yamainwrench
yamainwrench None
10/17/22 5:01 p.m.

Feeler post but definitely would act on something good! Some friends and I are looking for a cross kart, pretty much open to anything, we just want something we can share and get into entry level events with reliably. The closer to the tail of the dragon the better! thanks a bunch! :)

ojannen
ojannen Reader
10/17/22 5:12 p.m.

If you have 50 grand, I can point you in the right direction: https://www.sierra-cars.com/700rx/

What kind of events do you want to run?

yamainwrench
yamainwrench New Reader
10/17/22 5:31 p.m.

ouch that one hurts me right in my wallet! definitely need something about a tenth of that price! we're just wanting something we can do local SCCA autocross and rallycross with.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/18/22 8:25 a.m.

Not something that pops up for sale often. But you might find a "Baja SAE" project from a college.

Or a slightly opposing vehicle choice, not sport bike powered and a bit heavier, NA Miata cart with a Paco lift kit? But could likely be done in budget. 

ojannen
ojannen Reader
10/18/22 9:50 a.m.

In the sub $10K range, find a Legends car with an older engine.  Engines are sealed for roundy-round competition but that doesn't matter if you are running parking lot events.  You can unseal them and fix things.

Install road racing suspension arms so it can turn left and right, and you should have a fun car.  You will eventually want two different sets of tires to run the two events.  Trying to one run set in gravel and on tarmac will chew up the tires pretty quickly.

It runs in F Modified in autocross and Constructor 2wd drive in rallycross.  Check with your local rallycross region before you buy to make sure the roll cage is ok.   You should be ok but you don't want a surprise day off on your first event.

Shawnsemog
Shawnsemog New Reader
9/8/23 2:45 p.m.

In reply to yamainwrench :

Are you still in the market for a crisskart ?

jonnyd330
jonnyd330 Reader
9/11/23 12:06 p.m.

I am interested in one. 

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
9/11/23 12:15 p.m.

Shawn -- are you bringing Semog karts to the USA?

Shawnsemog
Shawnsemog New Reader
9/21/23 11:52 a.m.

In reply to yamainwrench :

I have 2 in v.a if your interested Semog Bravo

Or call me 804 536 2390

Go to semogracing.com And you can check out some videos on YouTube also

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vgM9FdiphHRQQL3zyBmpESSrJgPWTzXvXFKTTIiq0ETcJEsD5ZVs0SE9L9a4lt9R