that does not work, please reply here)

2008 Nissan Pathfinder LE V8

VIN 5N1BR18B98C614075

Mileage 154,234

PHOTOS:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/iXJ6GxpzXKC68sbf6

Good

• V8 feels like 310HP/388ft-lb are all there, it feels right quick! 
  • Cooper Discover AT3 4S tires, 8k miles on them, DiscountTire certificates applied and can be transferred to new owner. 265/65R18 look quite nice and are fantastic in snow and light offroading.
  • AirLift 1000 air springs in rear for adjusting the sagging rear end with heavy towing
  • Bilstein 4600 shocks
  • OEM "Off-Road" model skid plates installed on engine/transfer case
  • 3rd row, seats all fold totally flat, lots of room for storage of things.
  • Towing capacity 7000lbs
  • LE model with Bose sound, pretty good!
  • Recent services:
  • Brake Job just completed in June 2021 and bedded-in
  • Oil change at 11/4/20 and 152k miles
  • Windshield replaced last year
  • A/C recharged in June, no leaks (rear A/C system blocked-off)
  • Battery replaced: Interstate Costco, July 2020,
  • Rear lift struts upgraded with McMaster units

Not So Good

• Some body rust occurring on pass rear fender.  To mitigate further rustness, I applied Fluid Film last fall and it appears to still have a solid layer.
  • Scratches & dents, see pics for all blemishes
  • HVAC auto climate control has never worked great, might be the internal cabin temp sensor is offset reading since it seems like it thinks the cabin is warmer than it really is.  I just use manual controls and it works fine enough.
  • Exhaust starting to go out in places, probably another year or so left on it. So some noticeable slight exhaust leak noise. It does not apear to be coming from the manifolds, but after the cats.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
6/7/21 2:28 p.m.

I loved this truck, it was my spirit animal, everything about it suited me and my needs.  Would own again 100% but now is not the time with multiple 6' and growing children. 

It embarrassed a few people from 60-110, it is a sleeper with potential.

Looks like you changed the wheel color, looks good.  Dip or powder or?

GLWS

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
6/7/21 2:33 p.m.

Oooo tempting.

Does it have a limited slip or locker in the rear?  What is the length from behind the driver's seat to the hatch (sleeping area)?

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
6/7/21 2:36 p.m.
akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
6/7/21 2:37 p.m.

In reply to ProDarwin :

Funny you should ask, that was the OP's first question too.

russde
russde GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/7/21 4:15 p.m.

I looked and looked for one of these thanks to akylekoz's thread but couldn't find one...'settled' for a GX470 which I do love...but boy, if I didn't I'd be all over this, especially for the price.

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
6/7/21 4:22 p.m.
akylekoz said:

I loved this truck, it was my spirit animal, everything about it suited me and my needs.  Would own again 100% but now is not the time with multiple 6' and growing children. 

It embarrassed a few people from 60-110, it is a sleeper with potential.

Looks like you changed the wheel color, looks good.  Dip or powder or?

GLWS

Yes, dipped with anthracite from DipYourCar, it looks great and has held up well!

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
6/7/21 4:29 p.m.
ProDarwin said:

Oooo tempting.

Does it have a limited slip or locker in the rear?  What is the length from behind the driver's seat to the hatch (sleeping area)?

Haha yes we asked the same question to akylekoz!  I will get another measurement and pics in a bit.  I fit just fine at 6'1".  You would need to make a sort of platform for your head, we had an Xterra before this and it had a nice space for fitting in Rubbermaid containers for head platform, its a bit more custom on the Pathfinder I think. I will get some pics.  TONS of vertical room in the rear.

I don't believe it came with a locking rear diff, even on the off-road models (Xterra off-road did) it's similar to the Armada LSD rear end.  The center diff can lock, and go from 4Auto to 4X4 locked to 4X4 Lo.  The rear axle ratio is quite tall at 2.93 however.  Off-road package came with 3.36:1 but only with the V6, so you could probably find a V6 off-road package and swap it in?
https://www.fourwheeler.com/vehicle-reviews/129-0709-2008-nissan-pathfinder-titan-review/

Amazon.com: Rear Differential Assembly Fits 08 09 10 11 12 Nissan Pathfinder  SE 2WD R328161: Automotive

If you need any more motivation this thing is a hot-rod:

http://www.trucktrend.com/truck-reviews/0808rv-2008-nissan-pathfinder-se-v8

The power comes at a price, the most MPG we've ever got was about 18mpg highway.  Mixed city driving gets more around 14-15 MPG.  The Cayenne on the other hand gets 30MPG mixed easily and has enough shove for a luxury SUV.

I will get underbody pics later as well, for an idea of the rust, unfortunately MI salt is a tough mistress.

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
6/7/21 5:06 p.m.

Pics added to album, here's rough measurements:

Cargo width entry = 47"

Cargo height entry = 35"

Cargo length with 2nd row up, 3rd row down = 44"

Cargo length with 2nd row down, 3rd row down = 72"

"Sleep" length with all seats down, front row slid up = 86"

Also added pics of all the places for cargo storage and the fancy 1st aid kit that's shared with the Xterra.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
6/8/21 8:48 a.m.

I didn't realize they made these with the V8.  GLWS

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/21 10:22 a.m.

I also didn't realize these had a V8 option.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
6/8/21 11:17 a.m.

I remember when akylekoz got this. I had no idea that they were available in this configuration. I'd love to replace the Sienna with this but it doesn't make sense with the fact that the Sienna is probably better at carrying people,and gets way better fuel mileage. It sure would be nice to have a vehicle that could tow and the V8 is pretty awesome.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/21 11:43 a.m.

If it helps any that diff looks like the standard housing of the day for Infiniti/NIssan.  With a simple change of the input flange a 350z diff will bolt in.  Of course you might need to match front and rear gearing for 4x4.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
6/8/21 2:24 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I believe the transfer case and rear diff are lifted from the Armada.  It has more modes than the V6 model.  2, auto, 4 and 4lo.  Trans is the same model as a V6 but no towing button or manual gate and some unique programming.

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
6/11/21 7:17 a.m.

It's posted on marketplace now, I'll keep it updated if it sells. 

ERS
ERS
6/11/21 9:40 a.m.

I'm interested-  the forum email kicked my message back to me, but I think I was able to send it through to your gmail account.

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
6/11/21 9:42 a.m.
ERS said:

I'm interested-  the forum email kicked my message back to me, but I think I was able to send it through to your gmail account.

I got your email, were you able to use the contact button on my profile? 

ERS
ERS New Reader
6/11/21 9:54 a.m.

In reply to engiekev : I did use the contact button on your profile, but the GRM returned it as undeliverable.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/11/21 11:20 a.m.

In reply to ERS :

Look deep into that "non delivered message".  It will tell you the email address that it couldn't deliver to. Then, just write an email directly to that email address. 

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
6/11/21 3:01 p.m.
John Welsh said:

In reply to ERS :

Look deep into that "non delivered message".  It will tell you the email address that it couldn't deliver to. Then, just write an email directly to that email address. 

That's what he did, so I got his message. But is there anything I can do to fix that undeliverable error for future contact requests?

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
6/14/21 7:45 p.m.

Sold! Facebook sale, unfortunately, wouldve loved for it to go a GRMer. I'll miss it, but I like the Cayenne more 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HvjM7CqZ3h4QLlPdounYXGADD0gU17XghynHkj7AFUwMV9XBVnKQga51FfWfnA73