1 2
lotusseven7
lotusseven7 Reader
11/5/19 9:22 p.m.

*** BUMP this back up and hopefully some sees it and needs it for a new project. ***

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
12/11/20 8:46 a.m.

Bring this back up.

I moved it to the new building over the weekend and began taking a good hard look at it. I specifically wanted to look at the windshield which has been the subject of debate in the past. Well, I was more than pleasantly surprised at what I found. It turns out that the gentleman who made the body was not only some sort of fiberglass wizard, he was a pretty smart fellow to. Turns out he designed the windscreen opening with the mounting flanges in a single plane. A single piece of flat polycarbonate will work!!!! I cut some poster board to make a template and it worked!!! No compound curves to deal with!!! I have a local glass supplier cutting me 2 pieces of 1/8" Lexan.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
12/11/20 8:55 a.m.

This would be such a cool DSR car, all painted up in some iconic 80s 956/962 livery. GLWS

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/11/20 9:08 a.m.

That's very cool. BTW, I think this would fit nicely on top of a cast off F440/F500/F600 race car. 

I'm not an expert at the rule sets for SCCA solo, but there may be a chance that you could fit into Fmod. For some reason I think the bodywork requirements are pretty open... could be wrong. 

12/24/20 8:15 p.m.

Ok gang, I bought a 4'x4' sheet of 1/8" LEXAN and made templates for the windshield, door glass and headlight covers. I will be making the 5 pieces and will include them with the body for the buyer. Someone has to be looking for a project? If not, anyone know of a F440/500 chassis sitting in someone's garage? Legends car? Dwarf car? 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
12/27/20 7:49 a.m.
12/27/20 7:25 p.m.

Every night right after getting sleepy on GRM.

I am interested in the body but just joined GRM so I can't send a PM. Is there another way I can contact you? Thanks! - Mike

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
2/15/21 4:45 p.m.

That's a Diasio 962R I'm pretty sure. 

One for sale on that P car forum

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/15/21 4:52 p.m.

How big of diameter are the wheels setup for?  Like how tall is it at the tops of the front and rear fenders?

2/15/21 9:04 p.m.

It's not a Diasio, trust me. It's a one-off. I have to go to the shop tomorrow and take measurements.

2/16/21 9:36 p.m.

SOLD.

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/16/21 10:55 p.m.

Thank the FSM.  This didn't sell to me!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Wv0NAC5uQ5hXAJ4kTWin9W7Yn29raFnWUMHfiSD24dTVRhRhX0wYH0drw9J6X0A6