84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/29/21 7:11 a.m.

Posting so others check this out, vs me.  I'm a mile away if anyone wants eyes laid on it.

Beechmont toyota site

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/29/21 9:19 a.m.

I know it's wrong, but maybe one of us should go down there and take it on a really short test drive so it doesn't have a chance to warm up, then the other can try to test drive it, and if it's flooded, see if we can negotiate a decent price.

Of course, part of this attitude is because they tried to charge me over MSRP on parts I could get just as quickly online.

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
1/29/21 9:23 a.m.

LOL I love the way you think sir.  I bet they got into it in the mid teens.  The forums already identified the 70+ former owner that loved it since new.  Apparently a cream puff.  Love that green over caramel interior.  Great miles as well.  

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
1/31/21 11:11 a.m.

When I see this, I think of the prices that Integra Type Rs and E30 M3s are fetching these days. And this car performs at a much higher level.

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
1/31/21 11:21 a.m.

This car was one of my dream cars when I was in high school and college. Had the poster on my wall and everything. Still looking for the right opportunity to own one some day.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim PowerDork
1/31/21 11:40 a.m.
CyberEric said:

When I see this, I think of the prices that Integra Type Rs and E30 M3s are fetching these days. And this car performs at a much higher level.

Looks like 5300 E30 M3s were sold in the US, a little over 5000 ITRs, and almost 14000 RX7s were sold, so they weren't as rare at release.  They are somewhat more "delicate", too, so I suspect that is tamping down demand a bit.  However, considering they are already climbing in value rapidly, they're going to be out of reach for me soon.  I seem to recall they kind of bottomed out at $5K for one with a blown engine, and I don't know if I ever saw an intact one cheaper than that.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
2/2/21 11:52 a.m.

Wow, didn't know that many more FDs were sold as compared to the other two!

In my mind they are as rare or rarer than the E30. Obviously this is a small sample size, but I've seen at least one ITR and E30 M3 in the past year. It's been a long time since I've seen an FD in the flesh. Anyway, yeah, I think they are out of my range now. Probably for the best given how much care they need.

mr2peak
mr2peak GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/18/21 3:44 p.m.

FD doesn't have the race heritage the E30 M3 and others have. Time attack, yeah, it rules with the EVO and now GT/FZ/BRZ86

E30 overall sold 2M+. Convertibles, 4 door, coupes, lots of Tech2 cars. Only rare are the Mtech convertibles, the coupes (mtech more rare), and M3's are rare (but 17,000+). USA got the best of the best for the average car, best options, 4 wheels discs, etc.

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
3/18/21 4:21 p.m.

Love these but like most great cars I have miss the boat on the price. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
329LYwNDcBrdb2ASUkrau5PtjPmtZyxdj06gisXlIcukEUAWgYa8ndiv2lJYh3ik