mdshaw
mdshaw HalfDork
9/20/22 6:23 a.m.

My daughter wants to sell her project that we never finished. We rebuilt the peanut head 454 with roller rockers, 9.5:1, hei & an Edelbrock jetted for Florida now. We dressed it all up with chrome bits & shoe horned it in with a rebuilt BOP turbo 400. We broke it in strapped to a custom pallet stand.  Then added power steering & power brakes.  We moved to Florida & without a shop it will never get finished.  She just wants to re-coup what she has in it. The PO did a diy body lift for some reason. Now the Florida weather is just attacking it. The nice chrome engine bits are pitting badly also. 
Included parts: original seat, new seat foam kit & nice cover, new carpet kit, new body bushing kit, huge box of nice wiring to finish wiring it, new door seals & belting. Also extra parts that I've forgotten about. She has about $6,900 into it. I feel really bad that we didn't get it done. 

Located an hour south of Panama City & @ 4 hours West of Gainsville. 
We have a nice RV AirBNB in Port Saint Joe on the golf course (Blue Tee RV on AirBNB if you want to check it out). PM me & I'll block out days for you. Stay for free for a few days or even make it a family vacation for a week. Or just hang out glamping & watch the turtles & baby alligators.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
9/20/22 8:01 a.m.

That looks like a great deal. GLWS

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/20/22 9:52 p.m.

That should go fast

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/22 3:01 p.m.
chandler said:

That should go fast

probably sell quickly too

>>internet rimshot<<

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/21/22 7:42 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
chandler said:

That should go fast

probably sell quickly too

>>internet rimshot<<

*mic drop *

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/21/22 11:17 p.m.

I did a storage lien on a 64 when I was in Austin to get the title.  Once I got it, I never got to it, then I moved away.  I hope someone else filed a lien on the title so it didn't rot away.

I'm trying not to spend my money on this instead of a Jag.  Please delete this ad so I don't buy it  laugh

mdshaw
mdshaw HalfDork
9/22/22 5:15 a.m.

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

Come on Curtis, you don't want a Jaaaag. A C10 is so much more....well American.   Frenchy will be messaging you constantly about what you need to do to your Jaaaaag & why the V12 is so much better than a Chevy.  He'll probably even want to stop by & personally give you advice. Do you really want that?  I didn't think so.  Plus every where you drive it people will be saying, "how's the Jaaaaag?  I always thought they were cool but unreliable."  Then you'll have to explain the entire history of Jaaaaag & why yours with a Chevy is better.  

When you pull up in a nice '64 C10  you'll get a thumbs up. They ask "small block?" You say "454 Big Block bored .030 over, turbo 400 with a 12 bolt rear"  as you pop the hood. Then the occasional pretty woman drooling over it & asking for a ride or if you could haul her nice antique vanity home that she just got at the Amish auction. It's a bench seat so she'll slide on over real close.

Come on down to Florida when it's a bit chilly in PA & enjoy the finally nice not scorching hot muggy weather. Or take it back with you after the Challenge. 

C10's with LS's & small blocks are common. A C10 with a Big Block? You know they aren't. The Big Block didn't exist until '65 & most people won't do the work involved.

Just yesterday I titled it in Florida, so clean fresh title, no hassles.

It needs a good caring home. It has probably 1 whole mile under it's own power with the 454 & about 2-3 hours total run time.  We bought it many years ago in Utah & hauled it to Idaho. 

Just the 454 & Turbo 400 are worth almost that I think if I can believe what I'm being told by the Airbnb'ers that ask about it. Had lots of offers just for the 454 & T400 but it was too much work getting it in there plus the custom 2 piece driveshaft was spendy.
We moved it cross country from Idaho & I get a little depressed every time I see it- which is several times a day because it is right outside.  Oh the topper is actually for a Dodge & is a bit narrow but it worked for the trip.

Our daughter is engaged & moving on & I don't have the shop anymore. This is the first place I've said it's for sale & wanted someone on here to have it & finish it. Then one day you can send pictures & I can show my daughter.  
Larry the baby gator is waiting to meet you also.

Do you golf? We live on the golf course. I can get you Uber cheap rounds while you're glamping in the RV in the peace & quiet of the Forgotten coast of the Florida panhandle 5 minutes to the water, 10 minutes to the drive-on beaches. 
Let me know so I can block out the days for you in AirBNB.

akylekoz
akylekoz UltraDork
9/22/22 8:12 a.m.

Is it drivable?  Would it need fresh tires to make it north?  Asking for a friend, who will be in Florida in two weeks, doing a drive and fly home.     

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
9/22/22 3:55 p.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

I have similar questions. 

mdshaw
mdshaw HalfDork
9/23/22 4:10 a.m.

It would be drivable but...i need to replace the ignition switch wiring. It is currently started by opening the hood & connecting an alligator clip for the hei then touching the starter solenoid to the battery. Then go inside & adjust the manual choke as it warms up.
The fuel line was clogged when we got it so I pulled the pickup & sending unit out of the tank. The sending unit was beyond repair so removed. I've always ran it by setting a small gas can inside with a small amount of gas inside, priming the fuel line, reconnecting the line to the carb & firing that puppy up. 
The electric fan relay  is not hooked up. I installed a thermo switch in the top of the thermostat housing & have a relay.  
The seat is not rebuilt yet with the new parts & not installed.  I have always put a bucket in it & sat on it.

Yes - sitting on a bucket, next to an open can of gas with the fuel line feeding an open header 454 with sketchy tires & unknown brakes.  

We had plans of removing the tank & doing a between the frame rails tank.

The driver side door moulding falls down. I have new moulding though or we just rtv this back up for temporary service.
It is open shorty headers.  So the noise of a 454 right underneath you for a couple hundred yards was ok, which is as far as I've driven it back & forth from our house to the shop. Then down to the golf course & back after we moved here. 
It's a 454 jetted to about the richest jets using edelbrock's tuning guide for 20 feet of elevation with a 3 speed Turbo 400 with I don't know what ratio rear.  The mileage would not be great.
I've never checked the brake pads. It does at least stop now with the addition of the booster. 
The tires are sketchy. 
There is a lot of play in the steering but maybe normal for a '64. 
Besides all of the above, yes it is driveable. 
I can do the wiring for the key & fan & put the fuel line back in the tank. I can also put the seat in & put moving blankets on it to cover the springs....or leave the bucket. 

So then the only issue would be the open header 454 drone, the mileage & tires. There are many tire stores @ 45 minutes north in Panama City.  
For sure one would get the wrong type of attention when stopping for gas. Would also recommend a few full cans in the back because of the sending unit. Or I can order a sending unit but then a waste if the tank is relocated.  
I think the lights work also.
It would be a fly & drive of epic proportions. 
Or I have my Powerstroke tow beast & trailer. Would take a lot of convincing for my wife to let me do it.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
9/23/22 8:20 a.m.

Your yellow civic looks great with those wheels. 78 civic with 85 si phone dial wheels?

They look good on the eg too.

mdshaw
mdshaw HalfDork
9/23/22 10:46 p.m.

'76 CVCC with a D16Z6, lsd 5 speed & rear discs. I wish they were 13" because I think they look a little big. Or I need some lower profile 14" tires.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lOLVhMri68dRBcdzDJf2GZmxGWKz2PTvauMWnFNKQwMaUkdhgFkOtRYzAB6jBo4r