1 2
jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/8/21 8:02 p.m.

There are three folks that seem seriously interested...in an attempt to be transparent (and possibly to sabotage my own deal) I created an exhaustive list of every quirk and issue I can think of. 
I am indeed going to miss this thing if the deal goes down. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/8/21 9:18 p.m.

My wife laughs at me - claims I try to talk people OUT of buying my stuff! I just want to let them know every minor (and Major for that matter!) thing wrong. So they will know what they are dealing with.

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/9/21 4:52 a.m.
03Panther said:

My wife laughs at me - claims I try to talk people OUT of buying my stuff! I just want to let them know every minor (and Major for that matter!) thing wrong. So they will know what they are dealing with.

Exactly!

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/13/21 5:27 a.m.

In reply to bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) :

It's starting to look like I'm keeping it. I've had a quite a few people from the Wanderlodge site email me for information, they agree the price is fair then drift away.  I created a list of every "issue" I can think of, from stain on the carpet to one dented roof horn. At least it is easy to send this link for pics and the doc for details. 
it isn't going to kill me to keep this. I'm starting to share your mindset. My biggest issue keeping it is storage...I'm in the country so parking it outside is not a problem, but to keep it indoors, I store it in my sons building. 
maybe I need to build a bigger shop?

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/13/21 10:46 p.m.

I think the coaches that sell on WOG are owned by long time members and friends of Randy and his group. There is a huge community push to get those ones sold which looks good to new members looking. But if you are not in that group then you get crickets as you found out. I always keep in the back of my mind that WOG is Randy's main marketing tool, and the whole site is really geared toward helping him sell Bluebirds. it is also a pretty good revenue generator for the Honstein shop and a couple other vendors. Not that it has not been helpful but its not there to help you sell your bird. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/14/21 12:09 p.m.
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) said:

I think the coaches that sell on WOG are owned by long time members and friends of Randy and his group. There is a huge community push to get those ones sold which looks good to new members looking. But if you are not in that group then you get crickets as you found out. I always keep in the back of my mind that WOG is Randy's main marketing tool, and the whole site is really geared toward helping him sell Bluebirds. it is also a pretty good revenue generator for the Honstein shop and a couple other vendors. Not that it has not been helpful but its not there to help you sell your bird. 

Valid points all.  Well, it's a good bus.  Just today I got another inquiry....I am being super clear with everyone: 1-everyday I want to sell it less and less.     2-It's really $30,000.  Not $28,500.     3-I have made a complete list of everything I can think of that's not spot on with it.     Soon I will be looking for ways to expand my vehicle shelter.

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/25/21 7:16 a.m.

It's official...the bus is off the market. All my NASA MIDATLANTIC friends can relax...coffee in the morning and cookouts in evening with some spontaneous Paddock Band "entertainment " will continue!  
At dinner last night there was a push to keep it from my herd who also expressed a desire to start hanging at races again. 
All is well with the world. 

bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter)
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/25/21 10:46 a.m.

Excellent decision! I had the same mid ownership crisis and made the same choice.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/25/21 1:08 p.m.

In reply to jh36 :

Glad for ya! I think you'll enjoy that decision. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/26/21 7:53 p.m.
bearmtnmartin (Forum Supporter) said:

Excellent decision! I had the same mid ownership crisis and made the same choice.

I think so too...your saga did help me land on this spot. Thank you?

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
4/26/21 7:53 p.m.
03Panther said:

In reply to jh36 :

Glad for ya! I think you'll enjoy that decision. 

Thanks!!

1 2
Our Preferred Partners
30i8swyh3KCc6UzzFHAIj1dt6ookJHBgrRpkp1tQTcV8RAdYqDXpmQWMlNRchCZ8