Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
2/14/18 10:55 p.m.

Hey all!

I’ve been looking for a nice 240 for a while, with little luck. I’m located in MS. I’ll be traveling to SC and back  in the middle of March and am very willing to make a pit stop. I am honestly looking for something I can hop in and use for a daily. Budget is 5k. If anyone’s got one or knows of one, hit me up! Thanks. 

Chad

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
2/15/18 12:02 a.m.

Which ones? Coupe, sedan or wagon? There are plenty out there. Go check out the turbobricks.com in the For sale ads. 

Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
2/15/18 6:46 a.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non :

I’m open to anything as long as it’s descent. As far as turbobricks, I lurk. But it’s more parts than anything else. And when I do find cars, they’re almost always too far. 

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
2/15/18 11:13 a.m.
Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
2/15/18 1:53 p.m.

In reply to Sine_Qua_Non :

Bet it won’t be there in March! 

AhDesign
AhDesign New Reader
2/17/18 8:56 a.m.

It's probably not what you're looking for, and likely too far out of the way (as I live in Indianapolis), but I have a 1990 240 DL I bought from another GRMr (artur1808) last year (https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/you-need-this-volvo-240-turbo/130684/page1/) , and I sadly don't have enough time to put into it with a baby on the way. Other than a synthetic oil change and an alternator, I haven't done much to it since I bought it, and it's been my DD for some time. I can pm you the details if you're interested.

Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
2/17/18 4:05 p.m.

In reply to AhDesign :

Send some info! 

beardcaller
beardcaller New Reader
2/19/18 1:13 p.m.

I recommend checking the turbobricks forum for sale section. They have a find thread and lots of people sell their volvos there as well. I know a few guys in florida who might have a 240 to get rid of as well. What year/style/engine/trans were you looking for?

Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
2/19/18 2:31 p.m.

In reply to beardcaller :

I'm honestly open to anything as long as its decent.  But if I can find a late 80s early 90s auto sedan, that's what I'd prefer. I lurk on turbobricks quite often. Everything is just so dang far away. Other than my trip east next month, I really don't have ANY time because of work.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F20YDDCOIQCRcSiHnDhDE1vgxZvbtCqAIbVuy5zGhe4z8rwXNMSupNPbHHTo9Aal