hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/16/20 11:11 a.m.

NMNA. Never seen one of these before. Seller is pretty proud of it, but based on an original Manx project these days he may not be too out of line.

CL Ad link

"This is a very rare Sportsland Unlimited Concept 1 fiberglass dune buggy from 1971. Only a hand full were built and the factory burnt down. It is a 1971 mounted on a 2" x 3" rectangle tube chassis. It has a Corvair trans axle with a 4 speed transmission. I also have 2 or 3 Corvair 140HP 4 carburetor engines that go with it. It can easily be converted to a VW or a Pontiac Fiero if you did not want to use the Corvair. The original owner started this project in 1971 and died from some health issues before finishing it and the family pushed it in the garage until a few years ago when I purchased it. I had big plans for it and put brand new 19" tires mounted on BMW wheels on it. I also have the front lower cowl and engine cowl along with fiberglass bucket seats and another 4 speed. This would be an awesome beach cruiser or weekender. Calls only @ show contact info
please do not text me or email me on this because it will not be answered. Delivery is available if needed. This was designed after the 3rd generation Corvette. Asking $4000 OBO or $3000 OBO without tires and wheels.​​​​​​​"

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/16/20 1:18 p.m.

Let's go with: yes I'll let you keep those wheels for $1000, Alex 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
1/16/20 1:57 p.m.

Needs about Six whacks of the lowering stick before I'd even consider it.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
1/16/20 2:09 p.m.

"Sports car"

Most of them seem to have that monster truck ride height, which makes sense for a dune buggy but not for a "sports car."

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
1/16/20 7:20 p.m.
Robbie said:

Let's go with: yes I'll let you keep those wheels for $1000, Alex 

They look like poorly painted E46 M3 wheels?

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
1/16/20 10:41 p.m.

Oh how i have dreamed of putting my turbo 5 cyl, 5M FWD subframe, engine and transaxle in the back of one of these or similar........

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
niFXUTT0EYEydTjjjqk9QnoOutPsapMHLjBFzUgpAWjjK5IIyAGQft1aHR6xmrE1