leegrx7
leegrx7 New Reader
9/10/19 2:58 p.m.

The GRM CHALLENGE  2009 Auto-X  FTD champ  Zamboni is for sale.  Shown here in Competition trim---Parade trim available. This Fabulous Tube Frame Miata has a near 50-50  weight distribution with its front MID-ENGINE layout. Inboard suspension all around, fully adjustable (both bounce and rebound )shocks on all 4 corners, TORSEN diff,  Full cage driver protection, aluminium race seat PS PB-----Nitrous as installed for Challenge  is available (+$100)----see the two championship AUTO-X runs on YOUTUBE---search for :  "GRM challenge 59"---see dramatic  intro at 2007 Challange -Youtube: "GRM $2007 Challenge update"----additional pics available---car is located in Andersonville Tennessee. Has been stored in Heated AC garage the entire timeCar was running fine when parked------was started  and run several times over the years  until fuel ran out. START TUNE? and it is ready to Auto-X, Time-trial , Race and  ENJOY,---Time to clear out some old project cars----selling everything : Comp-car as pictured with Parade trim as seen in GRM feature article VOL 25 #7---a bargain at $1499. includes a set of 4 "trailer wheels"(stock miata) as well as the 4-17x8 Aluminium competition wheels (as pictured) and the "Parade Trim" .--- (nitrous + $100)--- additional, pics of inboard suspension and Parade trim available on request

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
9/10/19 4:08 p.m.

Umm.  OK, i’m interested in this one.  Can you call me at eight 5 nine 6 nine nine eight 3 four 3?

I’m not too far away up in Lexington KY

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
9/10/19 4:28 p.m.

Hot damn I want that. Glad it’s far away from me. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
9/10/19 4:34 p.m.

I, for one, think that the parking lot build for this year should be to get this thing running again and rebody it using whatever we can find on the free section of craigslist.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
9/10/19 5:12 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

Shush, I want this.  There is a kid locally who has been taking too many FTDs and this is what I need to ruin his day.

Robbie
Robbie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
9/10/19 6:14 p.m.

Wow. Awesome!

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
9/10/19 8:54 p.m.

No calls yet.  If email is better i’m Armstrong390 at the yahoo server.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/11/19 8:09 a.m.

Also want. Very, very bad idea for me. But so much want. 

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
9/11/19 8:56 a.m.

We chatted.  I’ll be picking up the car on the 21st.  Should be a fun ride. laugh

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
9/21/19 4:09 p.m.

Here she is on the way home.  Borrowed trailer and a friends’ rental truck.  Lee is a very cool and interesting fellow.  The car is properly weird! laugh

Now to get it running again......

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand Reader
9/24/19 12:06 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Congrats on the purchase! Will we be seeing a build thread for this? I, for one, would love to see some more pictures of the underpinnings and what you plan to do with it. 

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
9/27/19 12:35 p.m.

Wow!  You suck!  This is a very cool find.  I can't wait to see what you do with it.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
9/27/19 8:52 p.m.

I couldn’t deal with the little wheels on it even in the garage.  So here’s a booty shot with the 315-17s mounted.

leegrx7
leegrx7 New Reader
2/2/22 10:45 p.m.

The renamed Zoomboni has found a new caretaker...with Jeremy....in fact IT may be headed to the SCCA auto-X nationals... wishing you the best Jeremy... the zamboni/zoomboni has lots of room for development... the motorcycle shocks are double adjustible and all have very low street miles. HEAVY DUTY SWAY BARS  to replace the stock 1600 miata bars would be a good place to start development....ENJOY..... Lee g.

KyAllroad
KyAllroad MegaDork
2/4/22 9:17 a.m.

In reply to leegrx7 :

Thanks Lee.  It's been a fun ride so far.  I think a E36 M3 (actually one, not the forum edit) front sway bar and some good end links will happen this year.  And probably a hotter cam and rockers to give the motor a bit more top end.  

If it comes back to the Challenge in '22 it will get taller drag slicks and learn how to tune the nitrous (apparently timing is involved).

leegrx7
leegrx7 New Reader
5/3/22 4:43 p.m.

Its great to see the Zoomboni getting the development the team envisioned . We all had a great time building the car and especially developing the over-the-top smoked filled/space odyssey /hockey team unveiling . Keep us posted on your development efforts. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Nnl31tqB47Jx51nRFpo5AGAXWsj0Hx8NDlLotUdg1mQ9EcV31J0LfUES8q9nbqQW