914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/8/21 9:43 a.m.
Duke
Duke MegaDork
4/8/21 12:48 p.m.

Ah...... I see the seller...... is...... one of those....... asthmatic....... typers who like to.............. stick a lot of random pauses......... in the middle....... of........ their....... posts........

borf42
borf42 GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/9/21 7:37 a.m.

I like it! I agree it is a lot of cheddar, as well. As for the seller...

I am.... Captain.... James...... T. ... Kirk... Of the starship.................... Enterprise 

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/9/21 8:13 a.m.

The Buddha hood ornament is unique.

Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter)
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/9/21 9:46 a.m.

I dunno, it's a lot, but not completely outrageous for what it is.  Honestly if someone wants something like this and lacks the time, patience, skills etc. it's not that bad a deal.  It really needs some better looking wheels, at least not highlighted in yellow to complete the look though.  It makes something of this age (1920's) far more practical to use even as a weekend toy than in stock form.  Similar but far less radical, I went to a wedding a couple of years ago where the limo was a 1930's Cadillac limo with some form of 80's-90's SBC engine, trans, fuel system, hot rod style instruments and vintage air.  Short of the (unfortunately ugly Grant) steering wheel and instruments it looked great.  I'm all for these kind of builds.  Taking old but simple running gear and adding it to a much older chassis that's not in perfect restorable shape and keeping a fun vehicle alive (*).  .

(*) New running gear in old chassis completely exempts putting a small block chubby in any Jag chassis, that is a capitol offence in my book.

engiekev
engiekev HalfDork
4/9/21 10:07 a.m.
Duke said:

Ah...... I see the seller...... is...... one of those....... asthmatic....... typers who like to.............. stick a lot of random pauses......... in the middle....... of........ their....... posts........

Hey, maybe he's got a condition and you're being insensitive! angel

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
4/9/21 10:30 a.m.
Adrian_Thompson (Forum Supporter) said:

(*) New running gear in old chassis completely exempts putting a small block chubby in any Jag chassis, that is a capitol offence in my book.

That's a really cool truck. I'm not paying 18k for it, but that's cool....

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/9/21 10:46 a.m.

I don't see anything wrong with the price. 

A decent V8 conversion in a truck of that vintage would be $20-25K. More if it's nice. 

The chassis/ drivetrain  swap is just as much work (and arguably a better vehicle)

Having said that, I have what he is looking for (a Model A original survivor), and I wouldn't swap him straight up. 

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
4/9/21 12:20 p.m.

After what I have spent on getting the F2 to work for my friend, that seems like a smoking bargain if it is done and debugged.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8qXxJeo8kKY4x9glZnVzDtOiJOB4r3Rnzh8yjCP2lvq8woYu34UjxtgrHucrfI7d