tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 11:56 a.m.

This car is mostly complete and almost finished but I never really fell in love with it and the challenge has moved in a different direction than I have so I am hoping someone else might want it. I bought it about a year and a half ago as an actual real life basket case in many pieces that I assembled the best parts of to the best of my limited ability. Never even registered it, comes with a clean maryland title. 

Body is a '91 and it took a hit in the passenger front. damage is light but structural, only just a small area. I have a straight, but modified,fender on it now and the front bumper cover has a Crack or two but minor just around where the turn signal would be iirc. The area around the headlight bucket is bent up but could probably be starightened or pulled enought to fit one back in. I have most of the parts for the headlights in a box but neither are installed at the moment, just a single lamp behind the intercooler to comply withe challenge rules. Pics to follow.

I am in no rush. It is just sitting under a cover out back kinda neglected. Cover is ok and comes with it. Trusted people can pay me after tax day if need be or whatever. I still have a decent selection of tools here to prep anything for a road trip and live very close to a uhaul for any towing rental needs.

Extras are mostly boxes (3 or 4 medium size) or stuff like the hood is off, pass seat is out, think there is a spare bumper cover still. Some stuff is larger but not heavy. No lift required for anything, mostly stuff like side mirrors and windshield wipers that I didn't need for race car but wanted to hold onto for possible future use. With the extra wiring harness, ecus, injectors, cluster, relays, and wheels etc. there may even be some recoupable things among it all. I have packing supplies for the glass and stuff the keep it safe.

The Miata is a 91 body in mostly Mariner Blue. I l bought it as a literal basket case, just a collection of parts from several cars and assembled the best of them into something passable. The engine, transmission and differential are from a 96 including a complete wiring harness swap. It is a torsen diff and the axles appears to be like new. It has a Fidanza short shift kit and lots of new parts in the tower but it quite knotchy and needs a little effort to go into reverse.

Impact damage to passenger front headlight area. Headlights are out but have most of the parts; could probably be pulled straight enough to function but I am not expert. Body and underside show very little damage or corrosion.  Black, white and "close enough" blue spray paint cans included.

All fluids are fresh, all filters are new, brake pads are ebc greens, K & N cone air filter, larger brake booster resovoir, copious amounts of Loctite and jb weld, not a lot of corners cut but done to a $1K challenge budget. 16” Grey Sport Edition wheels with 205/45r16 RE-71Rs that are practically new with hollow aluminum lugnuts.

Full Energy suspension bushing kit installed. New alignment bolts all around and ball joints, etc.. Raceland Coilovers appear to he in good nick. No top, no hvac, no air bags, door glass removed but retained, stock seats (drivers foam deep foam ectomty by me), belts removed, boss frog scca compliant roll hoops with sfi impact padding installed and g-force 6 point belt included but not installed.

Zex wet nitrous kit installed in trunk with solenoid wired for wot. Jets for 40-100 hp in various sizes. Maxspeedingrods turbo in the .53(?) a/r ish size with volkswagon (?) front mount intercooler and ebay piping and blow off valve / external wastegate / manifold. Extra piping, couplings, clamps can be included if you like. GM intake air temp sensor wired into plumbing; mass airflow sensor deleted. 1 steps colder spark plugs installed, might have stockers somewhere…

Megasquirt Plug and Play installed in stock location for a 96 inside a “custom” Tupperware enclosure with map sensor and innovate wideband. RX-8 injectors with new seals, stock injectors included.  Generic boost gauge. Some intermittent functionality of dash gauges, extra cluster included. Full 91 wiring harness included. Various odds and ends included like extra relays, stock header, door mirrors, hood, headlights, etc..

Interior is black and mismatched but there is enough to cover everything up; prob doesn’t matter because race car. Exterior needs some sanding and painting still but there is enough rattle cans left to finish the job to make it a passable race car good. Runs and drives but isn’t tuned fully, tunerstudio . Exhaust is currently a one foot pipe straight up off the turbo! Front fender lips are cut off and larger vents are cut out of sides. Alignment is needed but all adjusters are like new and no bolts are stuck or anything.

I’m probably forgetting stuff because I have kinda put it on the back burner for the past few month but I have put A LOT of sweat into it in order to keep it under $1k for the lowest challenge class. Feel free to ask specific questions to jog my memory about key areas and we can chat about it. I don't really want to negotiate so I am asking for $500 for everything. Includes 3 daisy wheels with bad tires 1 m sport wheel and a steel spare. All the extras should fit in a pickup bed or suv. Good opportunity to get into a challenge starter kit for the cost of the tires...

I can look up details and send more pics for anyone interested. 

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 11:58 a.m.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 11:59 a.m.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 11:59 a.m.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 12:00 p.m.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 12:01 p.m.

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 12:03 p.m.

Call or text is easier but email works too

tb at timothybeau dot com

2 one 5 2 eight 0 0 seven three 0

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
2/22/22 12:20 p.m.

What an amazing bargin. Is it sold yet?

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 12:38 p.m.

Yeah, I think it was just claimed. That didn't take long...

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
2/22/22 12:41 p.m.

I saw it two minutes after you posted and had to restrain myself. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
2/22/22 12:53 p.m.

I too restrained.  Just no real need for it,but that didn't stop the want. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/22/22 1:16 p.m.

Well if it doesn't end up going put me in the list for it. 

tb
tb GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 1:41 p.m.

I'm glad that it is finding a good home, and I will definitely go down the list if it doesn't work out.

I'm not worried about losing out on a few bucks in the liquidation as long as someone enjoys it in the end. I really did put a lot of long days of busted knuckles and sore muscles into it but just failed to bond with the car.

The new owner knows these cars well and knows how to wrench so I expect he will fix up my mistakes and have it finished better than I could have in no time.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/22/22 1:56 p.m.

Wow, that was aggressively priced and lasted 30 minutes.  

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/22 2:19 p.m.

I was reading the ad when Hoopes called me about it. Had to end the call short so I could text tb.  Not sure what it's end game will be but I know first it'll be my chance to beat on a turbo Miata and see if I like them as much as I think I will.

rodknock
rodknock Reader
2/24/22 3:15 p.m.

Man the one day I don't check the Cars for Sale board during lunch lol

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mZMUFRneVpEBu49iEkXLLFzFirh7lCyy6rKTdV5ODMWnsVYfLoi0GVrgENcjOQhO