Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
10/4/22 6:49 p.m.

It is time for me to make some room for a new project. This car is a 2003 BMW 325xi 135,000 miles. That's AWD for those of you that do not speak BMW. The car weighs 2330 as pictured. There is a link to the build thread below. The car is mostly stock with the following upgrades.  H&R sport springs in front, 6"x2.5" 500lb springs in the rear with height adjustable perches. Hotchkiss adjustable rear sway bar, front poly bushings, new endlinks, and lower control arms. New rotors in the spring with new hawk hp+ pads front and rear which worked well on track for the one track day I did. The car did 1:44 around Autobahn south on 9 year old azenis tires.  The car has a 9 lives wing on currently which stays dependent on price.

I drive this car on the street a lot.  it has lights, signals etc, no horn only because it was connected to the bumper, and I never cared enough to put a new one on. The first question people ask is how often I get messed with.  The answer is never. I have put about 5k miles on it and have never been pulled over. This car does get tons of attention, so expect that.

$3000 as pictured, or $1500 without wing/seats/belts. I will include the bimmerworld universal billett seat adapters, so you can drop in any seat very easily.

Also interested in trades for a stock or stockish b spec car

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/das-kart-a-build-diary-of-a-cheap-sportscar/183845/page1/

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/4/22 11:16 p.m.

Dang how did I not see this before? Even the build thread. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
10/4/22 11:28 p.m.

Is the wheelbase still stock or did you shorten it?

P3PPY
P3PPY GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/5/22 6:27 a.m.

With some plywood and spray paint this would fulfill my desire to have a 2 seater BMW winter car... you don't happen to want a Michigan Saabaru with 260k miles, do you?

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
10/5/22 6:33 a.m.

Cool, enjoy as is or us it as a cheap drivetrain for a hat car.  325 of that vintage is 190-200 hp correct?

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
10/5/22 7:33 a.m.
akylekoz said:

Cool, enjoy as is or us it as a cheap drivetrain for a hat car.  325 of that vintage is 190-200 hp correct?

Yes, I think it's rated about 195 from factory.

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
10/5/22 7:33 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Is the wheelbase still stock or did you shorten it?

still stock.

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
10/5/22 7:34 a.m.
P3PPY said:

With some plywood and spray paint this would fulfill my desire to have a 2 seater BMW winter car... you don't happen to want a Michigan Saabaru with 260k miles, do you?

I have too many cars, and I want to build a b spec car so no saabarus right now.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
10/5/22 8:07 a.m.

I like that

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
10/5/22 8:36 a.m.

Drool........I love karts.

mikeonabikesmith
mikeonabikesmith New Reader
10/5/22 9:03 a.m.

This would be such hilarious fun at ice racing. I really do not want to drive it back to CO from wherever you are in Illinois, but roughly where in Illinois are you?

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
10/5/22 9:33 a.m.

Im in chicagoland, and I do have a trailer.  I am willing to tow it to meet up with a buyer, but at the buyers expense.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
10/5/22 9:54 a.m.

Why so close?

Killing me.

Street legal?

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
10/5/22 9:59 a.m.

It's street legal as far as I am concerned.  I have never been pulled over, and it has not been tested in court.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
10/5/22 10:06 a.m.

Anybody want me to drive this to the challenge for them? I'd only charge the fact that I'd drive it at the challenge and the track day after.

10/5/22 10:48 a.m.

Do it!!!!!!!  You may be able to find a way to unload it after the challenge...cough cough.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
10/5/22 10:58 a.m.

Your cage build alone makes this a great value. This is sorely tempting. 

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
10/5/22 11:23 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

That is a great plan!

Racebrick
Racebrick Reader
10/5/22 11:55 a.m.

Car is sold.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/5/22 12:03 p.m.

YAY I didn't buy this!  I'm so proud of me!

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
10/5/22 7:34 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:
Anybody want me to drive this to the challenge for them? I'd only charge the fact that I'd drive it at the challenge and the track day after.

Good thing it sold... I'd have wanted the without seats price! Coulda gotten interesting for ya cheeky

10/6/22 6:08 a.m.

I know where it's going...not to me...at least for now...and it's hella sweet! 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
03XbgyeB23hKNzVYnlJMqAcONvoy676f8sLMBsHiyA3HSX92JE8fzvOaPcG8ZWHb