yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/11/21 4:07 p.m.

Can y'all find any in Texas lol

Curtis73 (Forum Supporter)
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/11/21 6:10 p.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

Marketplace - 2021 Cynergy 8.5x24 | Facebook ....Ad says Chicago and trailer is in Georgia......

May be an image of vehicle

Those cynergy trailers are all over FB.  The fact that they are all brand new trailers, there are multiples of the same ad with different prices (one of them said "any trailer $4000") for a trailer that SHOULD cost $10k, I'm a little skeptical.

Too convenient that they are less than half the price of other trailers and they're located 1000 miles away.  Smells scammy.  Cynergy's website is very sparse and doesn't even list this type of trailer for sale.

3/11/21 6:13 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

The blue Haulmark is still available, but the white one sold by the time I clicked on it.

3/11/21 6:25 p.m.

I think I need to just give up on this for now.  Stuff is selling way high before I can even click the link.

Don49 (Forum Supporter)
Don49 (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/11/21 8:13 p.m.

Check Philly Craigslist. 37' gooseneck cheap!

3/11/21 8:37 p.m.
Don49 (Forum Supporter) said:

Check Philly Craigslist. 37' gooseneck cheap!

That's great... but it will be towed by this:

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/11/21 10:49 p.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:
03Panther said:

In reply to Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) :

I told my wife (she of the dry wit...) you wanted one dented up with bald tires; before I could finish, she said "we can add some dents, and throw some old tires on it if that's what he wants.. 'long as he still pays the price..." surprise

She sounds like a keeper.

I didn't marry till I was 45... Blessed enough to find someone as odd as me!

Campground parked me next to a lady that had pulled her own camper to the job. She was working tool room, and actually knows tools (not just a boss's wife or girlfriend.) I mentioned my hot rod has a radiator from a 353 GenSet - she replied "oh, Detroit engine." Next think I know I'm married and lifing in Alabam.!

Since the trailer we might sell is hers, I don't know if she would allow me to do it or not, but I'D be interested in a 6 spd. as a partial trade towards ours...

3/12/21 8:15 a.m.

I met my now-ex wife while driving my 66 Bonneville.  She said "nice... 65 or 66?"  I knew right then she was either my future wife or a lesbian.  Turns out, both were true.  She became my wife until she figured out the lesbian part.

You have my interest piqued on the trade part.  Tell me more about the trailer?  I saw the "punishment" post.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/12/21 8:31 a.m.

I don't own an enclosed trailer but what I read here says to buy new because used ain't that much cheaper. 

Earlier posted there was a trailer, new which was listed in Chicago but the add stated it is in Georgia.  I suspect the manufacturer is in Georgia and the Chicago dealer is selling it cheap but only because you then have to go to the manufacturer and pick it up yourself.  The dealer saves all the shipping costs. 

See if you can work this type of deal on a trailer where you pick it up in return for savings.  Many trailers are manufactured in Georgia and Northern Indiana. I know Haulmark is in Northern Indiana. 

3/12/21 9:37 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

My concern is that the Cynergy Trailers website shows nothing that looks like the cynergy trailers I see on FB.

The other concern is that one person (presumably a dealer) is selling the same trailer with the same photos for very different prices in Baltimore, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly, and other places.

I also find it hard to believe that the dealer is saving $6000 of shipping on a $10k trailer which lets him sell it for $4000 plus $1k shipping.  Still, worth a look and I'll send a message, but it drips of a scam.  I have a feeling I would forward the $4000 to someone in Chicago and get a runaround on why Covid is delaying things, and three months later the FB account will be deleted and the "seller" would have my money in Aruba as he dreams up his next scam.

I suppose I could contact Cynergy directly and ask if it's legit.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/12/21 9:56 a.m.

Doesn't have to be that guy or that brand the general recommendation was to negotiate price where you provide the transportation. 

That one could be scam. 

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/12/21 10:04 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

Marketplace - 2013 Hualmark Cargo trailer | Facebook........Ohio , so closer.

Wow... that one sold quick, but I guess the $5000 asking price explains why. 

