1 2
RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
4/3/21 11:27 a.m.

Guy somewhat local to me is trying to clear his warehouse of four MM's and tons of parts.

I do not have enough cash for all of them but really want the 1/4 ton PU for myself.

The split window convertible is very nearly a runner, the Woody is a real project, the four door is solid but a project.

If it matters I thought any of these but maybe the convertible could be had for under challenge money at this point. WRONG, he's still wanting what I see as fairly high prices.

I can move them to my place for storage until someone is ready to come get what they want if there is interest.

Trying to work this out so that they do not end up as scrap when the warehouse sells and has to be cleared. That could literally be Monday.

Yes I know, "scrap" and "for sale" do not seem to go together, but when you sell a warehouse building it has to be cleared out ASAP. So it's all for sale until it's too late to save them.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
4/3/21 12:18 p.m.

I just emailed my buddy that is putting a convertible together in the SF Bay area , 

i will see what he needs and let you know 

Danny Shields (Forum Supporter)
Danny Shields (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/6/21 10:44 a.m.

Richard, good luck with that Minor pickup, and I hope you can help save all those cars. It is like a litter of puppies that need homes. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
4/6/21 11:06 a.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

I'm interested in the woodie.   That will make it the 7th Morris Minor Woodie I'll have owned.   I assume the wood is shot?  How bad is the metal rusted ? 

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
4/9/21 9:47 p.m.

It's been almost a week; any update or pictures?

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
5/26/21 11:33 p.m.

Thought I had missed out on this but seems they are still available for a couple more weeks.

Building has a new owner coming in so the need to move these has become very urgent. I am trying to sell my large CAT forklift, if that works out I will try to buy and relocate the whole pile. 

I cannot keep them all, so the PU becomes my 'This HAS to be the final project" and the convertible becomes Mom's DD. That means the Traveler and 4-door would go up for sale ASAP to recover some funds. 

If I do get this worked out I will become the King of Morris parts but it will take a while to inventory them. My own storage space is tight so I will be letting this stuff go pretty cheap.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
5/30/21 6:37 p.m.

Got some cash and made an offer that I knew was a bit low but all I could reasonably afford.

No go, yet. Might still be a deal if nobody else offers more before he has to clear the building. Hard part here is going to be holding onto my quicksilver (Liquid cash) for several days. There is an MGA Coupe for sale reasonably cheap.

If I could find someone who wants the Traveler or 4-door and parts to complete them this would be a lot easier. Seems the Traveler has some NOS doors and other goodies. The 4-door is very rare in the U.S. and perfect for the guys who want a classic but have a couple of kids.

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
5/30/21 10:14 p.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

How much for the traveler? Any pictures?

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
5/31/21 12:46 a.m.

Roller with pretty much everything to complete except some wood. Some new wood included. Turns out copies of the original drawings for the wood are available at only $30.00 Or just order all new wood from England for "Only" $2,500.00. There are a LOT of spares to go with this car including NOS doors. There is a rebuilt engine still on the stand in the pile of parts, I really want to get the whole pile and sort through it. I would let the rebuilt engine go with the woody if it lets me get the PU for myself.

Price? Serious offer, I need to be able to raise my offer to him significantly or will miss the deal entirely. Not sure I can convince myself to meet his asking price for just the pick up since it is a basket case.

I will be speaking to him again mid-week. The closer to deadline the more negotiable he may become, to a point. Others are also trying to make a deal, he turned down my cash offer which was a bit low but not really stupidly low for project cars.

Oh, and yes, a Miata swap goes in pretty easily, it should since I have seen MM's with BB Chevies in them. wink

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
5/31/21 9:50 a.m.

How rusty is it underneath? Put a number on what a 'serious' offer would be.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/1/21 7:04 p.m.

In reply to Racingsnake :

Dealing directly with the seller an offer around $4K. He really needs these gone but is not ready to give them away.

CA car as rust-free as you will ever find. Includes pretty much everything to complete the restoration but a couple of pieces of wood. A strait bonnet, glass, interior, and much more will be included.

