TAC_Rx
TAC_Rx New Reader
1/25/20 12:32 p.m.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/478247736447060/

This looks like something someone around here needs. I wish I had the skills/space to make an offer on it. 

Xradchadx
Xradchadx New Reader
1/25/20 6:54 p.m.

That's probably a $5k car on thesamba. 

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/25/20 8:07 p.m.

Dad's got a squareback he wants/needs to get rid of.

rustyvw
rustyvw GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/25/20 8:17 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Details please.  

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/25/20 8:22 p.m.

In reply to rustyvw :

Gadsden County, Florida.  Below is what Dad put in the last ad he put up.  I'm not sure what he was looking to get for it

----------------------------------------------

1969 Squareback. I bought it in the early 1980s from a junkyard, without an engine. Never got it restored. Now it's in my way.

It has been under one roof or another since then. At the same time, I bought a Fastback of the same vintage with a running engine, drove it home, had the engine rebuilt, scrapped the fastback (it was pretty beat-up). Rebuilt engine is on a stand in my shop, has never been installed or run. I filled the crankcase and squirted oil into the cylinders; every so often I rotate the mainshaft.

Body condition: rough, but 95% original, very restorable. Left front and right rear fenders have been repainted, badly. Rest of the body has original paint. The only penetrating rust is in the driver's side front fender. The floor pan has light surface rust, but no rust holes. It was rear-ended under a previous owner; I took the panel under the rear hatch out of the fastback, to install in the squareback. Also saved the driver's door from the fastback, and three rims.

Bumpers have no rust through the chrome, lightly rusted on the inside. Rear bumper undented, only one small dent on the front bumper.

Roof rack is not original to the car, has never been mounted.

Pretty much all original vinyl in the interior has turned brittle and is cracked.

Wiring and electrics have not been messed with.

Have the original injectors, engine tin, all ancillary systems.

Have the title.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
1/25/20 9:00 p.m.

you forgot to post this interesting Front wheel drive ford motorhome to tow the VW with.....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2591293770963990/

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MKRVPl6NQvH0X8ZlPXIZAsMxL61RqykdRt9hg5hZpOiHtk8DCv8S7VorC3Z7bQGZ