daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
2/9/20 3:20 p.m.

Growing family, I need another vehicle with more than 2 seatbelts. I'm keeping my miata.

Asking: $SOLD OBO

Condition: everything works

Ad: Click and Buy!

Now is your chance to own a well maintained manual transmission hybrid!

If I could get the JDM rear seats and seatbelts I would be keeping this car.

Video proof the battery helps overcome the FWD understeer tendencies. 

Autocross from 2013

Thanks for looking

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
2/17/20 9:33 a.m.

Weekly bump, still for sale. $5500 now for a GRMer (still listed 6500 locally)

Craigslist appropriate picture:

Bonus' included with the sale: 

An original GRM with the review of the CRZ when it was new (comparing it back to back with a crx). It was a positive review!

3 volume set of FSM's (volume 1 and 2 are mechanical, 3 is body), this is a genuine honda set.

weathertech floor mats, and the cloth honda mats (which are clean and basically unused) 

Three (3!) Honda mud flaps (found them at a junkyard on a crz, never decided what to do with them)

Various factory take offs: front license plate bracket, "rear" cup holder ( I installed a honda arm rest in its location), honda vinyl shift boot ( I replaced it with a leather boot), 12v battery "box" (dry cell optima didn't fit in the box, is used as a hold down for OEM size 12v battery), spare parts for door latch (upgraded design installed drivers side), a honda wiper insert or 2 (not sure how many I have).

Miscellaneous modifications: aftermarket tint on side and rear windows (professional install, was already installed in 2013 when I got the car, has held up well), laminex covers on fog lights (has not aged gracefully, but still protects the damage prone glass lamps), K&N drop in air filter.

I have all my records from when I got this vehicle in 2013 with 30 odd thousand miles which consists of every fillup, oil change, tire purchase etc.  

Have a good week!

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
2/19/20 10:02 a.m.

Would anyone mind sharing their opinion on what you think a fair asking price is for this? Even if you aren't interested in buying. 

Thanks

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise Dork
2/19/20 10:24 a.m.
daytonaer said:

Would anyone mind sharing their opinion on what you think a fair asking price is for this? Even if you aren't interested in buying. 

Thanks

I buy and sell 10-15 cars a year. My opinion (worth less than 0.02 Turkish Lira), is that MT cars that are not sporty are hard to sell. Sports cars owners, want MT, though these days even that is getting rare. I have owned 2 CRX si since new, and I am familiar with the CRZ. Most people aren't. Hybrid buyers tend to be people who don't care about cars. Its truly an appliance. They are buying for 100 mile a day commutes. Thus they even more don't want a MT. 

Locally, your car is $4200-4700 in my market. I bought a CRZ 3 years ago, it took me 49 days to flip it. My average flip time is 7.1 days, to give you an idea. 

MrChaos
MrChaos GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/19/20 6:32 p.m.

it isnt the price, it is the issue of it being a CRZ.  The fit is faster and more usable in every way and isnt encumbered by a hybrid system and gets similar gas mileage.  The people that like CRZ's already have them. not many people are looking for a 2 door 2 seat hatchback that is slow.

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
2/20/20 8:07 a.m.
mr2s2000elise said:

Locally, your car is $4200-4700 in my market....

Thanks for the feedback!

Anyone interested for $4500?

Thanks.

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
2/20/20 8:24 a.m.
MrChaos said:

it isnt the price, it is the issue of it being a CRZ.  The fit is faster and more usable in every way and isnt encumbered by a hybrid system and gets similar gas mileage.  The people that like CRZ's already have them. not many people are looking for a 2 door 2 seat hatchback that is slow.

Unfortunately I find your opinion is shared by many others. Some press reviews (not GRM) and the launch of the BRZ/frs right after the introduction of the cr-z influenced peoples opinions heavily. Reviewers begged for more power, then the brz/frs came out and everyone forgot. Honda did release a supercharger kit, LSD and other upgrades, but it was too late as the opinions had been formed. 

