KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
10/7/20 5:54 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Wanted to post up my 2009 crown Victoria police interceptor for sale. The quick and dirty:

1. Price: $2500 (for a GRM'er)

2. 160k miles, 3900 idle hours

3. 3.27 traction lock rear end. Gets much better fuel economy than the 3.55 rear differential cars, but still has the traction lock so it is an absolute riot to drive in the winter!

4. I picked this one up from Oscoda township here in Michigan. I was a patrol car until ~120k miles for them, and then spent the last 5-6 years as a meter reader car for the township

5. Clean green title in my name, and ready for its next owner! The highlights:

6. It's a 2009, one of the last years of production

7. Both heat and A/C work 

8. Used to be a black/white car (aka Oreo), and the doors and roof were painted by the department. Not the best paint, but it cleans up ok

Other notes:

1. These make some of the best winter cars I have ever owned. Lots of ground clearance, limited slip rear differential, with snow tires they are really good and honestly a lot of fun.

2. The tires on the car are pretty decent. They are a set of Goodyear RSA's on the 17" steel wheels. Older date code, but all have 5-6 32nds tread on them

It is really a pretty clean car for having spent its life in Michigan. There is some minor rust on the top of the front wheel arches, but that is easy to fix. The front fenders on these cars are a bolt on/bolt off affair, and I have a clean black passengers side fender that will come with the car. Underside of the car is exceptionally clean for a northern car. This particular one does not have cruise control, but the nice thing about the 2006 and up cars is that they switched to an electronic throttle body, so all you have to do to enable cruise control is put in a steering wheel that has the buttons (I have one that will come with the car for the right price) and flip a DID in the PCM with IDS. I have done it on quite a few of them, it really is not difficult. Otherwise, the car runs and drives great. I have replaced the following since purchase:

1. New battery (verified alternator is charging, old battery had just lost a cell from the car sitting for a period of time)

2. Tires/wheels

3. New upper control arms in the front

4. New rear differential axle seal and bearing on the passengers side, along with new motorcraft fluid and friction modifier

5. Oil change

6. Power steering fluid flush

I have a set of snow tires that can be included for a little extra money. They are the first gen firestone winter forces. (Excellent for rallycross :) ).

These cars are an open slate as far as possibilities. I have rallycrossed a couple of them, and they can actually be somewhat competitive in stock RWD, especially on a bumpy track where all of the smaller cars have to slow down. They can be autocrossed as well, and are quite entertaining at that. They also make pretty darn comfortable cruiser cars/daily drivers.

More pics:

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
10/7/20 7:24 p.m.

Tempting...

bruceman
bruceman Reader
10/9/20 6:57 p.m.

Are these capable of towing a 2000lb race car on trailer?

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/9/20 7:48 p.m.

I would love to have one of these for daily beater duties...

...but all the slots in our little fleet are full. I just checked and I’m not allowed to sell the Focus yet.

Good luck with the sale!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
10/9/20 8:01 p.m.
bruceman said:

Are these capable of towing a 2000lb race car on trailer?

Factory reduced the tow rating about the same time they beefed up the frames and suspension components. From 3500 to 2000 pounds. If I remember correctly. I have a 03, and have not towed over 2000 with it, but it doesn't mind towing what I do throw at it. and only has the 2.73 rear. Consensus on the vic forums is that the factory rating is low, just for company liability desk polishers.

I would add a trans cooler, and brake controller, and be comfortable towing.

KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
10/9/20 10:13 p.m.

In reply to bruceman :

As 03Panther mentioned below, they can tow pretty well. Only thing that really goes against them from the towing perspective is they have a long overhang behind the rear wheels. Otherwise I'd say if you have a light aluminum trailer and a 2000 lb car, it should be able to handle it. Hitch, trailer brake controller, good trans cooler, and some smart shifting to keep it from lugging in overdrive would probably do the job just fine.

KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
10/10/20 9:17 a.m.

And it's sold locally! Thanks everyone for the interest.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bo1eODV4LDORzjUKrBdxjsljAauRzFvFwvKnQlzKaoJuApPYvY0803icZjA2n9q6