I know you're trying to purge projects, but this oddball is pretty much in your backyard. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/21 7:24 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

You trying to say 03Panther is odd?

RossD
RossD MegaDork
5/9/21 7:54 a.m.

is that rare enough that it needs a proper restoration? 

In reply to RossD :

A friend did a bit of sleuthing & found it listed multiple places, including one for $3900 & another for best-offer. I'm thinking oldest Challenge car?

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/9/21 8:26 a.m.

With the lack of a proper grill, that screams retro-mod EV to me.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) :

That thought crossed my mind too!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
5/9/21 12:00 p.m.

I refuse to join bookface, and it won't let me see this one. I recognise it as Renault. How complete is it?

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
5/9/21 1:19 p.m.

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Quoted from the ad........

"1919 Renault Torpedo

Rarely do you see these on the market!

Recently acquired from its long term owner,This Renault was a running driving car up until 10 years ago when the prior owner started to disassemble the car.It is believed to be nearly 100% complete

It will obviously need a full restorationIt appears the frame and suspension have already had work completed on it

The engine turn over by hand and appears to be original.

The tip frame is present as well as other major parts. Pretty sure the title is clean and we have,

It’s inside the big rig I bought this in Texas last year don’t ask the collection of cars we have is interesting

I want 5500 or best offer located in Dothan Alabama

Note what’s above is all I know about this car. We had plans to put a sr20det and madness but covid happened so this is one of those things we are not attached too"

In reply to TurnerX19 :

Here’s another site it's listed on, but there's no additional details than what Warren copy/pasted. There's a few more pics though. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/9/21 5:12 p.m.

Sorry it took me a while to see this! I would drop that on a Dakota chassis I have in a heartbeat! But unless they would trade about 5 parts cars that even the oddballs round here don't want, I won't be getting the chance to. 
You were entirely correct that I'd love it!

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/9/21 5:13 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to RossD :

A friend did a bit of sleuthing & found it listed multiple places, including one for $3900 & another for best-offer. I'm thinking oldest Challenge car?

Just saw that ; makes him right negotiable. Now you may have gotten me in trouble!

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/9/21 5:15 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) :

Had not crossed my mind till ya said it, any my funds( or lack there in) would not allow it, but would be wicked cool!

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/9/21 5:18 p.m.

In reply to RossD :

That (if I could afford it at all) would be my only treason to not turn it into a jalopy (I hat the word rat rod - I would never intentionally tack ugly stuff on something just "impress?" People. )

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/9/21 5:21 p.m.
Stampie said:

You trying to say 03Panther is odd?

Why yes, yes he is! He knows I take that as a compliment!

Heck, if anybody here ain't figured out I'm one odd duck, they ain't been payin' attention cheeky

I mean, I even like you a lot!

In reply to 03Panther :

The 3rd add I saw listed for the car is $1 and said make an offer. I'm thinking it could be had for $2k or possibly half that, if you can sell the story of how you want it to be the first 100+ year old Challenge car!

Edit: Could you imagine lining up against Stampie's T in this Renault?!?!!

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/9/21 6:11 p.m.

Only if he wants to lose.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/9/21 8:49 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I already know that if I ever get any car there, i'll be hard to beat, for slowest car! I could prolly win that over Shaun's mustang!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6krR2h2miiBMzRrFPrJw67pPyceYur1Qi1N3VmNP77qBIa4rSQMBMjSyYnIf65I9