1 2
Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/19/18 4:35 a.m.

After my recent diagnosis of Stage 4 Cancer its time to thin out the fleet. Not looking for a pity party, I want to take care of this so my wife and kids don't have to when the inevitable happens . Thus the somewhat fragmented descriptions.  As I progress through this I will try to post updated pic's and spec's as I remember them. All vehicles are owned  and titled to me . First up 1985 Toyota MR2, caged,lowered stock drivers seat,  Momo wheel on a quick release, Battery relocated to front trunk, (new 2017), Unknown brand header, shortened exhaust, Koni's on inserts, rebuilt motor at some point, currently classed as CSP. Car was competitively campaigned in SCCA for years out of Maryland area, I will try to find contact info from when I bought it Limited use over the past 5 years, mainly 6-8 autocross events a year. Is an excellent car to learn on, always surprised how forgiving it was of mistakes. Low maintenance, boat loads of extra parts for it (lots of wiring, some trim pieces, etc. two 3 x 3 x 3 crates full) plus 8 extra wheels. Pic's (if they load) are from when I bought it about five years ago. paint is a 5, originally white, very little rust, heat works great , no a/c.  $3,900 takes it all.  Located in Mansfield, OH

2nd up is a 2003 Mini Cooper S, mid 130,000 on mileage, Some of you may remember this car from December post. New headgasket, water pump, thermostat and housing, belts hoses, etc. Rebuilt supercharger (done the right way by Dustin out of Chicago, WITH 12 month/12,000 mile warranty, (new gears etc), 15% pulley,  Surge tank, etc. Should be finished up this weekend 04/21/18, located in Columbus, OH No pics yet. Most new parts are straight from BMW, new battery, I spent money on this one intending on keeping it for competition use this year so no corners cut. $4,900 is my break even number. Will look @ reasonable offers on this one as I have no emotional attachment (never got to drive it) Info on this one please call or text Steve 419-610-1568 after Monday the 22nd.  If pricing seems out of line for any of them, need more pic's or a walkaround and your a BUYER please say so. Would rather see it go to a SBX'r than some hoonigan who doesn't know how to put his hat on straight or some Craigslist fool who just want's to lowball the Hell out of what he probably can't afford to buy anyways. Pic's will be posted after Steve finishes it up this weekend. Will need cleaned up and detailed, car has sat for the last year. Will not part out anything at this time, would entertain nice convertible trade for my wife to drive in the summer but no projects, prefer V8 power American made (Mustang, etc) .

Also have a mid 80's Honda, perfect shell, runs but pukes blue smoke, bought for a B18 swap but never completed. Original FL car, doesn't look as if it's ever been modded, still has all A/C components attached. Will have to look @ title status on this one, may still be open Michigan title but  is signed off correctly.  $1,875 Call or text my son Ben for info on this one 419-564- 5529 Located in Mansfield, OH .

Last one I'm still undecided on but thought I would throw it out and see if any interest.... 1969 CST10, factory shortbed W/ factory buckets, two complete cabs, Extra factory sheet metal, one title, 350, 3 on the tree, posi rear, NO A/C, PDB, P/S, 4" & 6" drop, 5 Lug conversion, Disc brake upgrade, stainless steel lines, all brakes,powertrain, suspension rebuilt. for the most part, ready for paint and final assembly. Upgraded to FAST fuel injection. Probably $10,000 worth of parts and updates probably try to finish this one up myself but would entertain offers on it.

footer

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
4/19/18 5:10 a.m.

Hey, I know you're not looking for pity, but I'm really sorry to hear about the diagnosis. Good on you for rehoming your fleet, you have a better understanding of the vehicles and their history and will likely get the most value in selling them vs family.

Good luck with the sales, and if you need to talk, we're here.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/19/18 7:42 a.m.

Thanks, the forums has been a great diversion over the past month and the outpouring of support from friends and family has been almost overwhelming at times..... sometimes we forget how many friends we have made over the years.  If prayers and good thoughts could cure a disease we could all look forward to living a long life !!    I did forget to include my contact info, mtcbshaum@gee mail dot com or four one nine five 66 seven two 4 zero text or calls. I'm available just about any time up until the 24th for questions or info, start the next round of treatment on the 25th so it will be hit or miss for a couple weeks after that.

Thanks,

Mark

xflowgolf
xflowgolf Dork
4/19/18 8:23 a.m.

Sorry for the health issues, but I just wanted to say that's a hell of a fleet!  Not in a position to buy that CST10 but that sounds like all the right pieces.  Good luck with sale, and good on you for taking this on ahead for your family.  

I may know a buyer interested in that Honda, I'll pass along the info.  

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/19/18 8:31 a.m.

