turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/28/13 3:34 p.m.

http://bend.craigslist.org/cto/4031742453.html

This is a very original 1970 Porsche 914. It's an early year 1970 with an early ECU. Currently is original paint except the front and rear bumpers which were repainted by the previous owner. Engine was rebuilt around 15,000 miles ago by original owner. Previous owner put close to 1000 miles on it and I put around 5,000 as well. Engine runs great and drives great.

The car is a non-appearance group L60E paint color and the only option on this car was the factory stereo which is still in the car and still works (and works well, I might add).

The car was toured with by the original owner, I did not have the heart to remove the stickers from the car's adventures and they are still there. It's a fun car with a fun story and a neat history to it. You will be hard pressed to find an original 914 survivor in this kind of shape. This would be great for a collector, or perhaps someone who doesn't want to spend the bank on a 911 but wants a Porsche that is a time machine that handles well and looks great!

Asking $10k - 541-788-0776 - cash only, no joyrides. Ask for Derek

Maintenance so far during my ownership:

• tune up (plugs, wires, cap, rotor, points)
  • Set dwell and timing
  • Replaced injector seals in the last 2 months
  • fuel filter in the last 5 years
  • New front passenger side caliper
  • New brake lines in the last 5 years
  • New master cylinder in the last 4 years (replaced with 911 master cylinder)
  • Vacuum lines replaced
  • Flexible fuel lines replaced in the last 4 years
  • Refreshed all the fuses
  • Repaired and replaced ignition wiring harness
  • Oil consumption is excellent

Extra parts: - Has an entire box full of extra parts, along with an extra set of heat exchangers. Previous owner tried to swap them to stainless, but only swapped one of them. The other SS exchanger had a bend where the bolt would fit up, never got around to welding it, so it's just sitting on a shelf as a spare. - Extra parts in the box include the original master cyl core, various sensors, seals and other random parts. Also has an extra ECU temp sender (bought it, tested the old one, didn't need to replace it)

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/28/13 3:44 p.m.

That's nice, but it's getting into 911 territory.

WWGRMD?

http://nwct.craigslist.org/cto/3952627428.html

Porsche 911 - $8000 (Simsbury) This is a 1977 911 Targa. The 2.7 liter engine is not matching and is out of the car. Rebuild of the engine was started and the case is completely together. The heads, cam towers, rods have all been machined and rebuilt. The Pistons are from an S model and are being used so the engine can be changed over to carburetors. I also have the correct cams for this set up. The only thing missing are the carburetors. The transmission is 5 speed automatic 901, which is also out of the car. The body is solid and interior is in good condition, will need a few finishing touches. Most parts were sourced through Automobile Associates along with machine work...not to mention a lot of advice. The wheels in the picture have been replaced with Fuchs. Just don't have the time to finish with two active teenagers and a busy work schedule. I'm firm on the price and would appreciate only serious inquiries. I also have a few extra parts. You can contact Eric at 860.480.4003

turboswede
turboswede GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/28/13 3:50 p.m.

Hmm, a running, driving car in decent shape with some interesting history (look at the stickers from its travels through Central America).

Or a 911 with potentially enough parts to put it together with that lovely 2.7L flat 6.

Personally? I wouldn't buy either since I don't really like them. I'd rather buy an X-1/9 or a 968 Cabriolet.

However since I know the guy selling these (he's a GRM'er, CorsePerVita), I thought I'd toss them up here in case anyone was interested.

Spinout007
Spinout007 GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/29/13 8:08 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

DAMN YOU WOODY! How do you find the cheap 911's? Dang, just when I thought the urge for a "cheap" p car had gotten out of my system.

glueguy
glueguy GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/29/13 10:22 p.m.

This epitomizes why I love cars. If I had all of the money and all of the space in the world I would own a bazillion cars, but what entertainment to open links like this and just enjoy a slice of pure automotive goodness.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/30/13 10:52 a.m.
Woody wrote: WWGRMD?

clean 914 or basket case targa? 914 every time there.....

Spinout007
8/30/13 11:17 a.m.

Dunno man, 911's make awesome soundtracks to a drive.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
8/30/13 12:13 p.m.

Parts for a 914 are cheaper.

yamaha
yamaha PowerDork
8/30/13 2:18 p.m.
Spinout007 wrote: Dunno man, 911's make awesome soundtracks to a drive.

Its based on my own, and several PCA friends who HATE the targa's, and the 914s parts are cheaper......

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/30/13 2:41 p.m.

I own a coupe and used to hate Targas, but I miss the Dirty 911. They are nice little things to drive around in.

Spinout007
8/30/13 5:28 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

I keep hoping against hope the current owner is gonna call me one day and ask me to take it off his hands

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ShJViT4BKB2h32ad1vXQUWcJ7s0nOLCjemOWK02vtyto4Pf3eb64vYdbyZyXECGP