1 2 3
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/19/19 9:57 a.m.

If I were in Texas I'd go pick it up today even though I'm not the right person to hold it. I'm likely to be busy with Gastropod stuff at the Challenge, but I have my vinyl cutter ans LOTS of vinyl that I can contribute. I'm in for what I can be in for. What I see the need for now is a project manager. Who is up for that?

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/19/19 10:17 a.m.

In reply to minivan_racer :

I sent you a PM with my#, it might be easier to talk though things if you have the time. 

Pete Gossett
6/19/19 10:19 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

I’ll certainly do whatever I can, but I think whoever ends up with the car will need to coordinate any pre-Challenge work.

Unfortunately I don’t have a ready way to haul it or room to keep it.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/19/19 10:20 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

If I were in Texas I'd go pick it up today even though I'm not the right person to hold it. I'm likely to be busy with Gastropod stuff at the Challenge, but I have my vinyl cutter ans LOTS of vinyl that I can contribute. I'm in for what I can be in for. What I see the need for now is a project manager. Who is up for that?

I think I'm burnt out on project managing for a year or two. No idea how Jeremy did it multiple years in a row.

Minivan racer still looks interested in buying outright? Perhaps we shouldn't trump that unless he wants to project manage the build.

Also, another thought is that we should use some parts from spinout's collection if possible.

Pete Gossett
6/19/19 11:18 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

That’s a great idea!

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
6/19/19 12:18 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I'd be down to do a parking lot build if I can figure out logistics.  Sometimes it's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission right?

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/19/19 12:50 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Do I need to brush off the pencils?

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/19/19 1:11 p.m.

if I Had an Idea of what the next couple weeks will be like, It would already be on the way here,  if i can get it after the funural i will .

If Someone decides to buy it Let me know if you need stuff.

i See it Now;  Bolus and Snopes Racing.    WORLD TOUR

Coming to an Event Near You!

T-shirts and all.

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/19/19 1:19 p.m.
Mndsm said:
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Do I need to brush off the pencils?

Talk to Pete , if no on has commited yet, you can have the job.  Unless you are Talking " I " not being 'it' being in Tejus

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/19/19 2:27 p.m.

Nah, I'm into it. I did south atlantas last year and I've done Seth's stuff before and the whole grocery life thing. It's what I do. 

mazdeuce - Seth
6/19/19 2:33 p.m.

And I have Bolus & Snopes gear at home, but a shirt and a coozie that I can copy to make up next generation shirts. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
6/19/19 2:41 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

And I have Bolus & Snopes gear at home, but a shirt and a coozie that I can copy to make up next generation shirts. 

I'd like to buy a few of these shirts.  ( I know in the past you've never taken our money for shirts, but perhaps Jim had a specific charity you could direct the funds to).  I still enjoy the Ferdinand / ttwo shirt and wear it often.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/19/19 5:25 p.m.

Wel, I'll put it like this. If someone wants a B&S Worldwide logo done, let me know. I have time. 

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
6/19/19 6:00 p.m.

I have a B&S shirt we can use to re-create the logo. 

mazdeuce - Seth
6/19/19 6:37 p.m.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
6/20/19 12:05 p.m.

I'm in for a commemorative shirt for sure. If I happen to make it to the big dance, I'm also down for throwing wrenches in a parking lot. 

The koozie is probably simple Cooper Bold font, if someone is recreating.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
6/20/19 12:28 p.m.
ultraclyde said:

I'm in for a commemorative shirt for sure. If I happen to make it to the big dance, I'm also down for throwing wrenches in a parking lot. 

The koozie is probably simple Cooper Bold font, if someone is recreating.

If I do it, itll be a full custom job. No cut and paste here!

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/21/19 7:38 p.m.

SOOOO,

anyone in the atlanta Area want to Help. 

If the stars Align she'll be mine,     We'll make Her go, We'll Make the show,

I think I have Everything but some white Paint. And a Lot of help before The Show . 

of Course this is If jim's Girlfriend Robin is O K with it, 

there is no title so 'Ownership' will Be Everyone that wants to help and I really am Talking sending Her ALL around . Patrick you May see her Sooner than you Expected,  i Want her seen at as Many Different Venues as we Can , auto crosses Grid life Fastest street car( it's Not) someone Can take her on a 1 Lap of America, OR The Cannonball Baker Sea to Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash / don't know if they still do that one but I Believe Jim would Do That.    Around The World in, Well, a bunch of day's.

