MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
2/18/23 11:35 p.m.

Here is a you want it they will build it car for sale. 

https://glenshelly.com/sales/1988-bmw-m3-parts-project

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
2/19/23 12:49 a.m.

These guys aren't all that far from me, maybe 45+ minute drive.  Owned by Alex, who writes for Roundel, the BMW Car Club magazine. 

calteg
calteg SuperDork
2/19/23 4:17 p.m.

The customization aspect is very cool, but I'm pretty sure $100k buys me a running, driving E30 M3

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
2/19/23 4:57 p.m.

When I saw the picture it looks like it may have been refinished already. That would explain why it is all disassembled.  I am always reading E36M3 (jk) all the time so why not give him some free advertisement for a M3 BMW

LanEvo
LanEvo GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/21/23 12:10 a.m.
calteg said:

The customization aspect is very cool, but I'm pretty sure $100k buys me a running, driving E30 M3

There are still a bunch out there for well under $100k. Solid ones go for $60-75k these days.

MyMiatas said:

When I saw the picture it looks like it may have been refinished already.

The color choice is a head-scratcher for me. If you're going to completely strip and repaint the whole car, why not pick a more interesting color? Henna Red, Macau Blue, Nogaro Silver, or Misano would get a LOT more attention than Brilliant Red.

calteg
calteg SuperDork
2/21/23 1:50 p.m.
LanEvo said:
calteg said:

There are still a bunch out there for well under $100k. Solid ones go for $60-75k these days.

MyMiatas said:

When I saw the picture it looks like it may have been refinished already.

The color choice is a head-scratcher for me. If you're going to completely strip and repaint the whole car, why not pick a more interesting color? Henna Red, Macau Blue, Nogaro Silver, or Misano would get a LOT more attention than Brilliant Red.

That's my point. I don't need to overpay AND wait for the car to be built. This opportunity is obviously aimed at the BaT, E30 M3 is not exclusive enough, must be 1 of 1 E30 M3 crowd. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6AVFT0CNleKayg2aT7LWuXvohYRVk9VIVI1s1wnukUAFWG6pTofTbJK7IPMiAzV3