Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
4/21/15 7:58 p.m.

I bought this car off of this board last year when I needed a car NOW as my BMW was damaged in a hail storm. Since them it has been a fantastic car, never missing a beat, lots of fun as usual, and I see no reason it won't continue to be a great car. The prior owner had it checked at a Spec Miata shop, who said that it has a 4.3 torsen and that the paint meter was even across the car. I have no reason to doubt either of these things.

Here's the link from when I bought it: http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/2002-miata/85472/page1/

Since I got it I have done a few things: changed all the fluids with synthetic (Amsoil in the trans and diff, just did an oil change this past weekend), cleaned/greased the window tracks so they are fast and smooth, and fixed an exhaust leak. It hasn't needed anything else at all, it has been great.

It's always been a VA/NC car except this past year in PA, and it shows, I even was able to unbolt the exhaust when I fixed it, which is amazing to me as a northerner on a 13 year old car. The exterior has some minor dents and scratches, and a caring previous owner put touch up paint on the scratches. There is some clear coat peeling on the front bumper, but it is very hard to photograph. The interior is in overall very good shape with everything working, no broken plastic, and just some wear on the driver's seat base as is common on the 01+ cloth interiors. The top is only 3 years old and in good condition, very tight.

Mechanically, it is excellent. No issues at all. Timing belt only 27k miles ago, brakes were just a bit before that. Starts right up even in single digit cold. A/C blows cold quickly, heat is very hot. No check engine lights, current inspection.

It really has been a great car, but I'm selling off a few toys (this, 60 MGA, Suzuki SV650) to upgrade my boat and probably buy a Porsche of some variety.

There are a few options of how to buy it
Car as it sits: $5k
Hardtop, matching color defrost/insulated: $900 extra with the car, and not available separately until the car is sold.
Snow tires: nearly new Winterforces on NA 14" wheels: $200 extra.

I'm located in Birdsboro, PA, 19508, which is just northwest of Philadelphia. With the right deal made soon, I would consider delivering it to South Carolina or in between, as I'm heading for CMP for Lemons the first weekend of May.

Best contact is email: abbottcd at gmail d o t com, or you can call/text me, 508 five six six, 65 forty-five.

Here's the obligatory craigslist link: http://reading.craigslist.org/cto/4989995443.html

Moar pitchurs:

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
4/21/15 8:49 p.m.

It's the color I wanted and it has a hard top. And I have no money

Good luck with the sale. If I end up with a sudden windfall, I'll be in touch!

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
4/21/15 8:53 p.m.

Oh man my favorite NB color. Gorgeous car!

trigun7469
trigun7469 Dork
4/22/15 8:17 a.m.

My sister had a MX-6 the same color, it is very unique color.

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
4/26/15 3:42 p.m.

Bump, still available!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/26/15 5:37 p.m.

The PO apparently ate a lot of beans...

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
5/18/15 8:15 p.m.

Still here, I haven't really put any effort into selling it with being away from races, but now I'm back and would like to see the Miata go to a new home.

New CL link: http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/cto/5031830604.html

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired Reader
4/4/16 8:31 p.m.

Not a canoe... Did this sell?

Sonic
Sonic SuperDork
4/5/16 9:40 p.m.

Yes, it did.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kEEhto4RjGH9TNQeew29RtWYfqg4IXICbt3S9nGEfd31ckuKgiMocgzIv8TUubWl