Will also be putting my service truck up for sale in the May-June timeframe if it doesn't sell with the business, 2007 Silverado Classic 1LT pkg., 1/2 ton extended cab, 6 ft shortbed, 2WD, 5.3L, auto, power windows, locks, etc , if it's on there it works... ARE aluminum body/steel door service cap W/rear barn doors and interior storage/tool boxes on LH side  and a fiberglass cap (Shown).  All size matched (I think two are Mastercraft and two are Sears)  radial tires less than 15,000 miles old on newer GMC aluminum wheels. 2" sq receiver hitch, wired for trailer, pre-wired for brake controller. Will need rockers replaced and bottom of passenger door replaced/repaired due to rust. New water pump, starter, brakes all within the past year. Just rolled 300,000 miles last fall, priced accordingly @ $2,950 with both caps This truck just won't give up and I wouldn't be afraid to have my wife drive it cross country any day of the week. (she would tell me to go pound salt but still wouldn't be afraid of it) bone stock down to the original exhaust, am/fm/cd radio uses no oil with changes at 5,000 miles or less. Only issue on this truck is about every third fillup it refuses to let you run the pump above the first notch. the internets state this is a common problem. but I just have not gotten to it yet and probably won't. I will get current pic's with the service cap installed next time I'm at the shop. Cap painted an ugly shade of Metallic Grey but serves the purpose as intended. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/19/18 8:48 a.m.

Mark, sorry to hear.  All my best.  We've met before at the secret auto-xes on the dead end road, hidden behind a big building where I have run my Q45.  If there is any way I can  help, let me know.  

It should be noted to all that this MR2 is a HARDTOP!!!!  It is a cool car that I have admired in its presence.  The former MR2SC owner in me is really jealous and envious of the hardtop.  

Action photo lifted from autox site...

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/19/18 12:03 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Thanks John, sad to say at this point in time no autocross this year at the dead end road hidden behind the big building due to construction. Looking for another site right now

Oldonelapper
Oldonelapper New Reader
4/19/18 12:13 p.m.

Reaching out on the Mini

Hang in there

Regards

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
4/19/18 12:46 p.m.

In reply to Mark57 :

I saw the loss of venue mentioned when I went to get that picture today  Sad loss. 

Please try to make it to Super Summit if you can or send up your buddies who need some seat time. 

Super Summit, Norwalk  

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/19/18 5:28 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Yes for Super Summit weekend, still trying for something for the Challenge in October wether it be as an entry or just spectator. Buddy of mine is flying in to Gainesville for that weekend and God willing, I will already be in either Orlando or Destin for the week. Trying to get some others to commit, so we will see what happens in the next couple of months. 

Erich
Erich UltraDork
4/19/18 5:46 p.m.

Hey, not interested in the cars at this time, but if you ever want to talk stage 4 cancer and treatment let me know. I've worked in oncology clinical trials for the past 5 years or so. 2FourEight 881 double-0 double-7.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/19/18 6:22 p.m.

In reply to Erich :

Will do, going for my consult on Tues morning and will call you afterwards. Always interested in another opinion .

BoostedBrandon
BoostedBrandon SuperDork
4/19/18 6:43 p.m.
Erich said:

Hey, not interested in the cars at this time, but if you ever want to talk stage 4 cancer and treatment let me know. I've worked in oncology clinical trials for the past 5 years or so. 2FourEight 881 double-0 double-7.

THIS. This is why I love this forum. The people here are the best on the internet, hands down.

Best of luck to you. Cancer sucks.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/20/18 8:08 p.m.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/20/18 8:09 p.m.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/20/18 8:17 p.m.

In reply to Oldonelapper :

Thanks,

call Steve on the Mini, he was finishing it up tonight.

Oldonelapper
Oldonelapper New Reader
4/21/18 10:12 a.m.

He and I are chatting

thanks

RacingComputers
RacingComputers GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/25/18 4:57 a.m.

Mark:r

I have miss-placed Steve's number.

Please email to Tneil6777  yahoo

Thanks

christobevii3
christobevii3 New Reader
4/25/18 9:23 a.m.

Any pictures of the interior of the truck?  Any less without caps or just the red cap?

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled New Reader
4/25/18 9:41 a.m.
RacingComputers said:

Mark:r

I have miss-placed Steve's number.

Please email to Tneil6777  yahoo

Thanks

Steve's number is in the first post...

RacingComputers
RacingComputers GRM+ Memberand New Reader
4/25/18 9:54 a.m.

Thanks

txt’d him this AM

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
4/25/18 3:07 p.m.

In reply to christobevii3 :Still being used as a service truck, Overall good condition with the exception of the headliner on the driver side. I would throw in both caps for the asking price.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
5/2/18 3:42 p.m.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
5/2/18 3:45 p.m.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
5/2/18 3:46 p.m.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners