ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
1/25/20 8:05 a.m.

That's a really cool car. I'm not sure you'd be able to sell it in my corner of the country for what you're asking, but I also think the price isn't really unreasonable either.  That's a pretty rare beast in that condition.  GLWS!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/25/20 8:36 a.m.

Wonder how many were made in that color.

Hasbro
Hasbro SuperDork
1/25/20 8:47 a.m.

I don't remember ever seeing a red one. My Dad had a 66? and a 68. The 66 would sceech the first two gears. 

tip
tip New Reader
1/25/20 10:49 a.m.
ultraclyde said:

That's a really cool car. I'm not sure you'd be able to sell it in my corner of the country for what you're asking, but I also think the price isn't really unreasonable either.  That's a pretty rare beast in that condition.  GLWS!

Yeah I had a hard time settling on a price for this car.  Riviera prices seem to be all over the map.  Bringatrailer wants me to do a no reserve auction but I'm just not ready for that yet

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/25/20 1:34 p.m.
tip said:
ultraclyde said:

Yeah I had a hard time settling on a price for this car.  Riviera prices seem to be all over the map.  Bringatrailer wants me to do a no reserve auction but I'm just not ready for that yet

I sold a L98 swapped Jaguar XJ-S on BaT with a very modest reserve and was very happy with everything. I would ask them about that. They have fantastic market reach. I'm also in WA and my car went to Jacksonville FL.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
1/25/20 7:43 p.m.

Where are you located?  Might send this to my dad. 

Edit just noticed the WA in the subject. Pretty sure he won't buy cross country. 

tip
tip New Reader
1/25/20 9:31 p.m.
Stampie said:

Edit just noticed the WA in the subject. Pretty sure he won't buy cross country. 

No problem.  If you do just let him know I'll work with a shipper to the best of my ability.

Edited the OP to reflect the location

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/26/20 9:58 a.m.
Stampie said:

I'm about 1.5 hours south of the OP if you want eyes on it.

tip
tip New Reader
3/16/20 7:36 a.m.

Price drop bump, now at $11,000

ozzyrida85
ozzyrida85
4/13/20 6:31 a.m.

hi there,I am down in Australia.I really like rivieras,and now Im 64 the car you have would suit me. I  not a dealer or any kind of restorer,yet am an ex bike racer,so can do mech repairs,and have a few good old bikes,plus a couple of fairly rare cars from eighties,so would you consider either,swap,or work out how to let me pay for it in segments.Id have to come and get it I think,and that will be a while,with the disease about.Here in OZ right now we havent even got any air services, and the borders areSHUT.Theyve locked us in,and its abit like martial law/(home detention,from $1000 up to fines of$16500for unecessary travel. Only61 total deaths though,and 98percent are over70yrs

drock25too
drock25too New Reader
4/19/20 11:07 a.m.

Beautiful ride. I  had a black vinyl over white 65. Should have never let it go. Not a bad price, but  my wife said if I bring another car home, she's going to get a chimpanzee. 

tip
tip New Reader
5/5/20 8:00 a.m.

SOLD

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ztkAtiXpIFWe8OlqyaUFlXgy6NgWq5Ci5YuJrQ9jZIybVP3kP5uscsda9gRQYfi2