1 2 3 ... 7
SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 12:08 p.m.

This is heartbreaking.  I really did want to do this project.  I've lost my storage, and the Free Europa has to go.

These pics are old, but it is largely unchanged.

The price?  FREE.

The catch?  There are a couple:

1- I already have a builder who wants the car.  That's not the deal I want.  I want to give away this car and sell my Avalon 2GR-FE donor at the same time.  Link to the Avalon $900. It's a package deal.  If you don't want the Avalon, the Europa is not available.  It will go to the other builder who has already expressed an interest.

2- It's NOT a whole car.  Not even close.  No engine, no trans, no interior, no glass, no rear end.  It's JUST a poor condition body and a pretty good chassis with a VIN number.  Nothing else.

3- I am ONLY offering this car to people who have previously built a car and entered it in the $20XX Challenge.  Your intent MUST be to build a Challenge car.  This car is THE "GRM Free Europa", and is destined one day to be a Challenge car.  I am very serious about doing my best to insure it happens, even if I don't get to be the guy to build it.  I've been offered good money for this from someone who wants to restore it.  I don't want the money.  I want it to be built as a Challenge car.

4- You've got 2 weeks.  Oct. 6.  After that, it goes to builder #1.

WooHoo! Let's make this happen!

John Brown (Forum Supporter)
John Brown (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 12:25 p.m.

Oh lort.

Did I mention that I was bringing a 40 foot trailer to the Challenge? 

Must resist.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 12:29 p.m.

In reply to John Brown (Forum Supporter) :

You are already hauling wheels for me!!

John Brown (Forum Supporter)
John Brown (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 12:31 p.m.

I know that I could fit more devil

I don't think that I can get three cars in there though laugh

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 12:32 p.m.

In reply to John Brown (Forum Supporter) :

This is light.  It can easily be stacked above another one.  devil

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/22/20 12:35 p.m.

Why would you do this at the same time that I'm building a new rally car?

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 12:36 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Rally Europa.  devildevil

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/22/20 12:38 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Most rally cars get destroyed by hitting trees, so a vehicle that can be totaled by a small shrubbery would certainly up the ante. cheeky

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 12:39 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Consider it a dare.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 12:41 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Most rally cars get destroyed by hitting trees, so a vehicle that can be totaled by a small shrubbery would certainly up the ante. cheeky

external cage?  :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/22/20 12:43 p.m.

Even though I should not be having this conversation, what is the suspension situation?

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 12:45 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Stock front end.  Nothing in the back.  I have a pair of crusty rear radius arms.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 1:06 p.m.

Good thing I dont like europas...

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
9/22/20 1:08 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Even though I should not be having this conversation, what is the suspension situation?

You were the first person I thought of after reading Paul's post. It's time, Chris. You need to build your own challenge car, and the "free Europa" needs to be it. It's not like it'll even be the first time you swap a v6 yota into an MR chassis..

Edit: I vote for S. helping, too. I bet she'd be excited devil

Snowdoggie
Snowdoggie HalfDork
9/22/20 1:11 p.m.

The sane thing to do would be to find a Renault engine and transmission and make it into a close to stock vintage racer. At least nobody would care that most of the interior is long gone. 

But when has anybody here ever don't anything sane with a car. Make it a twin turbo jacked up rallycross car? Add a Delorean front end and a flux capacitor? 

At one point when I had it I was going to make it into a doghouse. Did I mention that one of my huskies used to sleep in the trunk? 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 1:11 p.m.

In reply to bluej (Forum Supporter) :

I couldn't agree more!  Chris would be an awesome builder for this!!

Plus, it would look GREAT in his old motorcycle shop!!

RossD
RossD MegaDork
9/22/20 1:22 p.m.

i have a bunch of Renault 8 parts free for the taking. Swing arm trans axle, 1108cc , ...

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/22/20 1:25 p.m.

GRM: Yo dawg, we heard you like free crappy fiberglass cars

Me:

I'm going to challenge whomever grabs this to a duel in Gainesville just so I stop thinking about it myself.

bluej (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 1:46 p.m.

Paul, when you got the avalon, was using it to power the europa always the intent? I'm just curious since a transverse motor is not the first I'd think of for a europa.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/22/20 1:49 p.m.
bluej (Forum Supporter) said:

Paul, when you got the avalon, was using it to power the europa always the intent? I'm just curious since a transverse motor is not the first I'd think of for a europa.

I pretty sure he got the avalon to repower the mr2 that was supposed to sit under the europa body.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 1:56 p.m.

Robbie's got it. 

I was pretty confident about the body fitting on the MR2 chassis, and explored ideas for that. 

When I got into it, I found the MR2 chassis was not a great fit, and decided to not destroy the Europa. 

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 2:05 p.m.

I am aware the 2GR may be a less than perfect fit for the Europa (although there has been at least 1 really awesome 2GR Europa). 

I've lost my storage. These are the 2 cars I need to get rid of. 

The Avalon is an easy money maker, or death cart, or great motor donor for the right car. 

I am also aware that Chris plays with MR2's too, so he may be the perfect candidate!!

bluej (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 2:28 p.m.

Yeah, just thinking that the Europa may be more likely to actually end up running at the challenge if whomever builds it has more freedom for powerplant. I understand your situation, though.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
9/22/20 2:43 p.m.

I'm not dictating any powerplant.  I just need to get rid of these 2 cars.  

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/22/20 3:29 p.m.

I so glad you live so far away.

1 2 3 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hUQYkhUZCSMhDbVjDWIdsUsm8ZGWzmXYkRbuivfAOAR4SMwgENENsTlHj8QqPd5M