dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/4/19 1:40 p.m.

I think I am going to sell my 2006 4Runner with ~107k miles. I have owned the car for 6 or 7 years now (iirc) and put ~40k miles on it. It was my wife's daily driver until we got her an i3. Now I drive it, but work from home so it sees virtually no miles. 

What's a reasonable price? 

Good:
Limited edition (JBL stereo, better wheels, trim, heated seats, sunroof, etc)
V8, RWD
Brakes redone last year
New Bilstein suspension
Michelin tires with lots of life left
All routine maintenance performed along the way
Perfect mechanical condition

Bad:
Car was sold new in West Palm Beach, FL and must have sat outside it's entire life (until me - I'm the 3rd owner). Paint on the roof and the painted trim is tired
The OEM headlights were trashed so I replaced them with aftermarket units. They look better but the lenses are starting to lose their clear coating

Thoughts?

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/4/19 2:27 p.m.

KBB is $8502.   

Ask $8300 OBO and take $7500-$8100. 

how much do want to get out of it?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/4/19 2:56 p.m.

Ohh man.. if this was 4x4.. I'd be all over it..  

dyintorace
10/4/19 2:59 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

Ohh man.. if this was 4x4.. I'd be all over it..  

That's the kicker. I am perfectly fine with 2wd but realize that most folks want 4x4 capability - especially with the populatrity of overland builds these days.

dyintorace
10/4/19 2:59 p.m.
Datsun310Guy said:

KBB is $8502.   

Ask $8300 OBO and take $7500-$8100. 

how much do want to get out of it?

I'd love $9k, but am not sure it could pull that.

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/4/19 3:04 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

I had a 2wd rental 4runner once and drive it from Minneapolis to Cedar rapids in a snow and ice storm.  I'm fine with it, but  2wd SUV's, unless setup for towing, don't have value here.

dyintorace
10/4/19 3:13 p.m.
Fueled by Caffeine said:

In reply to dyintorace :

I had a 2wd rental 4runner once and drive it from Minneapolis to Cedar rapids in a snow and ice storm.  I'm fine with it, but  2wd SUV's, unless setup for towing, don't have value here.

It definitely limits their appeal. Interestingly, in the 4th generation (mine), the 2wd V8 model has a slightly higher capacity rating than the 4wd. The 2wd is rated to 7300 while the 4x4 is rated to 7000. 

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
10/7/19 7:24 a.m.

I think it’s worth $2500.  Do you take PayPal?  

dyintorace
10/7/19 8:03 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

I think it’s worth $2500.  Do you take PayPal?  

Payment 1 of 4 and you've got a deal! I won't even charge finacing! cheeky

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
10/8/19 6:58 a.m.

I miss my 04 Suburban 2wd. I drove it in the semi snowy climes of South-Eastern MA for the better part of 6 years. On bald tires over the last couple. V8 RWD Toyota SUV is right in my wheelhouse. It's like getting the cooler dad version of my 06 Sienna. However I don't have the funds for such a purchase. Heck it's even the same color as my Sienna. I bet the interior controls look and feel the same. I could offer you an unfinished engine replacement project Mitsubishi Montero, and currently $37.16 that I have in my pocket. I assume this will probably be a pretty solid offer, compared to the ones you'll receive from CL. I await your answer. LOL!! GLWS

Edit: Has the timing belt, and water pump been replaced? At 107k I think that should've been done by now. My in-laws moved to nearby Dunnellon,FL about 10 months ago. I need to figure out some way to fund this.

dyintorace
10/11/19 3:26 p.m.
Mazdax605 said:

I miss my 04 Suburban 2wd. I drove it in the semi snowy climes of South-Eastern MA for the better part of 6 years. On bald tires over the last couple. V8 RWD Toyota SUV is right in my wheelhouse. It's like getting the cooler dad version of my 06 Sienna. However I don't have the funds for such a purchase. Heck it's even the same color as my Sienna. I bet the interior controls look and feel the same. I could offer you an unfinished engine replacement project Mitsubishi Montero, and currently $37.16 that I have in my pocket. I assume this will probably be a pretty solid offer, compared to the ones you'll receive from CL. I await your answer. LOL!! GLWS

Edit: Has the timing belt, and water pump been replaced? At 107k I think that should've been done by now. My in-laws moved to nearby Dunnellon,FL about 10 months ago. I need to figure out some way to fund this.

No timing belt as of yet. Would love to figure out a deal for you. I'm flexible on approach.

Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
10/11/19 3:58 p.m.

PM sent

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
10/15/19 10:26 a.m.
dyintorace said:
Mazdax605 said:

No timing belt as of yet. Would love to figure out a deal for you. I'm flexible on approach.

Do you know the factory recommended interval for the timing belt? On my Sienna it is 90k miles I believe.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aAQcYnkegq1G5MQNI7WQYkRRezWaThywIhCyd8N3t9TwnWhFJ5QBReEeyWuPYNeO