classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
11/12/21 11:37 a.m.

https://www.iaai.com/vehicledetails/42124216?RowNumber=1

High miles at 218K and maybe not the best maintained (judging only by the "modifications"), but still a nice donor for something?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/12/21 1:10 p.m.

wow, it is interesting for sure. anyone know if you have to be a dealer in OH? Is the buy it now price real? (or how much in fees should one expect to pay on top of that?)

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/12/21 1:23 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Yes, in Ohio this is available to "Public" buyers meaning you do not have to be a dealer and do not need a broker.  You do however have to pay a $200 annual fee just to be able to even place a bid.  I would but I let my annual membership lapse during Covid-early-days.

$925 is $1308 after fees.  

Both dashboard air bags went off but there seems to be a-pillar bags that didnt do off.  There was then certainly some front bumper bar rearward movement but the a-pillars would be triggered by side movement which there was none.  

It could just be the angle, but I think the driver's side front tire has been moved back.  Could be nothing more than control arm bent but budget for a little more suspension rebuild on that side.  

In engine picture, the alt with tag looks shinny and new. 

These guys in south Metro Detroit (Brownstown) have: 

$300 Front bumper assembly
$125 fenders, each, might only need one.
$200 hood, but hood might be good.
all in what appears to be the right color.  There is probably a bulk purchase discount to be had.

ZOIKS! the same place wants $250 PER Headlamp!  Xenon

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
11/12/21 2:44 p.m.

Yeah, it would be for an engine donor, not a flip. But missing expensive headlights means it's less valuable to a competing bidder who is planning to flip.

I also see the wheel bent back. Hard to tell what else was hit underneath. Might have radiator or oil pan damage which makes the engine donor part sketchy.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/12/21 6:19 p.m.

I put that Acura in my IAA watchlist and the site just sent me a notice that the Acura has sold.  

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
11/12/21 6:23 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Well it wasn't me!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
B86K1JxMqabzSQX0fkOK6ohpcW7FkC3zbc9q4sRGsmioeLuujPm7BhaETGEUbOLo