Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/26/22 3:45 p.m.

Sponsored content presented by Canepa.

Since this 1966 Porsche 912 rolled off the assembly line, it’s only covered 15,423 miles. That’s less than 300 miles a year.

That’s not all, though. The car is almost entirely original: engine, gearbox, exterior paint, interior, chrome and more.

Recent mechanical sorting included rebuilding the carbs, servicing the brakes and replacing all four tires.

Find this 1966 Porsche 912 for sale from Canepa. Price available upon application.

joeymec
joeymec New Reader
9/27/22 12:18 p.m.

Always liked the early 912's.  Plenty of pep but not a 911!   Clean lines, elegant look not like the later model 911's.  45+ years ago, I found one  that ran decent for $1100.  I said "Wow!  I could afford that and do all the work myself !"    It needed front fenders.....fenders back then were $600 apiece!  Yikes!

So much for my attempt at getting a 912!  Of course If I did do it and kept it as long as this car has survived in its original condition... it would be worth a good penny today!   Porsche's were never in my wheelhouse....cashwise...

Unfortunately, this car because of its history, cannot be a driver to enjoy regularly... (unless the guy who buys it has unlimited funds!).  Looks like it will have to remain a museum collector piece.   smiley

rdstr
rdstr New Reader
9/27/22 12:37 p.m.

4 speed or 5 speed?

Colin Wood
Colin Wood Associate Editor
9/27/22 2:15 p.m.

In reply to rdstr :

Five-speed according to the seller.

Don2001l
Don2001l New Reader
1/12/23 6:42 p.m.

Um, maybe that speedo has rolled over once ?

"During the following years of ownership, Mr. Reynolds drove his 912 regularly. The vehicle’s service was done according to the original service book at the Gardner Motor Inc dealership, where the dealer stamped the original service book and signed off on the 912. 

In comparison to the 911, the 912 only had 20 less horsepower, but in return, boasted a 200lb difference in weight savings. Aside from being lighter, the 912 also featured better weight distribution leading to an incredible Porsche driving experience. This vehicle was and is beyond the status quo, and just really fun to drive.

Through the years, Mr. Reynolds would drive the 912 less as his family grew, and it became his weekend car, which he drove along the California highways in his hometown of Reedley, CA. "

Seems odd, an almost 50 year old Regularly driven car with 15,000 miles.  So did drive it regularly but only for a few hundred feet ...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
CFvqEzjUAwhj8RCNRebjJ52AVvtckrZXKmhmuFuzoT3d1jdRgxL4apqiqj7wQrpj