1 2
hmrknocker
hmrknocker New Reader
6/29/20 8:07 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Thank you. I am the owner. I'm in treatment with chemo so having good and not-so-good days, but I'm happy for each day I have.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/29/20 8:19 p.m.

In reply to hmrknocker :

Good attitude and wish you many more of them.

ultraclyde (Forum Supporter)
ultraclyde (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/1/20 11:44 a.m.

Hey all - just to update, the car is still available after the last interested party has decided not to purchase.  Some quotes from his test drive: 

• "I almost E36 M3 myself"
  • "This thing is a monster"
  • "It's faster than my Turbo Porsche."

But it's so well sorted it's still a pleasantly streetable car, too. Private message me if you're interested. Car is currently cleaned up, has a fresh battery, and the ride height has been raised slightly to play well with the street tires and larger MazdaSpeed factory Wheels. There is more documented investment in the motor than the whole car is being sold for, it's a deal for someone.

Also, the owner has decided to go ahead and sell the loose parts listed above instead of giving the car buyer first shot at them. Andrew is first in line on tire/wheel combo and then Jeremy. If you're interested in any of the stuff post up here for pecking order. (or if you really want the car with the full boat of uninstalled track parts, you better jump on it.)

Thanks guys!

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/1/20 5:32 p.m.

I am trying really hard not to buy this.... how streetable is it? Saturday cars and coffee car, plus something you could take to a track day? Paint and body wise how would you rate it? Any interior pictures? It sounds like the perfect track car but built to also be street legal.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
7/1/20 6:06 p.m.

Pm sent....

7/1/20 6:09 p.m.

It's very streetable. Current owner drove it 20+ miles one way to work on nice days. Cars and coffee, weekend twisties in the mountains, nice Friday car...all easily done. Upgraded cooling system built for track duty in South Georgia summers so it's fine in traffic. Currently has A Kirkey seat for the drivers but the original is included. The coil overs are multi adjustable so you can soften it up a little for street and dial it up for track. Ditto on the boost. Currently at 10psi it makes 306 crank HP on the dyno. Turn it down a couple psi and you take the edge off for street duty, turn it up and eat Porsches for lunch on track. 
Car is in great shape. Body and paint are good, interior is nice. I'll see if Hmrknocker can post up some more interior pics. 

also - the car May go on BAT soon if  no one here is interested. You know the BAT price is going to be a lot more than the GRM price. So if you are interested....don't wait too long. 

7/1/20 8:04 p.m.

Sale pending. Thanks for your help and support everyone. 

hmrknocker
hmrknocker New Reader
7/2/20 12:52 p.m.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
7/2/20 1:44 p.m.

Thanks for the pictures, can't wait to get it shipped up here to Maryland, this is such an amazing car. I'll take good care of it!

Dave M (Forum Supporter)
Dave M (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/3/20 5:57 a.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

Well congrats! I'm excited to see this in action at the track....!

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/3/20 10:15 a.m.

I'm glad it's going to a grmer.

7/3/20 2:52 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Me too

dherr (Forum Supporter)
7/11/20 8:19 a.m.

Car arrived yesterday afternoon. Shane is a really cool guy and has built one hell of a car. I don't know why I was concerned about the suspension, it is fine on the street, not much different from any of my other cars (perhaps it is just me). If you stay out of the gas, it drives like any Miata but just a little gas brings the turbo on and when the boost hits it is indeed a monster. It reminds me of my old sport bikes as you can overtake cars at will. I definitely will need to learn the limits and get this out to Summit Point.

Now I have to get it ready for MD State inspection and eventually for emissions testing. Emissions testing will mean rolling back to the stock computer and reinstalling the MAF and injectors so it will play nice with the ODB-2 

Thanks Dave and everyone!

7/11/20 9:41 a.m.

Glad you like it. It definitely makes me happy to see it stay in the 'family.'

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
7/11/20 6:43 p.m.

Love seeing this go to another grmer

hmrknocker
hmrknocker New Reader
7/12/20 7:50 a.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

It was great to meet you DaveH. I couldn't be happier that the Otter went to someone that will enjoy it and give it proper hell on track. The great folks at Flyin' Miata provided tremendous guidance for this build and support over the years. I'm sure the Otter will provide you many, many smiles-per-gallon! Take care.

Shane

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E2p0MDr0dFfIXkv3He80vRhI2irfBiQnrqcb5BBacUffCQgTcSZT6aK2c8m9Zq0h