RossD
RossD PowerDork
7/28/15 1:05 p.m.
Craigslist Ad said:

This is a vintage, original non-reproduction complete Devin body that has been hanging in the rafters for almost 20yrs. I had hoped to build this car with a smallblock Chevrolet engine and early Corvette chassis, but I am never going to get to this project.

This is the largest of the Devin bodies built by Bill Devin except for the ultra-rare SS body. The body is 61in. wide. The overall length is 150in. The approximate wheelbase when built would be 94in.

The body was cut at the rocker panels near the dash/cowl I assume for ease of storing, handling and fitting to chassis. The body back panel behind the seat area was cut out, but is included and would simply need to be glassed back in. The body would need some normal fiberglass work and working of the gel coat.

Please email or call with any questions........NO TEXTS. Thanks

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/28/15 1:08 p.m.

BUY THAT! BUY THAT! BUY THAT!

The last unbuilt original Devin body that I saw sold on eBay for something like twelve grand a couple of years ago. At the time, I thought that was a bargain.

markwemple
markwemple Dork
7/28/15 1:38 p.m.

Yeah, but how much for the frame, drivetrain, seats, etc???

Woody
7/28/15 1:39 p.m.

Worry about that later.

johndej
johndej Reader
7/28/15 1:43 p.m.

looks like it was a no sale at ~$1000 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Devin-Fiberglass-Body-Complete-Kellison-LaDawri-Cheetah-Glasspar-Victress-/231620727414?hash=item35edabd276&vxp=mtr

Woody
7/28/15 1:58 p.m.
johndej wrote: looks like it was a no sale at ~$1000 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Devin-Fiberglass-Body-Complete-Kellison-LaDawri-Cheetah-Glasspar-Victress-/231620727414?hash=item35edabd276&vxp=mtr

That's shocking to me. I think he might be holding back on some details. I search for Devins fairly regularly and I'm surprised that I missed it on eBay. If that is in fact a real Devin body, he should get it on Bring A Trailer.

RossD
RossD PowerDork
7/28/15 2:05 p.m.

In reply to Woody:

Why don't you drive to Wisconsin and pick it up? It's only a 15 hour drive. One way.

Woody
7/28/15 3:18 p.m.

In reply to RossD:

About ten years ago, I sold a Locost frame to a guy from Iowa. He drove 11 hours to Connecticut, loaded it up and pointed the truck back towards Iowa with the intention of making it home in the same day. That didn't happen, but he made it all the way to Ohio before they had to stop and get some sleep at a motel.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
veQRgQSprFGbBnIaWOMp3RWrD13e2sipY1rHbuV5H18jEsiHOfrLSypTRAR0ZpcV