slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/19/19 12:13 p.m.
Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/19 12:15 p.m.

I haven't seen one of those cars in years. And I'm okay with that.

captdownshift
captdownshift GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
6/19/19 7:17 p.m.

One of these years I'm going to find a turbo scoupe.

Bobzilla needs to challenge this. 

captdownshift
6/19/19 7:30 p.m.

A 14.xx scoupe

In case Bob needs motivation. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
6/19/19 7:48 p.m.

Poop SCoupe?

Sorry that's all I got.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/19 7:51 p.m.

I had a guitarist in the band back in the mid-90’s who had a Scoupe & was a full-time pizza delivery guy. He’d ripped out all the seats, except the driver’s seat & would have to put it back in if he ever needed to take a passenger somewhere. I’m not sure I’ve seen another one since then. 

cdeforrest
cdeforrest New Reader
6/19/19 10:37 p.m.

“Ew. No.”

life is too short for that kind of mediocrity 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
6/19/19 11:41 p.m.

In reply to cdeforrest :

To be fare, there are Ford Tempo enthusiasts.

captdownshift
6/20/19 5:48 a.m.

I'm disappointed by the lack of enthusiasm about this. They weighed less than 2200lb and handling suffered due to over dampened struts, with not enough rebound and too high of a spring rate from the factory making them overly firm and jittery to drive. Cheap soft OE replacement struts from RockAuto or similar, DIY camber plate, proper rubber would give it the potential to be a serviceable autocross oddity. A local guy has a 1.5l accent that he added boost to, did suspension work and became wildly successful in rallycross utilizing that very similar platform. 

slowbird
slowbird New Reader
6/20/19 7:31 a.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

I'm a Ford Tempo enthusiast! (Seriously, I keep searching for one with the V6 and manual transmission)

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/20/19 10:34 a.m.

You really want a 92-up car. The early Scoupes had a E36 M3 engine. The later used the hyundai Alpha. Sure, the car is crap. Sure, there are no parts left for them. Sure they rusted so fast most are dust now. Wait... where was I going with this? Oh, yeah, they're still crap. 

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
6/20/19 10:37 a.m.

The rear view made me think Ford Probe. I never thought about that - is this Hyundai's answer to the Probe?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/20/19 12:00 p.m.

In reply to dculberson :

it was their response to the civic coupe. This is just an Excel, lengthened a little with two doors and a trunk. 

Scottah
Scottah Dork
6/21/19 6:22 a.m.

I don’t what’s worse, owning this car or living in Brookline. I can’t imagine both. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vQOOc5uLuSg0mtvoQNZeSjDbBnOBvseBSmBUJ3mtSb8mOyVHzYWhh0AV74l5961H