accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
9/20/21 11:52 a.m.

I think the time has come to move on from my Exocet. I built it for a track car and while titled and road legal (and occasionally driven as such) - it really needs some changes to be a good road car if that's what you're looking for.

It weighs 1555lbs no driver and made 200whp on a very pessimistic Dyno. According to TrackDog it would make ~240whp with a 1.8.

Drivetrain:
Built 1.6 billet rods, double valve springs
Prather racing throttle body (no more broken throttle bodies)
949 racing coolant reroute
New coolant hoses and gaskets everywhere
Track dog racing Supercharger + mspnp2
Toyota COPs conversion
Flyin Miata happy meal stage 1 clutch and flywheel
Freshly built 3.6 ratio torsion diff
IRP short shifter

Suspension:
Flyin' Miata Fox coilovers
Paco motorsports camber locks on all 4 corners
Paco upper rear camber adjustable arms (adjust rear camber in 5 minutes, no touching alignment bolts)
V8R tubular lower rear control arms with heim joints
V8R Front tubular control arms w/ additional camber adjustment
V8R gen3 billet rear hubs
Willwood Front hubs
Rear 3 position bar
Front stock bar + Front RB tubular bar (depending on what you're doing, 5 minutes to swap)

Brakes:
Flyin' Miata LBBK front brakes
Stock rear brakes + racing pads
Proportioning valve with remote adjuster

Fuel Safe 8 gallon fuel cell
10x 13x8 Traklite wheels - though it needs tires.

This has been nothing but reliable for me, it never gets hot, it never acts up, and I've never been left stranded except that one time the throttle body cracked (hence the Prather TB). It uses pretty much 0 consumables and if you're brave on track has silly corner speed. It doesn't need anything but new tires to go drive on track, but it is a rough little track car (scratches and dings), built to be used and love every second of it - which it does! Exocet can fit some big people, but I'm a slimmer dude with short legs, so depending on height your first project might be moving the seat. This engine is good for a lot more power if you're interested in switching to a turbo, I just never wanted to deal with potential trans/rear-end issues. At this power level and weight pretty much nothing is stressed on the car. I can deliver.

17k obo

JAdams
JAdams New Reader
9/20/21 12:14 p.m.

I bet this thing is a blast! I have basically the same car but in a NA chassis and it's a riot and I can't imagine shaving off ~700lbs. GLWS!

accordionfolder
9/20/21 12:42 p.m.

In reply to JAdams :

It's a fun thing, that's for sure! I just want to get into w2w with my TT miata. Which involves caging it, K-swapping to be competitive etc - The Exocet has more or less sat this season other than some random upgrades. The budget says I can't keep it and do that so.... gotta go!

accordionfolder
9/28/21 8:16 a.m.

FUND MY RACE CAR ADDICTION. (please)

jwagner (Forum Supporter)
jwagner (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/2/21 11:02 p.m.

Looks well sorted and I can attest that they're a hoot to drive and incredibly easy on consumables.  Sold mine almost two years ago and I do miss it.  GLWTS.

motobill
motobill New Reader
10/3/21 11:45 a.m.

Sent an email through the forum. Interested if it's still available. Have some questions re: title and smog.

Bill

accordionfolder
10/4/21 9:16 a.m.

In reply to motobill :

Hey Bill - I checked my Spam and inbox and I haven't received anything yet!

motobill
motobill New Reader
10/4/21 4:44 p.m.

Trying again...

motobill
motobill New Reader
10/5/21 5:52 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

I sent another email. If you did not receive it, please email me: motobill at gmail.

Thanks.

accordionfolder
10/12/21 1:16 p.m.

In reply to motobill :

Very sorry - I missed this post. I've replied to your 2nd? email - it was buried in my spam folder after I searched for your email as above.

Our Preferred Partners
usREC8rAbWhWue4hpRyRKto62D2E6y1inwDc9GtqsQ4lJ67Jgt1LWpvCZTlhj7lt