I tried to PM/Email you and it bounced, please send me a direct email link so that I may send you his phone number.

Not sure where you are located, if necessary I may end up hauling everything to my place for storage. No problem to then pick it up here. Even better if you pick it up in CA and save me one trip.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
6/1/21 8:29 p.m.

My buddy probably still needs the Morris bumpers and valences we talked about a few months ago , 

I talked with the owner but his "guy" never got back to me , so if you end up with the pile of spares let me know, 

cheers

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
6/2/21 9:37 a.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

Thanks , probably not a bad deal but a bit more than I can swing at the moment. Good luck with your deal.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/2/21 11:23 a.m.

I think $3,500 might do it, maybe as little as $3,000. He is under a time constraint.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/6/21 6:58 p.m.

Convertible is sold, to me. The new DD for Mom and I. 

Has to be more reliable than a 91 Buick since there are no computers or GM Bean Counters involved. ;) 

Pick-up is next buy, as soon as I sell a couple of other cars.

Woody and 4-door still available.

In reply to RichardSIA :

You're probably tired of me asking, but if your Europa ends up for sale please let me know!!!

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/7/21 10:37 a.m.

Sorry, only way the Europa goes is if I end up in a wheel-chair or dead. Took me decades to get one, and the "Gordini/Webers" makes it just what I always wanted.

In reply to RichardSIA :

Same here Richard. I keep looking, but yours is pretty much the exact car I want. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/7/21 5:00 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

So if something untimely happens to Richard the police are coming for you first.

In reply to Stampie :

Nah, I'm not desperate for one!

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/7/21 9:48 p.m.

Seller is sending me an email with a lot of Woody pics.

I will sort and resize before posting a few. If that piques anyones interest I can send direct contact info.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/10/21 10:39 p.m.

Seller sent whole lot of additional pics. Way too many to  post here. Lots of detail shots, this is a very good chassis  with very little if any rust and a nice strait chassis. Send me your email and I will send pics directly.

Here are a few.

Engine bay, one of several.

Back seat, hint at headliner.

I cannot get the headliner pic to download but it looks Very clean, possibly replaced. All of his cars have OR titles.

Dash.Floor.Door sill.

Last time I had a Morris was around forty years ago. Back then they were not that old and rust was not much of an issue in CA. I have several more detail pics of the engine bay, wheel wells, and other area's that I think were taken to show lack of rust. I also have a some that I am unable to download for posting but the seller could send them to you directly.

Let me know your offer and I will pass it along, worst he will say is no, might say yes. I got the convertible at a pretty good price.

Don't forget, he also has a very rare in the U.S. four door. Just because you reproduce does not mean you should have to give up all classic cars.

Seller says he has 98% of everything needed to restore this car, including some new and some good wood.  Best to talk to him directly, I can send his number.

I've Sold Out, signed my soul over to the Devil, putting FiTech F.I. on my truck in the probably vain hope of improved mileage. No matter what else I do the truck still weighs 6K pounds.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/15/21 10:30 a.m.

Well, the FiTech is behaving like a Fuel-Infection unit, ran great then just quit. Now the plugs are black and wet, grrrrr!

On the Morris Minors, unless someone acts quick all the cars and parts are headed back to Jolly Old! I do not have the cash to grab the PU, would have liked to get more of the parts too. Once the gent in U.K. makes payment it will be too late for anyone in the U.S.

Will be working on the truck today so that I may get the Convertible and spares ASAP.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
6/15/21 5:23 p.m.

I feel your pain on the Fitech. Mine lives on the shelf cause it was manic at best. It was, however, a forced learning curve on EFI, so I am grateful for that. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
6/15/21 6:20 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

Well, the FiTech is behaving like a Fuel-Infection unit, ran great then just quit. Now the plugs are black and wet, grrrrr!

Um, you didn't buy a FiTech fuel injection kit, thinking it wasn't fuel injected, did you?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1aEyQcev7xuk8avDlOSNcJC2cfrnnuWzVFvHCz3myXj1Rb0COHVAViJWnjP9Kctf