yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/1/21 1:28 p.m.

Not running though. 

89 Jaguar XJS - $1,000

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/1/21 1:31 p.m.

jagsthatrun was the website for L98 swaps and other SBC stuff.

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
2/1/21 1:40 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

There is a yellow 1980 one with a 350 down in Texas for $200. But the owner isn't responding. 

yupididit
2/1/21 2:53 p.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to yupididit :

There is a yellow 1980 one with a 350 down in Texas for $200. But the owner isn't responding. 

Send me the link

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
2/1/21 3:13 p.m.

I wish I knew how. It's on the Jaguar pre HE site. 

yupididit
2/1/21 3:16 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

What is the web address to the "jaguar pre he" site. I know you know how to copy and paste crying

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
2/1/21 6:02 p.m.

I wish I knew how to copy and paste. Sure would save me a lot of typing.
My daughter and wife have shown me a few times but I forget.  hang on I'll go and see if I can find the address. 
   I'm sorry but it's on the JaguarXJS-preHE site. The originator is Andreas Schmieg  

there is a picture about 5 days ago of a Cotsworth Yellow one ( pretty Dirty though ) 

a long time back another Cotsworth Yellow one came available. It was Yellow and I thought I bought it at $1000. But he decided not to go through. It was worth the difference to me because it had a Pre HE engine ( British Specs = more horsepower ( 291 vs 262 )  and Right hand drive ) a real advantage on a road race track. 
    He recently tried to sell it again but again I offered my top dollar ($1000 ) and I guess that is too low for him.  

yupididit
2/1/21 6:48 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I think you're messing with me, there's no JaguarXJS-preHE site. How dare you crying

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/21 8:03 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

I can't believe you fell for his extended warranty, Microsoft tech support, you got a warrant out on you Jaguar scam all this time anyway.  

yupididit
2/1/21 8:19 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

I deserve the shame

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
2/1/21 8:23 p.m.
frenchyd said:

I wish I knew how to copy and paste. Sure would save me a lot of typing.

Haha oh come on.  I used my Google-fu to find this;

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/search.php?searchid=14047076

Dude's most recent post is from 2.5 years ago.  Unless there's some other Jag site (and this is clearly not some pre-HE only site).

Didn't see anything like what you're describing in their For Sale section.  Unless there's some other site, eh, whatever.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/21 8:36 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/21 9:13 p.m.

Is it possible those forums have content you can only see if you are logged in as a member?

Sometimes they seem so vacant I can't believe anyone even checks in.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/1/21 9:16 p.m.

Also, many forums are very confusing with dates. Is that the date the content was posted? Or when the member joined? Something else?

Frenchy regularly finds old threads here and posts, so it's possible the car is just long sold and the post looks like a recent for sale ad.

CJ (FS)
CJ (FS) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/1/21 9:29 p.m.
frenchyd said:

I wish I knew how. It's on the Jaguar pre HE site. 

Frenchyd, don't worry, copying an address is not hard.  This is the way I taught our teachers, but there are other ways to do it.

If you look at this page, at the top there is an address (called a URL) that looks something like this https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/...

First, go to the preHE site and open the page where the XJS ad is.  If you are using a PC, use your mouse and point at the address on the preHE site with you mouse cursor and then click your left mouse button three times quickly.  The address should then be highlighted and look something like this

Once the address is highlighted, press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard, press and release the 'c' key once on your keyboard, and then release the Ctrl key.  This copied the address into the memory of your computer. 

Now open GRM and reply to this thread.  Type something about the link you are inserting ("Here is the link to the car on the preHE site"), then press and hold the Ctrl key, then press and release the 'v' key once to paste the address into your message, and then release the Ctrl key.  

If you can build V12 Jag racing engines, this stuff is a piece of cake  smiley

Let me know if you have questions.

yupididit
2/1/21 10:53 p.m.

In reply to CJ (FS) :

Frenchy knows how to copy and paste, lol. I've been watching him do it on the Jaguar forums in the x27 section for years. He's just playing dumb right now and I'm playing along. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
2/2/21 8:13 a.m.

I'm sorry I don't unless you are talking about posting pictures. 
Please show me anyplace you think I've done so. 
Perhaps you are right. There are two buttons one is quote and the other reply.  I do use the quote button. Whenever I'm responding to something out of order.  Is that the same thing?  

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
2/2/21 8:16 a.m.

In reply to CJ (FS) :

Thank you. Maybe I do know how. if there is something on this site There is the quote button or reply button. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/2/21 10:09 a.m.

Lots of room in all the 2020 f150s around recently.  Now, we will have a way to transport all of the canoes!

yupididit said:

Not running though. 

Still faster than a non-running V-12.

(Troll out, please resume your conversation.)

CJ (FS)
2/6/21 11:41 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

There isn't any function on this site that allows you to quote something from another site using just a button. 

What I outlined above will allow you to insert a link to another forum, which will take the user to that forum when open the link and let them see the images there.  I added one thing to the instructions above to do this - I clicked the 'chain link' next to the italic formatting button and pasted the URL there and got this.

https://www.jaguarforum.com/forums/xj-s-xjs-1976-%E2%80%93-1996.39/

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
2/6/21 9:43 p.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to frenchyd :

What is the web address to the "jaguar pre he" site. I know you know how to copy and paste crying

Ah!  The Jaguar Pre HE site is on Facebook 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
2/6/21 9:48 p.m.
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) (Forum Supporter) said:
yupididit said:

Not running though. 

Still faster than a non-running V-12.

(Troll out, please resume your conversation.)

How is a non running SBC faster than a non running V12?   

CJ (FS)
2/7/21 12:26 a.m.

I think this may be the Facebook preHE group.

Jaguar preHE

yupididit
2/7/21 9:19 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Lol oh. I don't have fb

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kE6JB0J3yHqh0A78S1HZ112VTajNvg68KQGzC0IaDO50uc8RyI48FfJuMl1zjwPP