I would encourage you to drive a fit and a cr-z back to back. They are quite different vehicles. Although I acknowledge the cr-z is compromise laden, it is my opinion that the cr-z has Honda's magical "more than the sum of its parts" feel.

The fit is rated at 27/33 mpg for the 5 speed manual, the crz is rated 31/37mpg for the 6 speed manual. 

Link

cr-z: 8.4 seconds 0-60, fit: 0-60 8.3 or 8.8 (?) seconds. (not as easy to find consistent comparison data)

Again, thanks for sharing your opinion, if you are in central PA and this hasn't sold you are more then welcome to take this for a spin just to experience it.

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
2/24/20 7:00 p.m.

Added more pictures.

All records: from every fill up to all maintenance.

Still listed $5100 locally, $4500 OBO to a GRM'er.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
2/24/20 8:18 p.m.

Seems like such a good deal. But I'm not in the market for anything like this... too bad. 

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
2/25/20 3:24 p.m.

Passed it on to a South PA friend who has considered a CR-Z in the past. This is a good mix of price and condition imo. 

Notmelko
Notmelko
2/25/20 7:26 p.m.

Looks pretty clean any signs of rust? I'd be interested in checking this out this weekend if it's still available. Would be coming from the Detroit area. 

keithedwards
keithedwards Reader
2/26/20 7:46 a.m.

I passed the information on to my daughter and son-in-law in Long Island. We test drove a CR-Z together in 2011 or so. She ended up buying a Fit then, and another Fit since then.

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
2/26/20 11:47 a.m.

In reply to Notmelko :

No significant rust, there is some surface rust on some underbody components (welded steel suspension parts, most of the paint is still intact but there is some rust starting at some seams and welded areas etc. on the suspension/crossmember parts) It is relatively insignificant for a Pennsylvania car, but not perfect. This has been mostly a daily driver all year round, and PA salts the roads. I do try to keep it clean, but it is unavoidable.  Bodywise I have seen no rust, the seam sealing seems pretty good. No signs of concern around wheel wells, body seams etc. I have some jacks, jackstands and creeper if you want to poke around and look closer. If there is something specific you want to see I can try to get pictures.

Detroit is not a short distance, I don't want to dissuade you, but this is a good condition daily driver, no show car. I will be around most of the weekend, I have some work but do not work all weekend. If you happen to be in the Altoona PA area anyway, please stop by to check it out. If you are thinking of detroit to PA trip for just this car, let me know and I will try to work out more details (title transfers are handled at notary centers here, most local ones here have limited hours of business, I would also like to show more pictures of things you are unsure of as suprises would be unpleasant for you)

Thanks

Notmelko
Notmelko New Reader
2/26/20 3:25 p.m.

If you could send some pics highlighting some of the areas you mentioned I'd appreciate it.

Some signs of rust is expected I think, we salt here as well and the intention would be to keep it a daily vehicle.

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
2/26/20 8:32 p.m.
Notmelko said:

If you could send some pics highlighting some of the areas you mentioned I'd appreciate it.

Some signs of rust is expected I think, we salt here as well and the intention would be to keep it a daily vehicle.

Anything specific?

I don't have a lift, and the weather is not great here now. I can try to get a cellphone camera and flashlight to get some underbody shots tomorrow, but I apologize in advance about the quality. 

Mike
Mike GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/26/20 11:26 p.m.

Just a bump and good luck with sale from a fellow CR-Z owner. 

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
2/27/20 10:13 a.m.

In reply to Notmelko :

Driver front wheel well:

Driver rear wheel well:

Passenger rear wheelwell: 

Passenger wheel well:

Notmelko
Notmelko New Reader
2/27/20 8:17 p.m.

In reply to daytonaer :

Yeah that doesn't look too bad, I'd still be interested in coming to take a look. Can you send me a message with your info and we can go from there?

daytonaer
daytonaer HalfDork
3/4/20 2:24 p.m.

SOLD.

Thank you

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
gOT0bXJoXOqEK4rfH96XlU17IEh54PPZcn8yNiWNMV5m42mUiyFN2MrmdfpkpaO9