RyanTyler
RyanTyler New Reader
9/3/19 9:26 a.m.

My temperature gauge doesn't say the car is overheating but maybe the transmission is?

There is a tube connected to my transmission, it's suppose to be an air vent tube.
There is transmission fluid leaking out of it when I am driving.

It gets really bad when I drive on the highway.  reverse phone lookup

It's gotten even hotter because of the summer so now I have to put half a quart of transmission (Valvoline Full Synthetic) every week.
I know the transmission is leaking because I can smell it; it's a very potent smell. I also put a bottle to the end of the tube so it catches all the fluid that leaks out. nba reddit

The car slips from 4th to 3rd gear on the highway and after driving a while the car won't be able to shift down to first gear so it stays on second gear when driving slow.

Years ago the car got hit from the front and the radiator and condenser got pushed in slightly.  pcpartpicker

My temperature guage doesn't say the car is overheating but maybe the transmission is?

I have changed the transmission fluid in the past, but I have no idea what liquid the mechanics have put in there.

I decided to go to the dealer a few days ago expecting they would put Hyundai SPIII, but the mechanic their put

Chevron Fully Synthetic.

They said they put a little extra, so when I started driving some of it leaked out.

I haven't had to drive anywhere in a while because of this hurricane business, but I'm expecting the next time I go on the highway it will leak out more. So I bought some Lucas Transmission Fix to add to it when I see about a quart has gone.

I am also thinking of replacing the condenser and the radiator, but I wonder if I should just flush the coolant or just go ahead and start getting quotes for transmission rebuilds.

Any information will be helpful and much appreciated. Thank you.

purplepeopleeater
purplepeopleeater Reader
9/3/19 1:14 p.m.

Maybe pay a pro to actually diagnose the problem?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
I0hEXUsyi0GRuN9dG86HHTRl9V7lL6Aa0fcoPaUDzop5Q08agFFTy8PCL40VYWZG