1 2
tripp
tripp Reader
1/5/21 8:51 a.m.

I have been trying to sell it to some people I know from the challenge for the last couple months and my buyer just fell through (no hard feelings, I understand things come up). He is helping me try to find a new buyer but not sure that will materialize so posting it up for all.

I am selling the shop space that I have it in, and recently moved and am not able to store it at my new house. My only caveats for the sale are 1) it makes it back to the challenge, 2) (a wish, and not a deal breaker) that whoever buys it gives me first go if and when they choose to sell it.

I was going to sell it for $1500 to keep it in the Challenge budget, complete with a nitrous kit and spare parts. It had cooling issues and the starter is removed to be shimmed. I have had it stored for a few years since I haven't had time to work on it so it will need a once over (oil, coolant, etc.) to run, but the engine is still fresh (in only really being run for the 2013 challenge to any extent). I will post on the forum as well, but need it gone by 1/18

Please help me get this car back to run in the challenge again.

Tripp

201-788-1585

Antihero (Forum Supporter)
Antihero (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/21 8:58 a.m.

Dammit, that's cool

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/21 9:00 a.m.

WOW! What are the details? engine, axle, frame? etc. 

tripp
tripp Reader
1/5/21 9:06 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Checy s10 Xtreme frame, Oldsmobile Bravado rear end, 350 engine (10:1 compression pistons and comp cam I believe from a buddy's C4 Vette), TH350 short shaft trans (weak point in the build, but budget constraints), 3500 stall converter

tripp
tripp Reader
1/5/21 9:06 a.m.

I neglected to mention located in Jackonsville FL

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
1/5/21 10:29 a.m.

I'm local and this is extremely tempting...Unfortunately, w/out windows there's nowhere I could park it.

tripp
tripp Reader
1/5/21 11:03 a.m.

In reply to Hoondavan :

That is my problem it isn't water tight and would do poorly outside. I have some of the glass but with the chopped top it would be an effort to get it in and no door seals it would rot

hobiercr (FS)
hobiercr (FS) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
1/5/21 11:22 a.m.

Tripp, are those photos from Amelia Island Concours? Epic!

tripp
tripp Reader
1/5/21 12:02 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

the cars and coffee the day prior :)

Just down the hill from the Morris was a group of classic BMW race cars, which was intimidating since I had issues with getting the car into park, and rolling away down that hill would have been expensive $$$

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/5/21 12:06 p.m.

Glad that it's 1000+ miles away!

No Time
No Time SuperDork
1/5/21 12:06 p.m.

That's cool, and the S10 let you take advantage of GM parts bin engineering. 

Is there a build thread?

I think this would be a great starting point for a dual purpose (local drift/2022 challenge) with my son, the timing and location won't work.

Ill need to watch the thread to see if anything changes, since I need to pick up a truck in Bradenton in a month or two and drive back to MA, but that would be too late.

GLWS

hobiercr (FS)
1/5/21 12:27 p.m.

BTW, has anyone told Stampie about this yet?

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/5/21 12:28 p.m.

Hot Rod Morris Minor is on my mind as the Pete shop prepares to stuff a Honda Civic drivetrain amidships a 1950 Morris Minor. As one does.

Any pics of the inside where the Humans are supposed to ride along with the engine?

tripp
tripp Reader
1/5/21 12:44 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr (FS) :

I talked to him an hour or so ago

tripp
tripp Reader
1/5/21 12:45 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

Hoping to get it gone so I don't have to store it outside (no garage space right now) but if something changes we can make arrangements

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/5/21 12:47 p.m.

In reply to No Time :

Finding storage for a month or two might be possible.  

tripp
tripp Reader
1/5/21 12:47 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

pretty much back seat :)

I never posted a build thread but have a series of pictures on my phone, text me and I can send them 201-788-1585

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/5/21 12:49 p.m.

Floridian here, calling my team member right now to recommend this. 

hobiercr (FS)
1/5/21 12:55 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Oh, this would be perfect for what you were looking at doing!

Very interested. I'm just south in Volusia county. I'm at work, so I won't be able to talk to you until tonight. I'll pm my contact info. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
1/5/21 1:45 p.m.

How is this beast on an autocross course?  It looks narrower and taller than makes me entirely comfortable....

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/5/21 2:25 p.m.
hobiercr (FS) said:

BTW, has anyone told Stampie about this yet?

He is probably already headed out to pick it up!

tripp
tripp Reader
1/5/21 2:26 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) (Forum Supporter) :

Its as wide as an oldsmobile Bravado in the reat (a bit wider than an S10) and there is very little weight in the body with the engine sitting low in the frame, center of gravity is better than it looks. 2 people could lift the body before it was welded to the frame

PM sent

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/5/21 3:02 p.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

I sent you an email.  If you don't get it please call or text me F250 then 6 oo 3 in the area of 904.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Rpv4oQApjLxY7DvIxDN72PWwAnMyzULWFfChQNW8MqqFp8wkk6sYLBK1RDOSpgjm