accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/3/20 9:24 a.m.

Hey guys, I've been looking for a close-ish to me Miata roller for a project. No engine or trans necessary. I have sub frames to make it roll depending on how much of it is missing. A straight frame is important!

Near Nashville, TN!

Thanks!

AaronT
AaronT New Reader
5/3/20 9:50 a.m.

I've got a Silver '90 that isnt running. 

Clean title

Motor and trans are both there.

Located in Asheville, NC

Looking for $500 GRM price.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
5/3/20 11:34 a.m.

I'll have an NA shell pretty soon, might be interested in trading it for an NB shell though. 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/4/20 9:40 a.m.

In reply to AaronT :

Asheville is a bit further than I was hoping to travel. I just got a lead on one locally that looks promising, but I'll keep you in mind if it bombs! I have wanted to visite Asheville again (though maybe when this actually blows over...)

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

Ah, well - keep me updated - though PA is fairly far too.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/8/20 6:41 p.m.

Miata roller aquired! Thanks AaronT!

AaronT
AaronT New Reader
5/8/20 9:12 p.m.

Happy to see it go to a good home and a fun future!

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
5/8/20 9:15 p.m.

$500 bucks is a steal on that. I am jealous! laugh

Do you know why it doesn't run?

Man, that looks great for $500.  I’d love to find one like that for an ls1 swap.  Congrats to both of you :).  

AaronT
AaronT New Reader
5/8/20 9:31 p.m.

In reply to Bent-Valve (FS) :

Short nose crank wobble had started to set in. I mistakenly replaced the radiator cap with a cap that had the wrong pressure spring so it popped a hose and leaked fluid. I was parking in the driveway when it happened so the motor is still good, probably. 

I made a list of things it needed which included the loctite mod for the crank wobble and timing belt/water pump.

And then I figured that this project in a condo is more than I was prepared to take on. Lesson learned, and instead of dealing with craigslist or fb marketplace shenanigans I'm happy to move it on to someone who will give it a new life as a race car.

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/8/20 11:00 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

I like your tow vehicle of choice. How does it do pulling the dolley? 

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
5/9/20 8:52 a.m.

In reply to spacecadet (Forum Supporter) :

It's a fairly good tow critter with that kind of weight behind it. I put premium in it, which Mazda claims gives you another 25hp and usually flip it into manual shift so it doesn't go hunting gears through the mountains, but I can run with or go faster than traffic. That tow dolly has surge brakes which helps a ton. Adaptive cruise is a life saver and the blind spot monitor/lane centering assist makes it go along really nicely. An odd, but pleasant tow pig. I did 600 miles round trip yesterday through the mountains, 0 problems. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0UW9B7xuUKvjq8c21ZANfVBcC17SUSAtLwCAd9UHMsmwEiRYZ5cOViF6pRYMnBI6