1 2
RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/15/21 10:45 p.m.

Should know better than to adopt even a hint of "Modern Tech"! Should know better than to let 'Net based claims get to me.

I would really like a fuel system that does not have to be manually adjusted when going from below sea level to 9000'. This is just the support truck, so a basic F.I. should make life simpler, but instead is trying to catch on fire.

I have a plan for in the morning, start with the basics. If that does not work I will put a carb back on. At least the carb RAN, and did not emit flames.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/17/21 4:20 p.m.

OT to the original subject but re-flashing the FiTech system with current software instead of 2017 appears to have helped a lot. Corrupted files?

Still running rich and IAC is way off, no chance I get to just pay for a tune at $550 for the session. Also the truck is too wide for the local Dyno's.

But at least it is no longer catching on fire. From here I "Should" be able to sort it out. Have to get it done as I have three cars to pick up and none are local.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/17/21 9:49 p.m.

Morris Minor are NOT all sold, yet.

U.K. guy has not sent funds or a container yet, and only a week remains. So NOW is the time to make your offer even if it is a bit low.

FiTech on my truck is almost good to go after a software update, still trying to tweak the IAC down a bit.

Hope to go after my Convertible this weekend.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/21/21 1:18 a.m.

Got the Convertible home, still have to unload it from the truck.

Took some pics of the PU, Woody, and 4-door. All very solid and no front frame damage. Excellent floors, very much rust free cars. All are total restorations, the 4-door has a complete drive-train in it and is very complete except seats. There are a dozen core engines and several trans for the others. There is a good but not perfect bonnet for the Woody, there is a lot of new and very good used wood for it too.

All has to be gone by next Saturday. I will know more on Tuesday, the U.K. guy is supposed to close the deal or or not by then. If not I have made an offer which I actually believe to be fair for basket cases and rushed collection.

If I do get them I would offer up the 4-door immediately. Might do some work to the Woody before trying to sell it. I have a body rotisserie to make chassis restoration easier.

I did take pics but its been a long day so will post Monday.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA HalfDork
6/24/21 12:45 a.m.

Spoke to the seller today. He is down to Saturday to get the cars out of the warehouse. He has updated the Facebook post since I bought the convertible, lots of pics. Parts are being sorted and put into the cars as much as possible. 4-Door might be had really cheap at this point.

dean1484
dean1484 GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/14/21 9:59 p.m.

So what happened with this?  

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
10/15/21 12:25 a.m.

I gave the seller several thousand dollars for the Tourer (Convertible) as it was claimed to be "Fix the starter and it is a driver".
That made more sense than getting the basket case PU I really wanted for only a little less.
Unfortunate that I did not get the car I bought, as in the car was not as ready to drive or as complete as represented. Just fixed some more wiring issues over the last couple of days. 
Very disappointed that the heater is among the missing items.

The pile of projects and parts was scattered.
Some went to scrap metal, some to storage. I know the PU is/was in storage but have no idea how complete it would be now, I think the Traveler went the same way and the four-door to scrap.

A buddy and I made him a pretty fair cash offer for the whole pile, which he turned down.
He would have been much better off accepting that offer and the cars would have ALL been saved.

Have not contacted him recently as I'm a bit PO'ed that the Tourer is not really what he claimed and I am out of funds in any case.
If I were to fall into some cash I might try again to rescue the PU but not for what he is was last trying to get for it. You would think that after all this time he would realize that the value as a project is not what he imagines. A beautifully restored PU sold recently for just over $10K.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/6/21 9:16 p.m.

I'm kicking myself for not digging into this.

I would have loved to have that Traveller. 

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
11/6/21 11:31 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

It may still be available, I can look into it if you like.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/7/21 3:28 a.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

Sure. That would be great. 

Let me know. 

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
11/9/21 12:05 a.m.

Sorry, local ISP (Censored), so I have been unable to access the 'Net for the last three days.
I will try to see what became of the Traveller.

In reply to fridayrack :

You mean the canoe dealer?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z5wQiU3eULm7Vk3NejGyghP5bgsoBSR048ODJx4F6S0H7AiMw7rVzum1FULUrO3U