Whose in? 

minivan_racer
minivan_racer UberDork
6/21/19 9:27 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

I got your message, but I'm getting ready for vacation right now.  I'll take you up on your offer, your plan is much better than mine was for the car.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/22/19 5:19 a.m.

Apologies GTXVette, I'm going to take some liberties in editing your post, so I can make responses... 

GTXVette said:

there is no title so 'Ownership' will Be Everyone that wants to help

I want her seen at as Many Different Venues as we Can:
  - auto crosses
  - Grid.Life
  - [Optima] Fastest street car( it's Not)
  - 1 Lap of America
  - The Cannonball Baker Sea to Shining Sea Memorial Trophy Dash (don't know if they still do that one, but I Believe Jim would Do That)
  - Around The World in, Well, a bunch of day's.

Whose in? 

So, "they" as in the Yates, don't do the 'Cannonball Run' anymore... OneLap replaced it.  However, the nearest events to the original are the 2904, and the C2C Express, AFAIK.  Those events aren't really my, thing... and I don't know if GRM really wants to be associated with them.  But, they're out there.

The lack of title would probably preclude running OneLap, because the car needs to be plated/insured for the road to do OneLap; or will at least until that's sorted out by someone.  I'm not sure, but I think Optima might have a similar stipulation, as would the "Around the World" deal, AFAIK.

All that being said, I'd be down for taking it to OneLap, but I've got a ride 'in the works' for 2020.

Grid.Life seems do-able, and they come down to Road Atlanta... I reckon you could probably run it in the 'Street Class', maybe?  Dunno what your driver's resume looks like GTX... I know you've done some racing in the past, iirc?

Otherwise, I'm not sure I can be of much more than 'moral support'.

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/22/19 8:32 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

You Cleaned that up nicely thanks.

My Daughter Teach's High School English,   I Spent my Life Emulating Those Around me and sound like a 'Hick'. Lol

Moral support goes a Very Long Way Thank you again.   It Needs to be venues that Get print in GRM Or where people can say I Knew Jim.

last race i Drove was 30+ years ago, i won the Champinship Race in a Sportsman Class at Senoia,  Havn't Driven since then though. 

They film Walking dead There now.

as Long as there are no legal issues i can tag It

JohnInKansas
JohnInKansas SuperDork
6/22/19 9:08 a.m.

If someone can confirm it has a VIN plate and that it hasn't been reported stolen in its decidedly murky past, lost title paperwork isn't terribly painful in a few states, including Kansas.

Kansas is a pretty long drive for wrenching assistance, but if I can help get it "legal", I absolutely will.

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/22/19 1:46 p.m.

I Know the car came From another Atty. friend of Jims , It's Legal, 25 years old does not require a Title in Georgia just a Bill of Sale.      BUT, Tags Tax's and Title can be another Couple hundred but They are Good listeners at the Tag office,

Also why You Don't Tag Challenge Cars.

when I was Young the Kanas area always seemed to have lots of SCCA type action, You Want it handed off next summer for a Couple shows then,  Once I have it here we Can All attempt a ..... what do they call the Kids that follow Rock bands from place To Place, Caravan becomes Carnival  pretty Easy.  

my pledge to B&S;

Anything worth doing is worth Doing in Excess

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/22/19 1:57 p.m.

I was thinking find an event series that can be loosely followed and when the car is in that area make other events in that time and area

It does seem shows around here come in bunch's, and then Nothing for 4-5 months then again,

Car can be sent to and left with a Group or someone wanting the Responsability Lol,   Make a Show and Pass her Off or send Her Home

I have any Major parts needed But check the Air Please

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/24/19 7:21 p.m.

as best as I Know today It's on ,  I've some stuff to deal with yet but ....Life ya Know .    Little Victory's

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PrmdZunRfix77QoPOEyAIdII4C09lzb5WbggkP7YgDW0ZwI3jmteegqHJKYbU888