Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
5/2/18 3:49 p.m.

More pic's when I get it out of storage this weekend or PM me

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/3/18 3:08 p.m.

Mark,

if i can assist with anything let me know.  You’re welcome to join us at the challenge.  I went to the mid ohio site the other day and saw the loss of venue, was hoping something would be coming up.  

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
5/3/18 3:35 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Thanks,

Working on another sight for autocross this year, should have an answer within a couple of weeks.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
6/13/18 1:58 p.m.

As a quick update, still alive and kicking, treatments are going well so only time will tell. As far as the fleet goes the MR2 was owned and raced in multiple SCCA events and hillclimbs in the mid-eastern region by Scott Webster in Sykesville, MD. I do not have contact info for him anymore but I'm sure someone on the forum knows him. Car is seriously for sale at this point $3,000 for a GRM'r or $3,500 for anyone else. Includes 8 spare aluminum wheels (2 matched sets) and a pallet of spare parts.

As far as the mini cooper S I always wanted one, have now experienced that and it's time for it to go.... Have driven it about 300 miles over the past 5 weeks, car runs and handles far better than I expected for a 129,000 mile car. Ended up with a head gasket, water pump, thermostat, housing and a rebuilt turbo (Dustin @ Stateline Rallycross/AutoXcooper in Chicago) done correctly with all new gears and a 15% pulley, plugs, etc. Still needs a trip to the detail shop which should happen within the next week. Only bad spot on the interior is the driver seat.

$4,000 or would consider trade  for a rust free 1/2 ton pickup of equal value. (sorry, no projects)

2007 Pickup is off the market, being sold with the business. Honda is sold.

I also found while perusing through my piles of things I saved over the years a set of 13 ft Aluminum commercial car hauler ramps. No idea how old they are, I have owned them for 20 plus years and rarely used them because of the length. I'm thinking they should be worth $350 ??

cghstang
cghstang Dork
6/14/18 7:23 a.m.

Is the cage in the MR2 bolted in or welded?

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
6/14/18 8:06 a.m.

Cage is bolted in.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
6/16/18 7:23 a.m.

Anyone interested in the ramps before I post them on Craigslist ?

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
6/28/18 5:52 p.m.

Mini Cooper is Sold, headed for its new home in eastern PA . Isn't there any one out there still  in love with MR2's ? Mine needs a new home, losing my parts storage the end of July so it's got to go ! 

LimitedTimeOnly
LimitedTimeOnly New Reader
6/29/18 7:50 a.m.
Mark57 said:

Mini Cooper is Sold, headed for its new home in eastern PA . Isn't there any one out there still  in love with MR2's ? Mine needs a new home, losing my parts storage the end of July so it's got to go ! 

Mark, I have been thinking fondly of MR2s recently, and I happen to be traveling to Cincinnati and Columbus next week. It is probably fortunate for me that you are just a bit outside my travel path, since I'll be traveling with SWMBO and she would not be amused if I just happened to "pick up" an autocross car along the way.

Point being: Tempting, almost meant to be, but I'm going to restrain myself. GLWS.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
6/30/18 8:37 a.m.

Those ramps are awesome.   I just (over?)paid $450 for a set of beat up 9’ ramps, same style.  

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
7/10/18 4:45 p.m.

Pending payment the MR2 is sold, only thing left are the ramps..... Make me an offer !!

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
7/20/18 5:18 p.m.

MR2 back up for sale....... Craigslist flake backed out. $2,600 or best offer takes it all 

Fletch1
Fletch1 Dork
7/30/18 2:13 p.m.

If that MR2 was still the original white paint and the car was stock I'd consider it.  I was in Mansfield Saturday.  I'm just a county over. I'm currently looking for a fun weekend cruiser. 

Mark57
Mark57 Reader
7/30/18 4:36 p.m.

Sold the MR2 on eBay today, it's going back to the east coast. 

All that is left is the ramps

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/30/18 7:32 p.m.

In reply to Mark57 :

How's your health? Hoping for the best.!

Mark57
Mark57 Reader
7/30/18 8:03 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh : up until I got pneumonia last week my health has been good, immunotherapy has been working well, minimal side effects and if it continues there will be no chemotherapy. The wonders of modern medicine continue to amaze me and hopefully I will continue to benefit from them. We take one day at a time and continue to thank god for each one!! 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
7/30/18 10:11 p.m.

Keep your stick on the ice. We're all pulling for ya.

Mark57
Mark57 Reader
7/31/18 8:07 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Thanks for the words of encouragement , still going to try to make the challenge in October as a spectator 

Erich
Erich UberDork
7/31/18 10:38 a.m.

Great to hear. Make sure they watch your thyroid and ACTH levels from time to time - those can be affected at any time with the immunotherapy. 

When that stuff works it's great. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Ls2uvomzL1sZy2EZQQPfLN2NIU9rrGNHkycPlWkDDNS4JhG2nhferhrs5oALy9Eh