jh36
jh36 Dork
1/11/22 9:40 p.m.

I've tried this a time or two. 
I had this basically sold locally a month ago, but the guy was just looking to flip it and I couldn't do it. 
I would like this to go to a good grm home if possible. 
The odometer stopped working about 150k. It is wonderfully rust free. It has some hot start issues, but we have replaced a lot of the potential issues. I just don't have the time or energy to do this car justice. Way too many projects on deck and this hasn't been run in months. It's just time. 
If you trust the data, it looks like these are appreciating. More than that, this is a great cruiser. A very fine , long legged, comfortable driver. 
I have about $8,000 in it. Ones this clean seem to be going higher. I'm happy if I break even and see it go to a good home. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/11/22 9:42 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/11/22 10:10 p.m.

That brings back some good early 80's memories.  I love the painted wheels on an SEL.

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand UberDork
1/11/22 10:25 p.m.

Very cool car!

My dad had a silver euro 280SEL with a 4 speed manual when I was a kid. I loved that car and the giant sunroof. 

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/12/22 6:36 a.m.

Thanks fellas, if you know a good home for this car, please let me know. I would really prefer it go to a forum member to keep it in the family. If nobody here has an interest, I will up the asking price and go conventional. It's just too nice to not be preserved. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/12/22 8:31 a.m.

How quickly do you need to move it? I've been thinking about an old Benz now that it's been pretty much confirmed that I don't have to travel much for work anymore, but I won't really be able to pull the trigger until the Alfa goes back and possibly move the BRZ.

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/12/22 11:12 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

I have no real timeframe or need to move quickly. I could wait 4,6,8 months or whatever. It is sitting under cover now.  I would really just like to see it appreciated and used.  

BoxheadTim
1/15/22 2:13 p.m.

In reply to jh36 :

Thanks - PM'd you.

jh36
jh36 Dork
1/15/22 5:19 p.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

Copy that...and I hit you back.

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/19/22 6:05 a.m.

Is it time?  I just cracked the head on my race car engine. The timing here would be....spectacular if you are still so inclined. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/20/22 8:47 p.m.

In reply to jh36 :

Oh wow. I had a 4.5 car I bought for a couple hundred bucks back in 2014. Battery and tires and it was a pretty nice dd. This one is really nice. I'd grab it if I had the space. Plus, I have my eyes on a 6.9 in the same color.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/20/22 8:50 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

You know you want it.  It's calling to you. 

BoxheadTim
5/20/22 9:05 p.m.

In reply to jh36 :

Well, it was time to return the Alfa, however my wife isn't too keen on this Mercedes, sorry.

jh36
jh36 Dork
5/21/22 3:47 a.m.

In reply to BoxheadTim :

That's a shame. And so it goes. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/21/22 8:44 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Not unless he wants to trade for an XJR lol. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1yBDidZWWDKhDoGd6xt8mfSomQHLKIbJXuQu7wVuVjGbAx5WdET0jITHraRyIPUJ