GT1Mustang
GT1Mustang New Reader
9/24/22 7:21 p.m.

Originally built as a Fox Body in 1987, currently with an SN95 body

The car has a Speedway Engineering chassis. The same one as the DeAtley Camaros were wining the TransAm series with at the time. Speedway built this chassis with the upper cage modified to accept the Mustang roof. The chassis has a 3 link quick change rear end and watts link. There is an extensive use of Tilton products. 3 disc clutch, starter, hydraulic clutch release along with brake master cylinders. JAZ Brake calipers that use the same seals/pads as Wilwood. The engine is a Ford Motorsport XE NASCAR pillow block. It has a billet steel crank producing 310 cu.in. The cylinder heads are Ford Motorsport A3 aluminum tall port with stainless rockers and stud girdles. Carillo rods and Venolia pistons. Dry Sump with custom Olsen pan and a preheater in the oil tank assures no oiling problems or long idling sessions. MSD crank fired ignition and 8,000 limiter chip allowed this package to be clocked at 170 mph on Willow Springs front straight. The car raced originally at Willow Springs, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca and Sears point. It had several podiums.

When the car was purchased it lacked several parts. I have purchased some I have new trans yoke and U joints. A new 850 CFM Holley Track Warrior Carburetor with AN fittings is included. A current FIA rated seat is included with new mounting brackets. You’ll need a windshield (stock glass or 5 Star Racing). You'll need your choice of belts. It's plumbed for a fire system but there is no bottle. You'll need a GM one wire alternator. You'll need a trans (Ford toploader), shifter and driveshaft. The car was missing its 12x16 front wheels. Since I wasn’t going full combat I purchased 2 sets of 15x10 NASCAR wheels and 16 used tires which should be good for a couple years of fun – or until you want to run 11/10. The car has custom cross over headers that originally exited the R side. To meet Laguna Seca noise limits 2 large Flow Masters were added and the exit was moved under the car. Also included is a full set of body molds.

I have a Tremec TKO600 trans that has been converted to a dog box. You'd need to swap the clutch discs (available from Tilton) but you also would not have to purchase a shifter for the toploader. $1,500 It's the .82 fifth gear (much better for a race car than the .68 overdrive). Check where you want to run the car to see if the 5 speed would be legal. 

Now my grumpy old man terms. Don't waste my time. The car has sat for 10+ years. The engine is free and nothing seems to be amiss. Currently the body is not completely on the car so photos make the car look very uncomplete - it is a complete car except as noted. The reason I'm selling is pure and simple - I've got a bad back from an industrial accident. With surgery I was hoping to recover enough to use this toy. That didn't pan out so I'm selling it. I have more than $7,000 invested and that is my bottom dollar. The car is in Southern California sitting on my trailer. You can use the trailer to take it home within 300 miles (the car is 80" wide).

Send me your email and I'll send a detailed PDF of parts on the car etc. - bmacd68@yahoo.com 

This is the body style - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VhMQ9bLn3k

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/24/22 8:30 p.m.

In reply to GT1Mustang :

I'm sorry about your back.  Sounds like a great car.  GLWS

Loweguy5
Loweguy5 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/25/22 8:15 a.m.

Sounds like a good deal for a great start.  Posting good pictures of what it actually looked like and what it looks like now will no doubt raise your likelihood of a sale.

I feel for you about your back.  I had major back surgery in January and it's no fun.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
swr4qVheJscG7M9RgNVfRMGHQgXeyzEPhicRmQhciPrmunyyLT8gmZwviUQdIJG3