BadPax
BadPax New Reader
10/27/21 10:45 p.m.

Two 1925 Jewett Automobiles from my father's estate with a disassembled parts car.  First one is a 1925 Jewett 2 door sedan that has been partially disassembled as my father was starting restoration.  The entire interior woodwork framing has been replaced.  The body is not currently mounted to the chassis, but the chassis has been blasted and painted.  

The second 1925 Jewett is a touring car.  This car has an interesting history, it was used to haul ore out a mine in Idaho back in the day.  The back of the car was cutoff to make it El-Camino-ish.  A second transmission was added behind the original for extra gearing.  There is a replacement back-half sheetmetal that could be grafted on to put car back to original.  This car is intact but needs complete restoration, not sure if motor is free or not.

There is a third parts car that is completely disassembled, I think it was probably a touring car as well.  There is not much of the main body remaining from this car, but there is an extra frame and fenders and engine.

Cars are located in eastern Washington State.  I really have no idea of what the value is, I am accepting offers.  I have not found titles for these cars yet.  My dad has owned these since around 1979, they were stored inside while his newer cars were left out in the elements.   Would like these to find a good home.  Not sure how to attach photos here, but can send photos. If interested please email gould4033@yahoo.com, please put 'Paige Jewett' in title so I know it is not spam.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/21 5:41 a.m.

Emailed for photos so that I can put them up for you.

128racecar
128racecar Reader
10/28/21 8:36 a.m.

Regarding the second car that was modified to haul ore, it is ironic that Harry Jewett made his fortune in the mining industry:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/1926-jewett-deluxe/

Marc in Indy

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/21 7:22 p.m.

Some pictures that BadPax sent me.  He hopes to have better ones soon.

BadPax
BadPax New Reader
10/28/21 8:18 p.m.

Thanks for posting the pictures for me Stampie.  I had not made the mining connection with Harry Jewett before, that makes the mining history of the car more interesting.  I would welcome input on value of these cars.  I know they are rare, but that does not translate to value, especially with condition of the vehicles.  I need to get them sold and out of my dad's shop so we can sell his house.  

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
10/28/21 10:24 p.m.

Checked my past auction information, I've got no sales listed for any model of Jewett in the last ten years. 

I'd have to say the value is what someone is willing to pay for them, they would probably need to go to an enthusiast who wants to tackle it. A professional restoration would put someone upside-down on value, pretty much forever.

Your best bet might be to advertise them on the AACA forum.

Here is a listing for a complete Jewett Touring for sale: https://forums.aaca.org/topic/367620-for-sale-1925-jewett-touring-car-6500-lochbuie-co-project-not-mine/

Very cool and interesting cars, I certainly hope you can find a good home for them with someone who can devote the time and effort. Looks like a lot of hard work has been put in already.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WbigyXSKpPTARGloQWqxhCLEiqvUxqpWIj1CwIkNnZyhhnvTaI6JrSNOOlGhaHGB