1 2 3
jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
2/22/22 5:59 p.m.

I was recently gifted a 1986 Ram 50 by a tenant that moved out of one of my apartments. I have a signed title in hand.

The good:

It starts every time, runs smooth.

2.6L- "The Big Block"

5 Speed

125K or so miles

I drove it about 8 miles from apartments to my shop.

The Bad:

The clutch doesn't disengage all the way. It doesn't slip. Appears to have a new clutch cable, probably an adjustment.

The truck spent its first 15 years in Pa, brought to Fl in 2002. It has some cancer, a cross member that I think would hold the available transfer case is almost gone. I didn't move to Florida to work on rusty vehicles. I can poke around under there more if anybody bites on it.

Inner edge of drivers side front tire is worn. Expect ball joints or tie rods needed. I checked prices and everything is cheeeeap.

He backed into a pole with the drivers door, it opens still.

Come get it and do dirty things to it. I want to keep the battery but it is still in it. 

Located in St Petersburg, Fl

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
2/22/22 6:15 p.m.

Oh,  I'd like to have it and would do the things you imagine with it.  Depends on how soon you need it to go away, and/or Stampies willingness to drag this North when he goes to pick up Riggamort, on how soon I could get it.  Let me text Stampie......

BRB.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/22/22 6:18 p.m.

Would my turbo 2.5L mount up to the transmission in it?

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/22/22 6:18 p.m.

Hold please. A local may want this.

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
2/22/22 6:20 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

I don't know. I think it is the same as the 2.0 though.

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
2/22/22 6:21 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

You could drive it anywhere in the bay area. Hell I would drive it to Orlando on a dare.

Mr_Asa
2/22/22 6:21 p.m.

We could do a Challenge build that will be even cheaper than one of Stampie's.  My engine was $1 (and I think I have to include what I paid John to go pick it up for me?)

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/22 6:23 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

Just wanted to be clear I haven't made a deal on Riggamort.  I'd call it as on going discussions.

hobiercr
2/22/22 6:24 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Not sure, but a 4G63 should. wink

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
2/22/22 6:25 p.m.

Engine is the 4G54, I think the 4G52(2.0L) bolts to it. Astron engine architecture.

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
2/22/22 6:29 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

We could do a Challenge build that will be even cheaper than one of Stampie's.  My engine was $1 (and I think I have to include what I paid John to go pick it up for me?)

Trying to keep it from becoming a project. Smaller shop, I'm putting cars on racks to make it work.

Mr_Asa
2/22/22 6:33 p.m.
jgrewe said:
Mr_Asa said:

Trying to keep it from becoming a project. Smaller shop, I'm putting cars on racks to make it work.

I get ya.  Might be able to find someone else to host, though.  Hell, if we choose the right weekend we might be able to use my driveway for some of the swap.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard GRM+ Memberand Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/22/22 6:59 p.m.

I think I have a taker for this. Let me confirm, but my buddy's Subaru exploded and he's been looking for a way to get to work. 

hobiercr
2/22/22 7:00 p.m.

Regardless of who gets this (not I), I hope to see a mini-Farmtruck, but one that can also turn.

Tom Suddard
2/22/22 7:03 p.m.

I'll take it, and can come over with a trailer Thursday night if that works for you.

This will go to a friend of GRM with dreams of a sweet mini truck, but first he'll use it to start his new racing business. Should be the perfect home for it. 

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
2/22/22 7:21 p.m.

Just got the email from Subaru guy. I'll hold it for him,mainly because he said his wife shows some interest in our silly activities.  

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/22/22 7:34 p.m.

Glad someone got it that needed it; I want a first gen D50 or Arrow if anyone finds a decent one cheap.

jgrewe
jgrewe HalfDork
2/22/22 7:41 p.m.

Ok, so a lot of Subaru people over there on that coast.  Mistaken identity in the email but straightened out now. Tom's guy still gets it though.

Tom Suddard
2/22/22 7:53 p.m.

Okay, perfect. I'll shoot you an email to arrange pickup. Thanks! I think this might be one of those cars that materially changes somebody's life. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
2/22/22 8:19 p.m.

Wait.... Stampie is coming north to get Riggamort? When did I miss that?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/22 11:18 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Nope nothing to see here.

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/22/22 11:53 p.m.

That is in pretty good shape for 15 years of rust belt.  I hope Subaru guy eventually does dumb stuff to that thing.  They are fun and quirky little trucks.

Tom Suddard
2/23/22 8:00 a.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

I'd give it a high chance of future dumb stuff. Here's the last race car he owned:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/1993-volkswagen-fox/

wae
wae PowerDork
2/23/22 8:06 a.m.

Wait a second...  Help me out on something here....  Put a dent in the side of the vehicle?  While reversing?  I'm not calling into question the integrity of the story or the storyteller, but I seem to lack the imagination required to visualize how that transpired.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
2/23/22 8:44 a.m.

Open, in reverse

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9SD5c0NUk08DpXu9XUJaZ579VhqzEAVwM1awMwRgaSa4hAVDq6uE53faNTU55sjs