914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/12/21 8:28 a.m.
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/12/21 9:02 a.m.

Looks pretty nice. I had one a while back, decent bikes. If it was close to me I'd be pretty tempted. 

infinitenexus
infinitenexus Dork
4/13/21 6:50 a.m.

That v-twin sounds fantastic on these.  I rode one for a bit, they're excellent bikes.

calteg
calteg Dork
4/13/21 8:33 a.m.

Great beginner bike

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/13/21 6:14 p.m.

if it wasn't  so far away I would be on my way.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Reader
4/13/21 6:25 p.m.

Its in my state. I have the cash. I always wanted one. 

But. I totaled my motorcycle two weeks ago and the other people in my life might not be too happy about this. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/13/21 6:57 p.m.

If it is as nice as it looks, that will not be around when I can take a vacation to get uo that far. So tell the family you are buying and holding it for a GRM'er, and it's not for you. Then You are welcome to ride it anytime the family will let ya till come get it!!! Y'all's ridin' season might be about up by that time.blush

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
4/13/21 7:02 p.m.
03Panther said:

If it is as nice as it looks, that will not be around when I can take a vacation to get uo that far. So tell the family you are buying and holding it for a GRM'er, and it's not for you. Then You are welcome to ride it anytime the family will let ya till come get it!!! Y'all's ridin' season might be about up by that time.blush

I was tempted too, to buy it, clean carbs, do maintenance, and resell it. I'm out of work because of my accident right now, so way too much time being spent looking at things to buy. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
4/13/21 8:16 p.m.

In reply to dan0 (Forum Supporter) :

What if I hired you to clean the carbs after I buy it?

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/13/21 8:20 p.m.

Appleseed can prolly get money to you sooner than me, but I was thinkin' the same thing. IF you were interested in some crazy plan like that.

Apparently the bike accident was fairly recent; at least your still kicking'!

Sounds like it was a bad scene, though.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/13/21 8:29 p.m.

Do you still have your Astro? What year is /was it? I might have some wheeling and dealind we can do...

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
4/16/21 7:18 a.m.
03Panther said:

Do you still have your Astro? What year is /was it? I might have some wheeling and dealind we can do...

Sorry, I missed out on the SV650. I hesistated too much. 

Sold the Astro a few years ago. Gotta update the profile. Now I just have a 2006 E450 short bus (home), 2012 MINI Cooper S, 2011 VW Touareg, 1990 Miata, 1997 Audi A4, and 2002 Ford F150... Need more space to store more...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6EvyzoXb2wWhpmf0UIS5tN0dNdw9L8U1NCbEWpjFJEGNFQJ3JbVRzALwIaivYf7A