bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/3/21 10:22 a.m.

Nothing new to add... just this:

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/28/21 4:21 p.m.

Ok... let's try this again. 

$2200. Includes 17x8 wrapped in 245/40 rs-4's. That's the car, spare engine, trans with lsd, 2 sets of wheels/tires. Car has Ark coilovers, Borla catback, headers, intake, fry brake upgrade, spare pads/rotors. $2200 all in. Sell spare set of wheels and tires for $200 and you've got a ready to roll car for $2k

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
2/28/21 5:49 p.m.

Or worst case someone makes me an offer. Hint hint. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/1/21 7:45 a.m.

Changed the price to a one time offer.... $2k all in.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
3/2/21 2:09 p.m.
bobzilla said:
barefootskater (Shaun) said:

Were I closer...

so all you gotta do is book a flight to Indy on Weds before the challenge, fly in, pack up and drive it down. It's ready to roll. then you're only driving like 2/3 of the way you did last time

I'll trade you a manual v8 thunderbird... potential top ten drag car. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/2/21 2:45 p.m.

I mean, I already have a 78 C10 that's been sitting for 2 years. I don't really need another.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/5/21 6:54 a.m.

Alright fine.... GRM price $1850. This weekend I'll clean it up and post it on Marketplace for $2k. 

BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter)
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/5/21 7:13 a.m.

Maybe if I weren’t “A tall guy trying to wear a helmet.”

frown

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/5/21 7:16 a.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

The biggest issue on that is the headlinder comes down really low. I think the combo race seat and pulling the headliner would make room. or pull all the sunroof bits, glue in a plexiglass replacement and roll.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/21 9:57 a.m.

Just because I'm not fluent in Tib, can you line out some of the specs for us luddites? I went back through an re-read your build thread and got some of these answers but I think it might help others to put it all in one spot. 

v6? displacement? 5/6 gears? easy to tune (hp tuners or similar)? 

Also, since you've got an engine and a trans sitting on the floor, are you able to take some rough weight and size measurements easily?

3/5/21 10:43 a.m.

Hmm. Any chance you could get a rough floor-ceiling measurement?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/5/21 10:52 a.m.

2.7L DOHC V6, 6-spd manual. Stock form was rated 173hp/168tq IIRC, intake/headers/exhaust puts it around 165-170 at the wheels. I can tell you that at Putnam stock RX8 and FRS cannot pull away from the car down the main straight. No tuning is available for this platform. MS would be your only real option. 

Coilovers are from ARK, Korean made for the car with single adjustable dampers. Front brakes are 300mm dual piston calipers for the later XG350/Kia Amanti, rear stock discs with built in ebrake in the caliper. Macstrut all around but that doesnt seem to hinder the car. 

Curb weight as it sits is right around 2900lbs. Wheels are 17x8, tires are 245/40/17 Hankook RS-4's. Second set of tires are no name 17x7.5 wheels wrapped in 225/4517 westlake all season tires 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/5/21 11:16 a.m.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/5/21 11:42 a.m.

So to decipher the photos.... the car itself is right at 51" tall, 68" in track width. The engine is right at 22" in length with the coilpack installed( could be moved for clearance), 24" tall without the intake and 21" wide at the widest point. Transmission is 23" wide at the diff, 15" in length. That trans still has the LSD in it. That engine still has about 8 bent valves. There's anotherintake and good radiator in the shed as well. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/21 11:51 a.m.

thank you. bummer about the 22+15 = 37 inch width of the drivetrain (might be a little big for my idea, I'll check). I think the "track width" is more like 60, since that measurement is from center of wheel to center of wheel. 

But yeah, those measurements are very helpful. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/21 11:54 a.m.
BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) said:

Don't forget this Bob.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/5/21 12:26 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

Don't forget this Bob.

what do you mean "floor to ceiling"? Internally or externally?

Sorry, the job that I put my two weeks notice in is short handed (suprise) and I am running ragged.

3/5/21 12:39 p.m.
bobzilla said:
Stampie (FS) said:

Don't forget this Bob.

what do you mean "floor to ceiling"? Internally or externally?

Sorry, the job that I put my two weeks notice in is short handed (suprise) and I am running ragged.

Oops, should have been more clear.  Just interior height, from the floor around where the seat mounts to the bottom of the roof in the general area where the drivers head would end up.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
3/5/21 2:36 p.m.

Dammit Bob. If I had the money right now I'd be on a plane. There is a remote possibility that I tow the Funderbird to challenge, sell it there, then could swing north to get a Hyundai with the CEL on, but it's likely not possible until 2022 and you'll have sold this by then. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/5/21 4:28 p.m.

Ok... this is from the top of the front seat riser to the headliner. Bottom of the metal roof is another 1.25" above the bottom. 

the rear of the seat floor to headliner is 39"

3/5/21 5:48 p.m.

Thanks. That’s helpful. Gonna have to go sit in the Neon with a helmet on and measure head space.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/6/21 2:37 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon (Forum Supporter) :

Well did you do it yet?

3/6/21 4:32 p.m.

Well, I’m out. Looks like even with a race seat and ditching the sunroof it would probably be too tight to really be comfortable.

Curse my long neck.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/6/21 9:56 p.m.

Just make it a convertible cheeky

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
3/7/21 5:14 p.m.

It's now listed in marketplace. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners