1 2
jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/8/21 8:02 p.m.

There are three folks that seem seriously interested...in an attempt to be transparent (and possibly to sabotage my own deal) I created an exhaustive list of every quirk and issue I can think of. 
I am indeed going to miss this thing if the deal goes down. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/8/21 9:18 p.m.

My wife laughs at me - claims I try to talk people OUT of buying my stuff! I just want to let them know every minor (and Major for that matter!) thing wrong. So they will know what they are dealing with.

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/9/21 4:52 a.m.
03Panther said:

My wife laughs at me - claims I try to talk people OUT of buying my stuff! I just want to let them know every minor (and Major for that matter!) thing wrong. So they will know what they are dealing with.

Exactly!

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/13/21 5:27 a.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) :

It's starting to look like I'm keeping it. I've had a quite a few people from the Wanderlodge site email me for information, they agree the price is fair then drift away.  I created a list of every "issue" I can think of, from stain on the carpet to one dented roof horn. At least it is easy to send this link for pics and the doc for details. 
it isn't going to kill me to keep this. I'm starting to share your mindset. My biggest issue keeping it is storage...I'm in the country so parking it outside is not a problem, but to keep it indoors, I store it in my sons building. 
maybe I need to build a bigger shop?

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/13/21 10:46 p.m.

I think the coaches that sell on WOG are owned by long time members and friends of Randy and his group. There is a huge community push to get those ones sold which looks good to new members looking. But if you are not in that group then you get crickets as you found out. I always keep in the back of my mind that WOG is Randy's main marketing tool, and the whole site is really geared toward helping him sell Bluebirds. it is also a pretty good revenue generator for the Honstein shop and a couple other vendors. Not that it has not been helpful but its not there to help you sell your bird. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/14/21 12:09 p.m.
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) said:

I think the coaches that sell on WOG are owned by long time members and friends of Randy and his group. There is a huge community push to get those ones sold which looks good to new members looking. But if you are not in that group then you get crickets as you found out. I always keep in the back of my mind that WOG is Randy's main marketing tool, and the whole site is really geared toward helping him sell Bluebirds. it is also a pretty good revenue generator for the Honstein shop and a couple other vendors. Not that it has not been helpful but its not there to help you sell your bird. 

Valid points all.  Well, it's a good bus.  Just today I got another inquiry....I am being super clear with everyone: 1-everyday I want to sell it less and less.     2-It's really $30,000.  Not $28,500.     3-I have made a complete list of everything I can think of that's not spot on with it.     Soon I will be looking for ways to expand my vehicle shelter.

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/25/21 7:16 a.m.

It's official...the bus is off the market. All my NASA MIDATLANTIC friends can relax...coffee in the morning and cookouts in evening with some spontaneous Paddock Band "entertainment " will continue!  
At dinner last night there was a push to keep it from my herd who also expressed a desire to start hanging at races again. 
All is well with the world. 

4/25/21 10:46 a.m.

Excellent decision! I had the same mid ownership crisis and made the same choice.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/25/21 1:08 p.m.

In reply to jh36 :

Glad for ya! I think you'll enjoy that decision. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/26/21 7:53 p.m.
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) said:

Excellent decision! I had the same mid ownership crisis and made the same choice.

I think so too...your saga did help me land on this spot. Thank you?

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/26/21 7:53 p.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to jh36 :

Glad for ya! I think you'll enjoy that decision. 

Thanks!!

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
7/17/21 10:15 p.m.

I drove the bus home (2 hours) from my son's shop. After not rolling for 18 months (but stored indoors), she was awesome. No issues.  
I do believe I'm happy with the fact that nobody really wanted her. I will be going over her in the next few weeks to prep for the haul to vir. 
Satisfied. 

GT1Mustang
GT1Mustang New Reader
10/2/21 3:30 p.m.

DON'T SELL IT. I miss mine. It had been a Cadillac dealers toy to haul kids and bikes to the desert. It had a hot rodded cat with about 320hp, polished wheels silver paint a looker. I don't our 23' GMC that was worthless - couldn't tow anything and really too small for any serious trips.

This thread has made me go back onto WOG and check out getting another.

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
10/2/21 7:29 p.m.
GT1Mustang said:

DON'T SELL IT. I miss mine. It had been a Cadillac dealers toy to haul kids and bikes to the desert. It had a hot rodded cat with about 320hp, polished wheels silver paint a looker. I don't our 23' GMC that was worthless - couldn't tow anything and really too small for any serious trips.

This thread has made me go back onto WOG and check out getting another.

This brings me joy.  I am writing from under the awning of the bus at VIR...selling it was the best thing I ever didn't do.

AWESOME>

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
10/7/21 8:37 p.m.

Just a light update...15 hours, round trip to VIR. I was solo in the bus...it's nice to have a copilot but that was not to be. 
The old girl was flawless...there and back. 
She is an appropriate tow vehicle for the ASA Camaro. Tons of thumbs up on the road and in the paddock. 
One more event and she gets to slip into her winter cave. 
More than ever, I am glad I kept her. 

10/8/21 12:13 a.m.

In reply to jh36 :

Me too.

DrZRider
DrZRider New Reader
10/8/21 6:40 p.m.

Glad to hear you kept the wanderlodge, they are unique and fascinating. I almost bought one similar to yours but was a few hours too late. Im really happy with my PT40 though.

Genuinely sorry anyone had a bad impression of WOG, I've only had good experiences there. I've talked to several of those guys on the phone and met a few in person, never felt that they were anything other than dedicated enthusiasts. It's cool to see wanderlodges get exposure here though! Keep us updated. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
10/9/21 4:56 a.m.

In reply to DrZRider :

The PT40 is a mighty machine. Well done!  Heck, you can actually go the speed limit and probably not be passed by logging trucks going up grades. 

DrZRider
DrZRider New Reader
10/9/21 9:14 a.m.

In reply to jh36 :

I've found myself going 75 when not paying attention, but it sucks down so much gas that I try to keep it at 65 as much as I can. Can't imagine what it's like with the big 8v-92.

I really like the FC's and their shorter length and wheelbase though, im always worried about getting stuck somewhere or not being able to park it in a campground. A FC31 must be revelation for maneuvering around in.

10/9/21 11:11 a.m.

In reply to DrZRider :

We do a lot of boondocking and State and provincial parks and never had an issue with 35 feet. In fact when I book I often punch in 30 feet because there are many more site options.

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
10/9/21 1:42 p.m.

Same...it sometimes seems like the bus and my crew cab, 8' f350 dually have the same turning radius. I'm going to measure that one day. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
10/9/21 1:45 p.m.

In reply to DrZRider :

Nice.  I envy your power.  And your quiet helm.  Although I'm impressed with how quiet and cool the doghouse keeps things.  

I love the size of the 35. It's a cabin, not a house, but it works. 

keithj
keithj Reader
4/4/24 1:01 p.m.

Hey, its been a few years sorry to old bump but are you still planning on keeping the rig long term? If not I am interested in Ohio. 

There have been some interesting deals on the Facebook birds for sale site lately.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1878903229044941/?ref=share&mibextid=NSMWBT

Rons
Rons GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/4/24 10:09 p.m.

There's also one in Duncan and one in Nanaimo on marketplace

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
23LiEmAYbX5exUknD73SchVJTxSpFYCMTS38vyJGMVXud8SBUbKwixDGtEKhJonq