3/12/21 10:11 a.m.
Curtis73 (Forum Supporter) said:

I suppose I could contact Cynergy directly and ask if it's legit.

So that's exactly what I did.  I got ahold of someone who was ticked that I wasn't a dealer (maybe don't put your phone number on your website then?) and they confirmed that the seller is legit.

Now to research why Cynergy trailers are half the cost of every other trailer on the market.... I mean, how bad could they be, right? indecision

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/12/21 9:14 p.m.

Good to know that this picture did not come out "squished"... 'course it it so long it needs to be. The 26' trailer almost looks small behind that!

Nose to tail that's almost 75 feet. about 10' longer than a semi w/sleeper and 53' trailer. The night of the wheel adventure, I had pulled into a full truckstop, way too tired to be safe moving on. Although not in a designated spot, I did walk around and make sure I was blocking no one from getting around, or out of where they were parked. I've driven freight for a living a few times, so I know what a driver needs. They did have to slow down a bit coming around the back corner of the lot; I guess that pissed some hot head off!

I can back that into a three wide space; maybe two wide if I had to, but it will not fit into a single wide space!

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/12/21 9:19 p.m.

My wife did find the invoice from when we had it built - all the company's in Douglas GA are about the same.

Company is still on the web; don't know if Matt is still there, but he was easy enough to deal with. Price out a new one with him and that other company, and see what shakes out

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/12/21 9:32 p.m.

Mine now has 6000 lb axles, and a air ride setup that does help it not sag when loaded. I was disappointed that empty, letting the air out does not change ride height, but it workes ok. Came with 15" load range D tires on black rims and 5200 lb axles. I bought some load range F tires, and mounted on a set of steel airstream rims I painted hammered black. Two left me during the adventure, and now has gray steel powdercoated 15" load range E. One hub of each side was damaged... fortunately was the port fwd wheel, and the starboard rear that went away. Amazingly, the trailer tracked quite well. I unloaded the truck and hauled trailer a few miles down the road to a trailer place that did the upgrades while we went on to the job. By the time I saw I had the problem, the U bolts had ground off, and one side of each axle was "floating" around... but tracked good none the less.

Very blessed that no one got killed during that fiasco.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/12/21 9:37 p.m.

They got the springs on the ramp gate balanced / adjusted perfect. Lifts back up effortlessly.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/12/21 9:41 p.m.

I don't mind giving more pictures of the inside, but...

Lots of unloading to do, someday!

No damage to the interior though, and a few extra tiedowns and track have been added in floor.

3/13/21 9:05 a.m.

It always fascinated me how industries stick to an area.

Douglas GA is just where you build trailers.
DelMarVa is where you grow chickens
Elkhart IN is where you build RVs.
Michigan is where you build cars.

I understand why you grow corn and soybeans in the midwest, or why you grow more beef in CA and TX, but what makes those places so perfect for their chosen industries?

Panther... I'm going to PM you.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/13/21 2:00 p.m.

I started a reply from dm, but my phone does not like my email... I don’t know if the partial sent or not. 

Im actually going back to bed for a bit but will email ya from my tablet when I get up again

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/13/21 8:35 p.m.

When we upgraded the axles / springs, this is the air suspension we added. Not what I was hoping it to be, but does help with the heavy loads it has seen. 

Lippert Center Point tandem air ride from  e-trailer...

Air ride

I don't know if this link attached directly Fourm changes will not let me right click/paste anymore.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/13/21 8:38 p.m.

BTW, just cause I'm a glutton for punishment, how much has the PA tin worm attacked the branger? Do you have a link for a sale ad, or still in the thinking about it stage?

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/13/21 10:56 p.m.

I've got a 24' 10,000 GVW I'll sell for $4500. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/13/21 11:07 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Buy his, Curtis! That's a great deal. 

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/14/21 3:20 a.m.
SVreX (Forum Supporter) said:

I've got a 24' 10,000 GVW I'll sell for $4500. 

Details/pics

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
alrXHvuMhiIaDe0DYIPExt4CjPK0n9JrmU8070qzV1CETdC9bJvev7DvpSGfS9Op