Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
6/15/17 6:52 a.m.

Craigslist

"A one off custom that I just finished. 2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder with a custom fabricated roll cage, custom led lighting, marine speakers, off road wheels and tires and much more. Why am I selling it? Well, quite honestly, I just like building them. I start with an idea, buy a GOOD quality car, then take it apart and spend 2 months rebuilding. Its a hobby. This rear engine 4 cylinder car has a clean title and just over 1300 miles on the rebuilt engine. 5 speed manual transmission and new struts. It is quick and super responsive. Would be a blast on a curvy mountain road or light duty off road use. Street legal (currently tagged) and it has a clean title. Ive got 11 cars so not really interested in a trade unless its really cool. No motorcycles or boats...been there done that. Oh forgot to mention...its got heat, ac, washers, wipers, power mirrors (yes I hooked them back up), etc. All the creature comforts that you give up with a traditional vw rail buggy and its way cooler not to mention quieter. This thing rocks! Trade for old truck or rat rod. "

Why am I tempted?

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/15/17 7:58 a.m.

Inspiration for us all. Hopefully soon I'll have the z3 done up somewhat similarly. Need to start a build thread....

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
6/15/17 8:01 a.m.

That looks like it could be fun, but also poorly built and massively overpriced. I think I'd rather have the pre-hack MR2 and the pile of tubing

AWSX1686
6/15/17 9:25 a.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯:

It would appear that a lot of that tubing is more for show than functionality.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
6/15/17 9:27 a.m.

It's sort a like a bloated Yamaha razr

84FSP
84FSP Dork
6/15/17 9:40 a.m.

Looks like someone forgot to add machine gun turrets for the next Mad Max production.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
6/15/17 9:53 a.m.

Since we're all dumping on it now, I'll also just say that we've already done this better. For $2016. Overnight. In a parking lot.

AWSX1686
6/15/17 10:35 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: Since we're all dumping on it now, I'll also just say that we've already done this better. For $2016. Overnight. In a parking lot.

Are doors a requirement?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/15/17 10:41 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wrote: ...we've already done this better. For $2016. Overnight. In a parking lot. />

LMAO

The0retical
The0retical SuperDork
6/15/17 11:17 a.m.

I'm not fully sure what a lot of that tubing is tied into....

I don't hate it as I thought I would though.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/15/17 5:13 p.m.

I like the color....

karplus2
karplus2 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
6/15/17 9:22 p.m.

Am I missing something? Why would you keep the A/C? I mean, I can understand wanting to have heat so you can have warm air blowing on you on cool nights but I can't imagine that A/C is going to help much with nothing to hold it in the cockpit.

Stefan
Stefan GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/15/17 11:03 p.m.

Often the A/C is not easily removed, especially with serpentine belt solutions.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuperDork
6/16/17 6:12 a.m.

In reply to AWSX1686:

Nope, but if they're missing you need a cage with door bars and a window net for drags, iirc

Jerry
Jerry UltraDork
6/16/17 6:54 a.m.

You guys are harsh. Am I the only one that thinks this is pretty cool? (Maybe pricey but still a cool car that doesn't look that badly done)

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
6/16/17 8:17 a.m.

Its cool, yes. But, that cage is likely not functional, at least, not in a way that I would bet my life on. So, hes taken a perfectly good car, and made it a perfectly mediocre war game cosplay chariot. A for effort, Q for execution.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WRTsXrx276gRZbnl5bd5f95pFv7aH6ba7jBmmyeg5U1QqTIeCqrSr9We50MYrucD