Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
2/29/16 5:24 p.m.

SOLD

2004 Evolution 8 RS (Clean title)

Color: Weightless White

Shipping: No Shipping, Can meet within Metro DC area, (DMV)

Price: $15,800 (I am open to hear offers)

Mileage 106422.

PM For inquiries

I am selling my 2004 Evo 8 RS, plus set of extra wheels, misc parts/fluids. I am the first, one, and only owner of this car.

Drivetrain

• Engine and transmission are untouched stock.
  • Downpipe back is an early Buschur 3 inch system. (HighFlow cat is causing CEL to be on, have stock CAT still)
  • Optima Battery

Interior

• Alpine radio installed with 4 speakers
  • Fabric on front seats in great condition
  • Fabric on rear seat in great condition
  • Both front seats have cracked seatbacks

Exterior

• The car is square and true, basically in good condition. There are two cosmetic issues with the metal (photos show areas).
  • One is in the right rear door which was slightly dented by a jeep bumper.
  • Second is on the left front fender, a slight dent.
  • JDM all red tail lights

Suspension and Brakes

• Bilstien PSS9 coil over shocks on front Cusco camber plates rear stock upper mounts.
  • Stoptech rotors
  • Carbotech AX6 pads
  • SS brake lines in front
  • Whiteline front sway bar links

Extra Stuff

• Four stock Enkei wheels with Yokohama Ice Guard Tires
  • Right Rear door Weightless White
  • Set of new Stoptech front rotors
  • Service Manual
  • Stock Catalytic Converter
  • Misc Fluids (Diaqueen LSD, Engine Oil, Diaqueen Transmission fluid, etc)
Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
3/2/16 12:54 p.m.

Thoughts?

Theories?

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/2/16 12:59 p.m.

I don't know the market AT ALL, but $15K seems steep for a car with over 100K miles with a CEL and in need of some bodywork. That said, these cars are BEASTS and the one pictured below is on sale for $44K and it has no interior and someone else's name on the side!

cghstang
cghstang Dork
3/2/16 2:20 p.m.

This is the perfect car for someone looking to dominate any of the AWD classes of SCCA RallyCross. The price seems reasonable to me based on the few RS models I've seen trade hands in the rallycross community.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
3/3/16 1:21 p.m.

The CEL is easy to fix. Just need to put the stock cat back system back on and it is gone. Which I could do if someone wanted me too. My thought was that many folks would go another way with the exhaust after buying the car. If a buyer wanted I would do the work to make the CEL go away before the deal.

I thought I was in the middle price range for the car as it is. But I am humble enough to hear feedback and adjust.

Nick (LUCAS) Comstock
Nick (LUCAS) Comstock UltimaDork
3/9/16 11:05 p.m.

In reply to Advan046:

I know you have been strapped for time lately but I seriously think you would have a better chance of getting close to your asking price if you replaced the rear door with the one you have and replaced the exhaust if that will fix the CEL. It doesn't seem out of line to me as is, but, I'm sure those two issues could turn away some potential buyers.

GLWS.

Advan046
Advan046 SuperDork
3/12/16 11:12 p.m.

Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Yes I started to dig out my old exhaust and start pricing the few gaskets needed for stock exhaust install which will cure the CEL.

I didn't want to touch the door yet. I figured someone might want the numbers matching car thing. All the parts are still original. Not sure if that is a THING though yet.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WA1CJbQVB08QEPesjFRBZl2FwdAwAa22mocFBu0b9OIgkjoCq3KH8g4AWQRoMWnA