Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
1/22/21 12:06 a.m.

At least that's what it looks like to me.  Might be able to get a deal here

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/882230209179415/?ref=category_feed&referral_code=undefined

1980 Nissan 200SX Coupe 2D

$1,000

Vehicles

Listed 18 hours ago in Atlanta, GA.

May be an image of car

May be an image of car

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
1/22/21 5:49 a.m.

Glad/sad I'm not still in Atlanta, that would be coming home with me and my wife wouldn't be any happier with me.

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
1/23/21 3:37 a.m.

The real owner probably doesn't know it's for sale either

ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual)
ManhattanM (fka NY535iManual) HalfDork
1/23/21 9:01 a.m.

Is that patina or is it distressed? cool

itsarebuild
itsarebuild GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/23/21 6:14 p.m.

That is a really old license plate. Georgia is a state that doesn't require titles for cars over a certain age and registration costs an ad be Velorem tax that is collectible in arrears to the last registration so even if it's legitimately owned the first registration may be really expensive.

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
1/24/21 10:14 a.m.

Because FM totally sucks for vehicles.  You want to sell a Triumph, too f'n bad.  They don't have a category for Triumph are a ton of other makes and models.  Makes searching for your next project a crap shoot.

Bunch of nerds...

Actually just lazy.  They could copy the makes and models from Hemings and we'd be great.

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/24/21 10:27 a.m.
maj75 (Forum Supporter) said:

Because FM totally sucks for vehicles.  You want to sell a Triumph, too f'n bad.  They don't have a category for Triumph are a ton of other makes and models.  Makes searching for your next project a crap shoot.

Bunch of nerds...

Actually just lazy.  They could copy the makes and models from Hemings and we'd be great.

This. When I sold my 944 on there, I couldn't list it as a 944, the closest I could get was to list it as a 968.

tdrrally
tdrrally HalfDork
1/25/21 11:48 a.m.

i do like a 280z, but would rather have the 1980 200sx.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
1/25/21 4:00 p.m.
itsarebuild said:

That is a really old license plate. Georgia is a state that doesn't require titles for cars over a certain age and registration costs an ad be Velorem tax that is collectible in arrears to the last registration so even if it's legitimately owned the first registration may be really expensive.

Good point about GA being a no-title state for older cars.  As long as the VIN check is clean it'd probably be pretty easy to drag it home have it titled in FL.  Looks like the seller has gotten a lot of messages...the price is now $2k.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lhqMu9oTYKdRa9f3gHlzdqBQM9MgFcsuBB1NJnYASCnmfiPmGnXz5MXCp5Q2Y4if