Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/13/23 1:20 p.m.

Build thread:

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/lol-what-is-patrick-up-to-this-time/158697/page1/

car is exactly as i left off, minus the stolen for the Wartburg ignition switch. 75 bus 2.0 with empi intake, new weber clone, new flywheel and clutch. Currently 1 cyl has stuck rings, mmo soak as shown in build thread freed up the others.  Yeah there's some questionable welding, but there's a lot to work with. Comes with some extra stuff and the Y part of a 58 bug tunnel with the serial number and matching title in my name, which can be signed to you and done with as you please.

$1500 includes delivery(with a $500 deposit because I'm berkeleyed if you don't show up and I have to figure out how to get 2 vehicles home) TO THE CHALLENGE OR ALONG THE FOLLOWING ROUTE SOUTH: Akron Ohio down 77 to 26 to 95. 

Patrick
5/14/23 11:52 a.m.

jfc someone buy this thing so I don't have to deal with dolts on marketplace or CL. 

partial trades of non vehicles considered. 

metty
metty Reader
5/15/23 8:34 a.m.

What is the front wheel situation? still sketchy hub mount wagon wheels? 

trying to figure out a place to stash this, im right off 77 north of charlotte...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
5/15/23 8:57 a.m.

In reply to metty :

When you say stash, do you mean temporarily for a couple of days until you sorted out, or do you mean a longer term kind of thing? If it's only a couple of days we can dump it at my house for you in Albemarle. But I already got too much E36 M3 away so I can't keep it very long

Patrick
5/15/23 1:08 p.m.

It still has the sketchy hub mount wheels but i have sourced super beetle disc spindles, calipers, abutments, and wheels. it would require swapping the kingpin front bits out, but it all comes with. There's also an extra steering box. Both the fiberglass seats it came with and the plastic race buckets i bought also come with it. I'm slightly flexible on price if it is a decision made quickly because we're leaving next Wednesday morning and I need to play car tetris to get it out, so if someone said Tuesday night "bring it down" it can't feasibly happen. 

metty
metty Reader
5/15/23 1:58 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

i mean for like a month until i can get my MG out of the shop

Dusterbd13-michael
5/15/23 2:08 p.m.

In reply to metty :

I can work with that as long as it's a roller that doesn't need to be indoors

Patrick
5/15/23 2:35 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I can wrap the carb and distributor with heavy plastic. I'd prefer to drop it in Cornelius and not detour to albemarle but if we have to do that we can make it work. 

Dusterbd13-michael
5/15/23 2:38 p.m.

That works. Otherwise it just gets a tarp thrown over when it gets pushed out behind the carport. Just trying to do what I can to help facilitate a sale between awesome people

Patrick
5/15/23 2:49 p.m.

In reply to metty :

Text me three three oh 242 zero 77 one if you want to make it work because forum messages go to spam for me constantly 

metty
metty Reader
5/16/23 10:35 a.m.

i was fully shot down by both my wife and my two local car-enabler "friends" so i am out. i want it bad but not bad enough to cause marital strife

Patrick
5/16/23 12:47 p.m.

that's what happened to the other guy in NC who wanted it laugh

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
5/17/23 7:14 a.m.

Did the Manx clone body get spoken for? If they can go together, I'm interested. 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/17/23 7:31 a.m.

If only i wasnt underwater in projects. Ive wanted a dune buggy forever and thats a smokin price. 

Patrick
5/17/23 2:30 p.m.

The manx clone body is the parking lot build otherwise i'd have happily packaged everything together 

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
5/17/23 7:03 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Shame. Thanks. 

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/20/23 10:55 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

VW Buggy

Not a traditional Manx body but still a $200 buggy body.  

Patrick
5/21/23 9:34 a.m.

Last call $1100 say yes and send me a deposit before 10pm today and it goes on the trailer tomorrow. Speak now or forever hold your pee

I want the space more than I want to not lose my ass on the sunk cost fallacy 

TJL (Forum Supporter)
TJL (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/21/23 9:53 a.m.

Someone has to pick this up. If i had gotten rid of the crap i was supposed to sell, i'd be all over this. 

Patrick
5/22/23 1:42 p.m.

In reply to TJL (Forum Supporter) :

i would love someone to pick it up, but no takers. I'll deal with it after I get back, it can continue to be a shelf for now.

it's now $1100 picked up at my house after we get back, and whoever buys it helps me squeeze it out of the garage. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rdtfmu9mXIMNJRBrb9OdL5iZ3OB5F07lXOhMmQYDnb4ATUqBQtWGiIjILqnewYaO