1 2
m1sandman
m1sandman GRM+ Memberand New Reader
2/25/14 12:09 a.m.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SHOP SPACE Join us at the Gorilla Garage Tampa (GGT). We are currently looking for a 4th member to share a 2700 SF shop space in Drew Park. The monthly rent averages $335 which includes electric, security, and WiFi. Liability insurance runs $125/year or less. Each of our members have their own dedicated work space and use of the common areas (kitchen, storage areas, etc).

We are enthusiasts with a wide range of automotive interests, current members have Porsche, Bmw, Miata, Classic British, Etc. If interested, please email steve(at)swiger(dot)com for more information.

Thanks!

nhmercracer
nhmercracer New Reader
2/25/14 2:58 a.m.

Exactly what I would like. Leesburg is just a tad too far. :(

m1sandman
2/25/14 7:41 p.m.

Nice looking Merc!

m1sandman
2/27/14 10:25 p.m.

TTT

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
3/3/14 12:21 p.m.

By the way, this is a friend's shop, so I can vouch for them. It's a neat shop and neat group of guys.

m1sandman
3/4/14 7:12 a.m.

Thanks David! C'mon, nobody in Tampa??!?!?

Enyar
Enyar HalfDork
3/4/14 9:11 a.m.

Oooo free parking for USF games?

m1sandman
3/4/14 10:49 p.m.

That would be a fringe benefit!

stanger_missle
stanger_missle GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/5/14 5:37 a.m.

Hmmm... I'm down by Ballast Point. I really need a place to work on my projects since the base hobby shop is only open 3 days a week now. Does the shop have a lift? I am very interested

m1sandman
3/6/14 3:29 p.m.

@stanger_missle, replied to your email! please let me know if you didn't get it for some reason. Thanks!

m1sandman
3/8/14 9:19 a.m.

TTT

m1sandman
3/10/14 7:20 a.m.

Monday bump!

David S. Wallens
3/11/14 11:26 p.m.
m1sandman wrote: Thanks David! C'mon, nobody in Tampa??!?!?

Don't make me drive across the state.

m1sandman
3/12/14 12:38 p.m.

Bump it up!

nhmercracer
nhmercracer New Reader
3/15/14 12:33 p.m.
m1sandman wrote: Nice looking Merc!

Thank you!

Do you think you could post a pic or two of the common areas?

hobiercr
hobiercr GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/15/14 4:08 p.m.

So monthly rent per person is $335 plus a 1/4 of the annual insurance. About how much sq ft per person? Is there a lift, any other common tools?

m1sandman
3/16/14 7:55 p.m.

@hobiercr, There is a Kwiklift that everyone can use, and we've got a "metal shop" that has a bandsaw, drill press, bench grinders, an inexpensive pipe bender, multiple compressors, etc. As far as hand tools go, we all have our own, but we're pretty easy going. I don't know that we have an official measure, but we pretty much each have room for at least one car a work bench and a tool area. If you are in Tampa, I'd love to have you come by and take a look if you have interest. Email me at the address in the original post and we'll set something up. Thanks!

@nhmercracer, here you go...

Sil80redtop
Sil80redtop Reader
3/18/14 12:42 p.m.
nhmercracer wrote: Exactly what I would like. Leesburg is just a tad too far. :(

You could probably find your own place in Leesburg for about the same $. Rent is apparently super cheap.

m1sandman
3/19/14 8:30 a.m.

@David, you may have to drive across the state! Surprised we don't have a 4th yet, but we really need one! TTT, tell your friends!

David S. Wallens
3/20/14 4:00 p.m.
m1sandman wrote: @David, you may have to drive across the state! Surprised we don't have a 4th yet, but we really need one! TTT, tell your friends!

Can I stay in Grandma and Grandpa's house?

nhmercracer
nhmercracer New Reader
3/21/14 10:04 p.m.
Sil80redtop wrote:
nhmercracer wrote: Exactly what I would like. Leesburg is just a tad too far. :(
You could probably find your own place in Leesburg for about the same $. Rent is apparently super cheap.

... but not with the instant camaraderie.

m1sandman
3/22/14 12:16 a.m.

Exactly! Email me next time you head to Tampa and we'll show you some gorilla garage hospitality...

m1sandman
3/25/14 9:03 p.m.

TTT

m1sandman
4/14/14 11:12 p.m.

TTT

David S. Wallens
4/23/14 11:14 p.m.

Is this awesome deal still available? Don't make me move to Grandma and Grandpa's house. My wagon looks good in the driveway.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9M31hY1gHeyEHg2VE6FmZEiy12L0KxLUFzpbZvoCTSV2DkggN82vwYcsHh6Y25OR